How did 2020 treat your poker game?

blkmoney12

blkmoney12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Needless to say, we definitely experienced a different year in life and in poker. 2020 is one year we won't forget! The pandemic took us away from the poker tables for the better part of the year and we don't know what the future holds. Naturally, we moved to online poker more and most of the big live events move to online as well. Live poker is trying to make a comeback in different parts of the world and it looks a little different with partitions, masks, and more cleaning/sanitizing involved - most places seem to limit the number of players to a table, too.

What was your year of poker like?
Did you get to play any live poker during the pandemic?
What do you think the future of live poker looks like, too?

Saying goodbye to 2020 and bring on 2021! Happy New Year to everyone!

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have been much busier with any online work I had been doing, therefore limited the number of poker games or tournaments I was able to play online. So, for me, I played far less than I ever had. I'm not a live poker player so, that part did not make any difference to me, but I certainly could see how it would be difficult for those who do play live poker.

We will have to see how 2021 goes - my guess is it will be similar to 2020. (but hope it's WAY better! :))

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
2020 was a difficult year for all of us. Personally, I achieved only 50% of the planned goals. But still, I clearly understand my goals for 2021, and I am ready to work every day to achieve my goal.

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We had always played live poker but sadly with 2020 we did not feel safe doing so for the majority of the year . . . Although many of our friends are dealers who have dealt through the virus and it appears the precautions the poker room has put in place has worked because few players and even fewer dealers have caught the virus. We have enjoyed many hours of online poker in 2020, but we still prefer live play and look forward to a healthier, normal 2021 . . .

D

Deeznutzzzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2020 was a very good poker learning year for me. I found some of my lost skills (patience and concentration) from over a decade ago and was able to see positive results in the second half of 2020. In 2021 I plan on developing and improving strategic tactics.
Happy New Year and thanks Cardschat for another year of hosting a great poker community.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never played live poker in my life and I probably won't be able to play. I don't have the opportunity. So my poker life hasn't changed in any way. Everything is the same as in the past, according to the old, stable, slowly in pluses

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2020 was not a bad year for me in poker, let's see what happens in the new year :)

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only play live poker with friends and only play with strangers when I travel, so, no live poker for me this year. I didn’t win any major online tournament, but poker this year was for me a great way to have fun and escape from the pandemic anxiety and stress that I was having.

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not a live poker player, so the pandemic didn't stop me from playing poker (online). However, I want to note that COVID19 still influenced my style of play. Because I got sick with this virus, and after the disease I noticed changes (I became less resilient, irritable, I started to enter the game too loosely and because of this I lose more) .....

N

Nevermind25

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In 2020 I continued to play, and I think I got a lot of experience in the game.:rolleyes:

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It was not a good year for my game but I entered the new year very positive! Have good games and good health!

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
last year was very hard for me, I didn't have much free time to play, however in poker it was most successful year, hope I will go just up this year

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played more online due to the pandemic. The only live poker for me in 2020 were some home games. I hope that in 2021 with vaccine available live poker will return gradually to normal. I also expect more hybrid formats in future (online games with video camera for example) trying to combine advantages of both types of games.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Despite the pandemic, it was a good year for me. I believe that my main achievement is membership in our community. My bankroll is growing, my skills are improving and I already have pretty good results. Therefore, in general, my dynamics are very positive and promising.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Happy New Year to all! I think that everything will return and be as usual. like the tides in the ocean. Since pandemics are rare in the world, restrictive measures look unusual. But humanity will survive this attack and return to normal life. I wish you all health and prosperity in the new year!

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Life got involved and stopped me from having enough time to work on my game. Going strong in 2021 though !

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The first two thirds of the year were great, then poker stars take away everything they had given me in 10 months in the last months of the year. So I am starting 2021 as I started in 2020, with my account with 1 dollar, lmao.

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game I play just for fun. No real goals just have enjoyed having it to play while covid has been here.

SecksyGambler

SecksyGambler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never played in person - always online.
I'm relatively new to poker, I've only played semi-seriously for a few months, and rarely can I play seriously for more than a week or two at a time.

As for my skills, they're substantially better than they were in the beginning of the year. I've found myself skilled enough to be +EV in micro stakes, I just haven't been able to actually build a bankroll off of it (mainly because I'll willing punt buy ins when i don't want to play anymore).

I'm hoping 2021 proves to be better. I'm hoping to start a bankroll of some sorts but, we'll have to see if my temperament gets in the way first.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
It was a difficult year. And although I got much better results than in previous years, I still hope that in 2021, the situation for all of us will change for the better.
Good luck.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I almost lost the interest in the game completely, so wasn't playing that much. Only towards the end I somewhat got back into it, and was/ still am trying to remember what I once used to know. :D

Top 10 Games