Have You Ever Thought About Quitting Poker Temporary?

C

casique31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have had very good results for a year and a week is bad for you is more than normal, if you take poker as a job you can also consider a vacation one or two weeks nothing will change the tables will be waiting for you

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do not cut off the shoulder so quickly. Everyone has bad days. Take a break for a while and try to play again.

Mohamed48

Mohamed48

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Thank you all for your advice. Sharing your experiences with me was really useful to me, and what I liked the most was the same sentence the tables will be waiting for you

tihomalko

tihomalko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah not only thoughts. Had two times break x2 years or so :)

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes

Playing poker everyday is about like drinking a bottle of gin everyday. Many times I've said I will never drink again, and that's the same as playing poker everyday. I've said I will never play poker again after so many bad days. But just like alcohol I would go right back and play and with my bottle of gin right there. I don't drink anymore, but I still play poker and some how I deal with those bad days at the tables.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Since I started playing poker, I have not lost successively like what happened to me this week. I suffered a loss, and with very good hands, whether pretflop or before river, it made me think again and take poker lessons as a beginner :).

:deal:It has been a year since I have been Cardschat members, so you must have an idea about how I play poker, so what is your advice to me?

It's a badbeat. It is natural for every player who incurs several consecutive losses to consider quitting poker. The same thing happened to me a few times, and after not playing for a few days I find myself excited to play again. My advice to you is not to play for a few days until you get out of the state, and then play slow tournaments to get the game in control again.

PokStorm

PokStorm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right now I'm taking a step back ... and I admit it's good. I think I'll get back to it in a little while because I miss it and it feels good to feel this urge coming back. :D
When it comes to you my friend ... you have to do as you feel, it is often the sensations that we perceive that count. Good luck ! ;)

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Since I started playing poker, I have not lost successively like what happened to me this week. I suffered a loss, and with very good hands, whether pretflop or before river, it made me think again and take poker lessons as a beginner :).

:deal:It has been a year since I have been Cardschat members, so you must have an idea about how I play poker, so what is your advice to me?

Sure, take a bread. When you can't enjoy what you do and have the freedom to walk away, do so. In my opinion, as long as you play "just" very good hands you will be on the losing end. You need to turn your marginal and worthless hands into gold.. bluffs ..etc. Then be prepared to lose and win more often. If you only play good hands be prepared to be an overall losing player who will post in the rant thread more often than the more exploitative players.;)

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was thinking about it 2 years ago but nowadays, I don't bother thinking these stuff. I just play it)

L

Lolocomondo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have these thoughts, have a break, relax, study more and return to the game. This helps to clear your mind and come back stronger. When i was gambling at basketball and had 3months with negative balance, i paused my streak for a month and return with crazy winning numbers. Hope i helped!

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In fact, I gave up poker temporarily for about 3 years, I had to dedicate myself completely to my studies and work and I couldn't find time to play from time to time, so I decided to forget about poker for all that time, if you ask me, yes, I It was necessary, but sometimes there are higher priorities and they have to be met, now as a professional I play more often and knowing that everything is fine now.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yes, I just take a few days away from the game and try to get a fresh outlook on poker when I start playing again. This works for me. I hope you find something that helps you out with your game.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many times I temporarily quit. Then he would start playing again. This is a common occurrence for any poker player.

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

The advice is to learn from your mistake and keep on improving. Nobody is perfect in poker.

S

Scroooob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Yes, every minute. And have taken breaks several times. Be it days or years, sometimes a break is needed.

T

Tatomircg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u cannot win all the time at poker...who thinks that is dreaming

J

jeffman123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Downswings are just built into the game. Flip a coin 100.00 times. Let's say if it's tails you get 100 bucks if it's heads I get 100 bucks. Guaranteed you'll have an extended stretch of time where there's almost no heads.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I didn't stop playing by my will, but I'm out of poker right now because all the rooms I've played in are closed to players from Serbia

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I often have the urge to stop playing for a while! Fortunately, after a good sleep, it disappears!
everyone needs rest, and the duration depends on the person, it can be 1-2 days or more, if you play for many hours every day and do not give yourself a rest, this is already a disease and it is called mania