gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
problem is though...you have to really know what you're doing with veg diet...unless you eat organic you may find health declining even further...so many chemicals and crap used in farming these days, produce just does not have the nutrients it should

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this opinion is nonsense. The main thing during the game - to be fed, healthy, and not in a vile mood. And what you eat and how much - it depends on the needs of the body, the main thing is that you feel comfortable and you are not distracted by extraneous things.

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i can't go full vegan, i've tried. i cut down on meat though and feel better. diet and some exercise is important imo you don't have to go full out but remember you're sitting down for 4-8 hours on the average, just think about that

Rusel2302

Rusel2302

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, it certainly is funny,I think a healthy diet will not affect the game.If you lead a healthy lifestyle(e.g. not drinking alcohol),then it may result to improve,get lighter thoughts,not clouded his mind from yesterday's booze.But this is all superficial,as the saying goes-to each his own

CadoARAJ

CadoARAJ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hello friends .. I have listened and read in some notes where they assure that to have a better performance in the game we have to have a healthy life in nutrition and exercised ??
I am beginning to believe that I have to become vegetarian and start the diet because my results are getting worse.
What do you think ?

Don't do that. Protein is needed to be toxic and agressive enough to take the pot.
But I believe that you need to have a great diet, balanced, and make sports and gym to mantain your body lift up to can be strong enough to you reach a final table at a tourney of 5 hours or more.
Yesterday, I finished 43 at 1,1 progressive KO at PS. Was over than 4 hours until the time that I was beated. Today I am so tired. Have to make more exercises to keep it up.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello friends .. I have listened and read in some notes where they assure that to have a better performance in the game we have to have a healthy life in nutrition and exercised ??
I am beginning to believe that I have to become vegetarian and start the diet because my results are getting worse.
What do you think ?
Like many, I think it's best to stay 1 step away from vegetarian:
- cow eat grass
- I eat the cow, after bbq
Perfect with a salad and a glass of whiskey

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you think ?

I think poker is about your mind set. Exercise and nutrition do play a significant part of your mindset. I do a modified keto diet and I exercise regularly and I do yoga weekly. This helps keep me relaxed and keeps me from getting fatigued during play. I also have a big punching bag that I wear out when I make a bad play or take a bad beat (believe me, this really does help get out all of that anger and frustration that can come from poker)

But, that is not all there is to it. There is no magic pill to playing poker. You have to study the game, develop your skills and try to eliminate your weaknesses. You cannot rely on not eating meat to win a hand, game, tournament, ect. You have to look objectively at what you did well and what you did poorly. I am not discouraging from your diet, I am simply saying that in addition to developing healthy lifestyle choices as a way to improve your game, you also want to develop good poker habits to improve your game.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I am vegetarian since over 30 years and I don't think, that this has any effect on poker.
But it also doesn't make me more or less sick than others who eat meat.
In my opinion only the sport is important to have some compensation to the long sitting while playing like in any office job.

M

Millie232

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A balanced diet and regular exercise is good for all aspects of life - and I don't see why poker is any different. You will feel better, play better, and do everything else in your life better if you improve your diet and exercise more (though be careful with this one, it is 100% possible to exercise too much). Personally, I avoid sugar and alcohol while I intend to play poker - but when I know there's going to be a few days where I can't/won't play, I'll definitely indulge myself. I also avoid foods that I feel slow me down, which means keeping portion sizes useful and avoiding overly spicy food (drinking too much water/milk afterwards really bloats you up). I use a FitBit watch to monitor my exercise and make sure I get at least 500 steps per hour done as well as a total of 90 minutes of exercise per day - this usually comes in the form of a leisurely walk in nature. On top of that, I also meditate multiple times per day for a minimum of 30 minutes combined. Have you ever noticed there is rarely an overweight player at a televised poker game?

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think more depends on experience and good luck, and nothing depends on vegetarianism.:)

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you do not need to become a vegetarian to change your body and mind, it is enough to balance your diet, add more fruits and vegetables and mandatory physical activity at least an hour a day, even just a walk

alexKarel

alexKarel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you abstain from eating all products of animal origin, then how, then win poker ??? You will not be able to touch the fish, but you won’t win much from the regulars ... Imagine the situation - you have AA, you called UTG with a raise, everyone called, the flop is AA9, you check, all the players are all in, you are - Oh, I vegan, poor fish, I fold :aetsch:

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You don't need to go on a restrict diet to play better. Like anything in life, you have to moderate. Of course if you choose a healthy life style, everything will be synergistically better, including poker.
Eat good, feel good and good luck! :)

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As for vegetarian and diets I'm not sure, but if you eat right, keep yourself in shape and moderate exercise with small load, then the game is also has influence for the better. My opinion is it!

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Eating healthy well balanced diets, staying hydrated, exercising, getting a good night's sleep, having regular physicals and following your doctor's advice, getting some sun and lots of fresh air, not smoking, not drinking too much and not doing drugs - these are all good for you which means they are good for your game.

Being a vegetarian is a lifestyle choice. If you choose to do it you do need to find out the right way to do it so you don't do more harm than good.

A

alexis888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I vas a vegetarian for a year but I didn't like it.

N

naVeela

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
They recommend you those stuff because you need to have a clean head while playing poker, you can't play poker if you are depressed or anxious because those are the things that keeps you making mistakes.

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poor diet can definitely affect your mental state / focus. This is especially true if you have a high sugar/carb meal and then experience a blood sugar crash. It's important to limit your carbs and balance them out with protein and a little fat. Nuts, yogurts and fresh fruit are great things to have before playing. Caffeine has been shown to boost alertness, so coffee/tea aren't a bad idea. Just don't forget to drink water. Dehydration has a lot of negative effects on your body. Other than that, be sure to take some time away from the game and enjoy spending time doing other things.

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a lot of different opinions. I respect them. each person is an individual. and everyone has a secret, to get the victory. but it is 100% correct? he will help? in life you have its way. I live the way I want. and I love to play poker.