Hold'em or Omaha?

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you like to gamble then PLO all the way, if you can't handle the swings then NLHE

robertocoelho

robertocoelho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer the holdem to me is the best

B

bigjay2007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I truly enjoy both games. Mainly pot limit Omaha, not the high low. I find it nice to switch things up as all NL tables can get boring at times. Another game I really like is 5 card draw. Just like the old days around the kitchen table.

tilan501

tilan501

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never played Omaha, just studied it, know how to play teorically, but for me nothing will be like Holdem On, best game ever haha.

A

AJPoker76

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I truly enjoy both games. Mainly pot limit Omaha, not the high low. I find it nice to switch things up as all NL tables can get boring at times. Another game I really like is 5 card draw. Just like the old days around the kitchen table.

Most players who have never played PLO have no idea how boring Hold'em can be at times... more cards = more fun!

Sergio_uy

Sergio_uy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hold'em is my favorite game whit poker. Omaha i'm a not good player

B

Berbo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always been an all time Hold Em player.

:DEven though i don't mind Omaha, Hold Em has always been my favorite. No matter what, Hold Em is harder than Omaha. There are less cards to get tells on and you can play any of the cards. In Omaha you are forced to use 2 cards in your hand and that makes the game that much more interesting. Good luck at the tables.:cool:

trezvennick

trezvennick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hold'em and only no limit! But I can sometimes play Omaha hi-lo tournament.

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Holdem usually,and very rarely omaha

R

reggie_g

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
plo = cash games
hold em - tournaments

F

fernandoprrt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No Limit Hold'em, for me Its the funniest game.

savaxz

savaxz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Plo - is more interesting game. I love plo in cash. But i think in tournament i love more holdem

P

pokgirl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i love holdem - 70%
omaha - 30%))
but omaha only HI

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
holdem for me but somehow this few months im earning more playing PLO....

RidersFan

RidersFan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hold'em allows everyone the most information so only the skilled can prosper. Omaha allowed much more blindness and variance.

Obviously you never studied Omaha strategy due to your over simplification of the game. Beginners will get crushed far more often in Omaha. Omaha takes a lot longer to become good at, Holdem is far easier for new players.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually i play holdem. Sure, sometimes i can play some omaha freerolls. This is the only way to play it safe, if you think, that you are not good enough at omaha.

P

pietpikel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What would be your specialty when playing poker, in which of these modes would you be in the lead? We see people saying that hold'em is the most widespread, and that there are more championships all over the world, so I ask why then people say they prefer Omaha, which is much more profitable, say that in Omaha their losses do not Are as expressive as it is when you're playing Hold'em, is that statement really true?
So let's look at the opinion of all of you if actually playing Omaha is better than Hold'em.
And the most important of all ... Who is used to Hold'em, can be profitable with Omaha? Is it different from other strategies to succeed?
The popularity of Omaha is on the rise, with many players opting for the full package of action that Omaha offers instead of Texas Hold'em primarily Hi-Lo Pot Limit Omaha or Omaha High Low ?????
Knowing of this statement, can we say that Omaha is as good as Hold'em?
PLO is far more volatile than holdem. If you cannot handle big swings, then Holdem is definitely a better game for you

F

fernandoprrt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing poker holdem, and I think its funnier.

P

PeterAztecCh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely prefer Texas Holdem because you are not hoping to winning with a great hand, you are bounded to use you strategy and bluffing. As five card draw this variant of poker is for rude cowboys. ;)

K

KidA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hold 'em. Omaha feels like I'm playing a kid's party game.

tenaciousdc

tenaciousdc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usualy play Hold em, but I must admit that I would like to learn to play more Omaha. Any tips on how to get started?

Play some Omaha table with play chips....I like Omaha because a lot of players don't fully understand the rules, which makes it profitable. Get on a free chip table and make your learning mistakes there. Then play some real cash tables and capitalize off of others' lack of knowledge.

pokerstars has a lot of Omaha and multi-game play money tables. I am in the US, so play chips are my only option there. I like the 8-game tables. You can master a nice skill set for Omaha, Stud, a Razz poker. :D

WOLF55555

WOLF55555

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play hold'em, Omaha, Omaha hi / lo. In each of these types of poker has its advantages and disadvantages.

Brisco777

Brisco777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hold'em, because i know the rules and very like this type poker.

R

RobertJShaw

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like NL as you can choose to bet what you want. PLO is good but it comes down to post flop play if you are to be +EV.

PLO - gamble
NL - more nitty