Hole Card Confessions Study Group with Owen Gaines to begin Jan 15th

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very true, we cant all just expect Owen to just come give us kids his wisdom! If it doesn't work out like that then maybe those of us interested could still discuss certain chapters together anyways and get some discussion going that revolves/expands on certain ideas. Maybe with our own hand histories and how we've tried applying certain chapters to our game... just an idea
For sure, and bringing our own hands into it is a great idea imo, so we have some real examples. Plus it would make us focus more while playing, looking for such spots to bring to the group.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Damn...i hate spending money.:)

IN

Q

QTipDTB

DTB Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi crew. It's been a while since I've been in these forums; however, Debi recently contacted me to inform me of your idea of going through Hole Card Confessions.

I'd be happy to participate.

I do, however, want to add my time is spread very thin right now. So, there may be times when I'm a day or two behind in responses.

I think Hole Card Confessions will be a good book for a study like this. However, the first 34 pages will probably be very basic for most people who post in poker forums. So, you may wish to go over that portion more quickly and then begin getting into the theme of the book, which starts on page 35.

I did recently reduce the price - on my website only - for the ebook of Hole Card Confessions to $24.95.

Just let me know when you would like to start and someone can either email or PM me a link to the thread.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks Owen - that is awesome!!

For those of you who want to participate - go to Owen's site to purchase the book - it is linked in the OP and in his signature.

alaskabill - gonna let you run with this one since you have done a great job of getting it started. Just let me or WVHillbilly know if you need help with anything or have questions about what to do.

KardKlub

KardKlub

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If its not too late to join count me in. :)

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wonderful, wonderful news! As far as timing goes, I vote for after the new year...maybe the 2nd or 3rd week in January? Thanks so much, Owen!

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great idea. I am in the middle of another course at present so will give this a miss this time but would definitely be interested in the future. Good luck to everyone who takes part.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just in time to add this book to my Christmas wish list.

Count me in! :)

tks Owen!!!

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Owen - that is awesome!!

For those of you who want to participate - go to Owen's site to purchase the book - it is linked in the OP and in his signature.

alaskabill - gonna let you run with this one since you have done a great job of getting it started. Just let me or WVHillbilly know if you need help with anything or have questions about what to do.

Thanks to Owen for doing this and thank you Dakota for contacting him and setting this up.

I think the next thing to do is to agree on a start date. Obviously right now holiday season takes precedence and we will need a bit of time to get the book and read it etc. My suggestion is to start on Jan. 15th. Its a sunday two weeks after New Years.

I can write up a brief outline/summary of the first 34 pages on a Saturday afternoon/evening so it will be waiting for you. :) and we can go from there. I could as a default summarize a new chapter each Sunday giving us a week to cover each section in depth. If you want a faster or slower pace speak up.

This is just a suggestion. I am completely open on dates and such so speak up and let's figure this out over the next few days if we can. Also, as to format, pace, or if someone else wants to do some writing or anything please let me know. I am completely willing to run with this but I don't want anyone to feel that we are missing out on something.

When we get closer to our agreed start date, I will try to PM everyone who has expressed interest in doing this as well as bumping this thread.

I sense awesomeness in the future. :)

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks to Owen for doing this and thank you Dakota for contacting him and setting this up.

I think the next thing to do is to agree on a start date. Obviously right now holiday season takes precedence and we will need a bit of time to get the book and read it etc. My suggestion is to start on Jan. 15th. Its a sunday two weeks after New Years.

I can write up a brief outline/summary of the first 34 pages on a Saturday afternoon/evening so it will be waiting for you. :) and we can go from there. I could as a default summarize a new chapter each Sunday giving us a week to cover each section in depth. If you want a faster or slower pace speak up.

This is just a suggestion. I am completely open on dates and such so speak up and let's figure this out over the next few days if we can. Also, as to format, pace, or if someone else wants to do some writing or anything please let me know. I am completely willing to run with this but I don't want anyone to feel that we are missing out on something.

When we get closer to our agreed start date, I will try to PM everyone who has expressed interest in doing this as well as bumping this thread.

Just curious if you participated in Owen's other "class" on Poker Math That Matters. He has this pretty wired and it sounds like you might be reinventing the wheel. He's such a nice guy he might go along with whatever and we'd miss out on what he does. Just a suggestion to talk over with him what and how he does it (if that hasn't happened already - if so tell me to STFU).

Other than that appreciate what your doing and great idea to get well past the holidays before starting.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just curious if you participated in Owen's other "class" on Poker Math That Matters. He has this pretty wired and it sounds like you might be reinventing the wheel. He's such a nice guy he might go along with whatever and we'd miss out on what he does. Just a suggestion to talk over with him what and how he does it (if that hasn't happened already - if so tell me to STFU).

Other than that appreciate what your doing and great idea to get well past the holidays before starting.

Thanks MB. No I haven't done one of these before so I will definitely PM Owen so I don't reinvent the wheel.

Thanks again. This is just the kind of feedback that will make this a success.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Will the discussion be in this thread or will you start a new one for it? Probably should be a new one - it can go in Learning Poker or Cash Games.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Please include a link here, so everyone who is subscribed here cannot miss it.
Thanks.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Will the discussion be in this thread or will you start a new one for it? Probably should be a new one - it can go in Learning Poker or Cash Games.

Definitely a new thread. I was thinking Cash Games but whichever works for everyone.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Definitely a new thread. I was thinking Cash Games but whichever works for everyone.
I was thinking a new 'sub section'.... something like 'awesomeness' sounds about right.

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

That works for me!

Actually, I was thinking Learning Poker would be better because it's more global and, as such, would encompass both cash and tourney approaches--some people play both, some adamantly play only one.

That said, anywhere is actually fine with me as long as it's somewhere. :D

P

PotluckXXI

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So have we chosen "Hole Card Confessions" as the first book?

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I figured I'd give this a quick bump. Is everyone (or at least most of us) okay with the Jan. 15th start date I proposed? I'm trying to give people enough time to recover from the holiday season and not so long that we lose momentum.

I hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jan 15 works fine for me.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Works for me too but I've already read the book.

P

PotluckXXI

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah but what time? since CC is worldwide.