Heads Up Strategy

B

brozef07

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I pride myself on being a better than average heads up player, and this mini I just finished second in has me quite annoyed. Here's the scenario,

My opponent knocks out the 3rd place finisher and pulls nearly even with my stack in the process. Immediately (must be this guy's heads up strategy) starts folding or going all in pre-flop when sitting on the small blind. I've seen this before, and my usual play is to make the minimum raise when I'm on the small blind (so I can get him to fold or dump all his chips in play), and sit tight until I'm holding QQ or better, or an AJ or something, and then get all of the chips on the table. The frequency he's putting it all on the table suggests any face card is grounds for an all in, no matter the kicker.

Trouble is, though I was whittling him down in our blind stealing contest, we ended up in 7 different all-in situations, and I came into the hand ahead every time, and was sucked out. The final one had him taking down my KK with a J6o after flopping two pair. I'm going to chalk it up to an extraordinarily long string of bad beats, and keep this strategy as my default, but has anyone out there had good/bad results fighting that kind of fire with fire? What happens when you give these guys a taste of their own medicine?

H

hbkmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i try to be super aggresive i will push in with straight flush draw cards. As odds winning the money u have 50 50 chance either you or him. I like 50 percent i will take it.