Hold'em or Omaha?

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like Omaha (Although not profitable LOL)

answering I think depends on the profile of each one, style of game that most motivates you to study, etc...

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are playing professionally I think Hold’em is the way to go, Omaha has a lot of variance

chezzzi_qwe

chezzzi_qwe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You just do not laugh, but it so happened that I started to Omaha. Now, only No Limit Hold'em, and OFC:D

D

dbguimaraes87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I´m not very confortable playing PLO but I really think that is a funny game. I just think that I need to study more about the game before starting to play more often at PLO tables.

Gamebreakr25

Gamebreakr25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What would be your specialty when playing poker, in which of these modes would you be in the lead? We see people saying that hold'em is the most widespread, and that there are more championships all over the world, so I ask why then people say they prefer Omaha, which is much more profitable, say that in Omaha their losses do not Are as expressive as it is when you're playing Hold'em, is that statement really true?
So let's look at the opinion of all of you if actually playing Omaha is better than Hold'em.
And the most important of all ... Who is used to Hold'em, can be profitable with Omaha? Is it different from other strategies to succeed?
The popularity of Omaha is on the rise, with many players opting for the full package of action that Omaha offers instead of Texas Hold'em primarily Hi-Lo Pot Limit Omaha or Omaha High Low ?????
Knowing of this statement, can we say that Omaha is as good as Hold'em?
I like Omaha alot. Almost as much as NL Holdem. It's a nice change if you get burnt out on Holdem. I think Omaha can be very profitable, because not as many people play Omaha. Take care :cool:

dcproster

dcproster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer holdem.Omaha has a very big desspersion,but to play Omaha is funnier.

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to hold before omaha before I had a good command of the omaha but lately it's not my luck

AlexDriver

AlexDriver

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often play nl hold'em. But I can play 7-card stud, 5-card draw, omaha.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like Omaha better, prefer the Hi/Lo myself. Only problem with Omaha is Holdem players thinking they know how to play, lol. It is more different than it looks. Straights, full houses, and flushes you have to watch out for very carefully.
After playing Omaha, Holdem is a lot easier to play, less to keep track of, it is like wearing ankle weights and then taking them off. I see more of the hands while playing, opponents as well as mine.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I often play nl hold'em. But I can play 7-card stud, 5-card draw, omaha.

Stud is a tough one for me. Seems to me I have more chips in the pot before my hand goes very bad. It will take me a lot more practice to be able to compete with that one. I like it in HORSE, mostly because a lot of other players loose chips in that one, and less blinds for me to play, usually.

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What would be your specialty when playing poker, in which of these modes would you be in the lead? We see people saying that hold'em is the most widespread, and that there are more championships all over the world, so I ask why then people say they prefer Omaha, which is much more profitable, say that in Omaha their losses do not Are as expressive as it is when you're playing Hold'em, is that statement really true?
So let's look at the opinion of all of you if actually playing Omaha is better than Hold'em.
And the most important of all ... Who is used to Hold'em, can be profitable with Omaha? Is it different from other strategies to succeed?
The popularity of Omaha is on the rise, with many players opting for the full package of action that Omaha offers instead of Texas Hold'em primarily Hi-Lo Pot Limit Omaha or Omaha High Low ?????
Knowing of this statement, can we say that Omaha is as good as Hold'em?

I am sure, in hold'em you must have heard about too many players complaining about "bad luck at river". Compared to that have you ever heard any player complaining about river in omaha?

One of the reason i can understand is that hold'em is a game of 7 cards where one card at the end can change the whole picture. But omaha is a game of 9 cards which gives more flexibility to the game. Omaha is more suitable for players who are more inclined towards draw.

A

aj88xa869

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Holdem because I still don't know for sure the rules of Omaha. I should probably study up !

M

mulliongc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Omaha will send Hold'em to the showers just as Hold'em did to 7 card stud. Years ago, (1970's) when you walked into a poker room with 20 tables, you would see 1, maybe 2 Hold'em tables. The rest were 7 card stud, 5 card draw high, 5 card draw low, 6 card stud high, etc. What do you see nowadays? Hold'em buried all those other games. That's what PLO will do to Hold'em, perhaps to a lesser extent.

Stevan

Stevan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Too many possibilities in Omaha so i prefer Holdem, it's a classic.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not think omaha more profitable than holdem, I think there is more variance in omaha, some like omaha for all the action there, especially on the flop.
I prefer holdem, I think there 's more strategy in this mode, for something is the most popular in the world.

S

socram98

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i don´t like Omaha... is very confuse

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
games

Holdem is good for grinders , Omaha is better for gamblers , Omaha hi lo is best for maniacs !

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a fan of Omaha.
because due to the flexibility of the game requires more attention and focus.
But for the prize, I end up playing more hold' em

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
holdem

i think holdem texas is the best and for
this reason in all sites most players are playing holdem

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like Holdem the best.
I just started learning Omaha and I like to play Omaha tourneys. I do find Omaha more involved than holdem and you really have to be on your game to make the correct decisions.

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I myself prefer the Hold`em it is but what game,
but also already much play Omaha is a lot of fun

D

digosousap

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i prefer holdem.. omaha so many possibilits haha bug mind :p

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello my friend, the game that I can develop more is texas hold em no limit, I think omaha is very cool too, I just think I have more variance and have to have a much better reading, maybe I can be wrong, but I think that. But I find it interesting to know other variables of the game of poker, maybe you do better in one than in another, so the more modalities to know better, then you dedicate yourself to those who are more successful.