Heart Rate while playing poker

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Okay so this is a kinda a stupid question, but lately while playing poker my heart started skipping a beat.

It didn’t happen before so I’m confused, because now it happens literally every time I play.
And it’s not a comfortable sensation.

Does this happen to anyone else?
And what does this indicate exactly?

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I experience this all the time. I think I have some heart or nerve system. I had it since day one of playing poker. It's weird that you have it later. Maybe there's something wrong with your heart rate and you should take some pills to fix it. I'm not a doctor though. Another stupid theory is that you started taking the game seriously and you care about the game. That's why you nervous because you want to win.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello, you should check with a doctor... Although it's normal for me when I play cash and there's a lot of money on the table... I get more excited Dee hehe :D greetings I hope you're well :D

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Okay so this is a kinda a stupid question, but lately while playing poker my heart started skipping a beat.

It didn’t happen before so I’m confused, because now it happens literally every time I play.

It happens at risk.

A lot of adrenaline involved, normal!

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My heart rate goes up when I play multipot with top pair

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's normal to increase your heart beat when in much emotion, but if you feel that it's something abnormal you should check with a doctor. When i am in a situation of intense emotions my hands even get colder. :eek:
Poker sometimes is pure adrenaline, but try to relax, and don't bet if you can't afford, that makes everything worst.

bilva1984

bilva1984

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello

it depends on the situation in which you find yourself in the tournament

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The truth is when I play my heart starts beating at 100 per hour, it is a very cardiac game when you are playing for real money the games become more difficult when you get to the last tables it is good to have water on hand and calm your nerves!

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think it shows that you are playing for money that you cannot afford to spend. I also think that this means that you do not have a bankroll management system or you do not follow it.

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Good idea, I wear a Garmin Sports watch with ultimate functions of tracking (heart rate, stresslevel, and so on...) I will see the results next time I go allin at FT...

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think its always best to check in with your Dr when something is happening to your body that you have not experienced before.

I know when I play poker and I get excited or nervous my heart does beat strangely sometimes because of the adrenaline coursing though me. I can on speak for myself and not anyone else though.

I cannot say what this indicates for you as there are too many variables and unknown factors at play here, nor is it my place to give advice on such things. You should not rely on what any of us say in chat. You really should seek medical advice to be on the safe side.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You cannot determine the arrhythmia of the heart yourself. This can only be detected in the medical center with the help of equipment. Just the heart can beat strong or weak. So it seems to you that it allegedly stays. This is also an arrhythmia and it needs to be treated or not played where you have a strong excitement. This can develop into chronic heart disease.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
at first when I started playing poker I really had big emotions and heart palpitations :)), but I overcame that moment ... now I just enjoy this wonderful game :)... in the end it's just a game and should be treated as such :)... never forget that:)

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's better you check with your doctor. I know that my heart rate goes up when I'm in a moment of difficult decision or when I know I'm playing in limits that I should not be playing..lol

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No need to worry so much in poker. This is just a game.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In certain hands when I play lol, definitely my heart rate goes up and more if it's a big pot!

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
corazon

hola la frecuencia cardiaca mientras juego es nomal. pero en la mesa final un una mano dura se me acelera un poco el corazon:)

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Maybe it's the sleep deprivation? Then, during an important hand, the body becomes more stressed if it is not enough sleep.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a really low heart rate in general, which is kind of hard to believe given my health situation. Hey guys - don't ignore the signals like I did. If it hurts, get it looked at sooner rather than later. Life is too short.

N

Narcys

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have high heart rate only if i`m at the last table on some big tournament

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I remember one of my very first games in the cardschat league. Participating in a team game was something new. But more experienced opponents quickly figured me out and took away a lot of chips in the first hour of the game. There was no chance to pull the game out, and I didn't want to finish too early. There was a lot of stress, my heart was thundering like a hammer in my chest. I had to drink two glasses of water, calm down and think about other tactics. I still saved the game by making a comeback, appreciated by my teammates and finished it in 4th place. But I still remember the excitement of that game.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

It is difficult to say what such symptoms indicate. The reasons can be different and there are many. One of the common reasons is a sedentary lifestyle. Daily walks in the fresh air usually help to get rid of such problems over time.

scottychase

scottychase

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For my this happens when I over think or dwell to much on on the prize pool.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had such a strong heartbeat when my opponent and I were playing preflop and he had several draws on the flop. And yes, I played after a long break, but over time it passed, regardless of the limit.