Have You Ever Thought About Quitting Poker Temporary?

Mohamed48

Mohamed48

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Since I started playing poker, I have not lost successively like what happened to me this week. I suffered a loss, and with very good hands, whether pretflop or before river, it made me think again and take poker lessons as a beginner :).

:deal:It has been a year since I have been Cardschat members, so you must have an idea about how I play poker, so what is your advice to me?

Last edited:
A

abpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I've had some frustrating results, and have taken some time off before. If you feel you aren't playing well, then a break may be a good idea. If you feel like your lacking in a certain area or maybe even overall, and/or aren't confident in some situations, then it may be a good idea to use a break just to study some. Or, if it's more a matter of the losses are messing with your mindset, a break may help you sort of shake it off, so you can play your best game. Good luck!

B

BOMDEBLEF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
had months i was losing winning hands was discouraging me

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With lockdown easing and summer time coming I'm going to take a break from it, but it's not based on my performance. I also don't tend ot play for real money

nanida888

nanida888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately, such situations often occur in poker when you lose with good hands, from a good position, and this happens all the time for a week or even a month. In this case, I pause for about a week - watching movies, reading books, playing other games, but not poker. When I start playing poker again, the situation is not so bad with moving, I win more than I lose. Therefore, taking a break from poker is sometimes helpful.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since I started playing poker, I have not lost successively like what happened to me this week. I suffered a loss, and with very good hands, whether pretflop or before river, it made me think again and take poker lessons as a beginner :).

:deal:It has been a year since I have been Cardschat members, so you must have an idea about how I play poker, so what is your advice to me?
I often have the urge to stop playing for a while! Fortunately, after a good sleep, it disappears!

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Certainly..

Have stopped before, certainly will after today. Mid tourney, the usual suspects luck out, get all the cards. You've seen this scenario before. It's not your fault, they got better cards, simple as that.
All you can do is take it like a player, sit it out for a decent period, no poker until your enthusiasm builds itself back up.
Without enthusiasm, what is poker?

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You are going through a bad streak in the game, sometimes EA good to take a break for a few days off or maybe weeks to de-stress a little from the pressure of the game due to the bad results, at that free moment you can study the game a little more if you want to do it , but if what you want is to isolate yourself from the tables for a few days, do it you will like it and when you come back you will no longer play with fear of losing, because when the bad streaks get longer it is because it is already a problem not only of the game if not of the mind because you play with fear of losing and it does not let you make good decisions and that is when it is time to take a few days off.

Mohamed48

Mohamed48

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Thank you all for your interaction. Your comments had a positive impact on my psyche and raised my spirits

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will advise the same as myself-to constantly modulate to look for an approach to study the wounded sides.Losing with the top cards has a percentage of falling into it and you hit it.Do not despair the game still knows how to change with the times so we have something to learn in it believe me.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I never thought about it. For me, poker is a hobby that gives me pleasure and a good opportunity to be distracted after a hard day's work. Although I also sometimes need a break.
Good luck.

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do take break for days or weeks maybe when I'm focusing on my own stuff. I don't make living by playing poker so I only do it ocasionally when I see there's a good game somewhere and I have time. But I love both playing and watching poker.

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I thought more than once! But now you need to earn enough money not to play it! :) :) :)

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Periodically I stop playing. Usually during 5-minute breaks! lol

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I have a lot to do and need to change my computer - I'm on vacation, but I will soon solve this problem and play again.

AQA272

AQA272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you've had a lousy day you've lost 5-6 buy-ins because of the badbeats...his thought comes to mind:confused:

GL!!!

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I think that is a thought that happens to all of us who at some point have lost our bankroll ... one is devastated and very discouraged ... I was about to never play again ... but later after a week of not playing I came back again ...!

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often take breaks for months at a time. I just restarted a few weeks ago after 6 months off or so. I get bored easily and move on to other hobbies but always return after a while when I get the itch again. Rarely stop because losing streak just boredom.

Jimlad999

Jimlad999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes but often enough I just give it a couple of days then I feel ready to come back and play.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Naturally, at the very beginning, I had a feeling that you need to throw poker for a while and not to play. And now, when I feel that I'm tired or not there is time, or I am not lucky, I do not play poker a certain time.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I stopped playing for 10 years before,,,picked it back up a few years ago when my life slowed down abit,,, (had kids,,,lol) :dontknow::stupido2: