Hold'em or Omaha?

oriole

oriole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wish there were more Omaha tournaments.

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Omaha is more exciting with the equivalent six holdem hands, but the games are so different the play barely translates from one to the other.

In Hold'em it can be hard to make a pair while in Omaha drawing hands are king and average winning hand is much stronger.

I like both games but really prefer Omaha 8 or better since it is a split pot game that rewards patience and understanding how to navigate high and low board structures.

Good luck to you! :D

No1eJoker

No1eJoker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hold'em of course, and Five Card Draw :)

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For cash games I love playing Omaha because there is so much more action which attracts the degenerate in me. But for tournaments/SNGs I definitely prefer Holdem because of the lower variance. Omaha is awesome because of the shear number of awesome hands that can be made and leveraged for bigger pots.:D:D:D:D:):):)

C

chavi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
definitely holdem, altough i have to admit mostly because i am used to it :D

G

GreedyNephilim

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Holdem for sure. I end up losing a lot playing omaha. Mostly because I have never cared enough to study omaha, I do not know how it is more profitable than holdem.

J

joeyjmr8484

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not like Omaha. In Omaha anyone can have anything at any given time and if it is possible it is out there...especially in Hi-LO. Everyone might as well just play every hand all the way.

veritasi

veritasi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I starded to play poker from holdem, and 4 me it's the best. But omaha is also nice)

koisug

koisug

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer hold'em, because the conservative, my father played Hold'em, I play and I will also teach my children to play Hold'em. Thank you Thomas Austin Preston Jr, Addington and Doyle Brunson, And of course, cowboys and gold miners

V

vladikov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play holdem but also the omaha only play hi / lo. Loses in the Omaha are much smaller because you play with 4 cards and you can decide to stop especially if it is pot limit omaha.Omaha is registered very few people therefore also can It's easier for a lot of players to make money

Scott419

Scott419

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends o you really. I play 90% hold em. But that's only because I'm not comfortable enough to play online Omaha plus on most sites hold em is where most the players play. Besides pokerstars. Ya know the big ones .

rodrigo1972

rodrigo1972

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like both , I love Holdem and Omaha PL , but I always play Holdem so I prefer Holdem

NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer hold'em. However, I love Omaha....but also hate it. So, I don't play it much - if at all.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play both Hold'em and Omaha, but in Hold'em I play tournaments and Omaha Cash games are so much more convenient for me, I do not like Omaha tournaments

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play Omaha rarely cause i dont feel comfortable with it, so, i prefer to play Holdem

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hold'em or Omaha - there is no unambiguous answer. I mostly play NL Hold'em - this is the first kind of poker (and also the most common), which I have mastered. In Omaha, I like the logic and dynamics of the game. In general, I think that Omaha is the next step after Hold'em.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tried to play Omaha several times. The game is interesting but still I like Hold'em anyway. First hold'em is easier with respect to strategy and combinations. Omaha is more suitable for those who have a good mathematical presentation and thinking of the game.

D

didaby

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play hold'em...Omaha for me a very challenging game.I hope that with time I will master and her