Have You Ever Thought About Quitting Poker?

kenzohim

kenzohim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If can't handle bad beat , quit was fine. I quit poker 2 years coz my country can't play Pokerstar.
Now i resident UK n play again.

M

mrwalleye

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everytime i get a bad beat lol..but i dont

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It has never crossed my mind to leave poker, I think it's my passion, and that's why I fight, breathe and live.

poker is a temptation, you have to know how to control it.

Akshayreddy

Akshayreddy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, When I get cooldowns in massive pots

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

Yes, every time I get sucked out on and knocked out of a tournament, which happens way to often.

KizherXVII

KizherXVII

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only consider quitting poker when my eyeballs are telling me hey pal its bedtime but my pocket says hey pal there is still room in here.... we can fit some more in here lol... maybe take a break but never quit... you know what as the saying goes "Only losers are quitters" lol champs retire and come back haha...

ryknow666

ryknow666

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, lately I have moved away a little with respect to poker, the internet does not help me, I have been in poor health and incidentally the restrictions to my country are getting worse in the rooms and sites like neteller but they are always looking for an alternative

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
never think about stopping but once and for a few months without playing what i noticed and it is good for me to take a break!

S

satriyo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Exciting game.

For me poker is just a hobby. Which can sometimes be lucrative. I have never thought of giving it up, I think I will play it until the last of my days. It is a very exciting game. :cool::cool::cool:.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have you thought about quitting poker? How was this moment?

Leave your account of negative moments that left you on the path to giving up poker.

I have had 2 main instances when i thought about quitting poker,

1) When i found myself caught up in the underground poker scene, staying up super late, playing high stakes high stress games, with some pretty sketchy players to boot. That was a time I got to thinking maybe I should be doing something else with my life

2) When i had a couple of big tournament scores and felt like I had won the lottery. But rather than feeling purely euphoric, I felt mostly a sense of relief, because those tournaments are some of the most exhausting battles a person can endure

This was also a question that was asked of me when I was making my youtube series "Project Get Me Stackin" - Included is a little checklist for people who are unsure about what to do...

Hope you enjoy it, cheers!
:D

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

I never thought about it and I never would I love this game and I will play it for life as long as I can, greetings

complex1

complex1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never

I love poker and it is a challenge to me right now to be the best that I can be. I am a high level Chess player and I find poker to be just as intellectually stimulating. Poker is more mathematics and psychology but it is also a game of creativity just like Chess is. My day will come and I will CRUSH this game also! The money will be frosting on the 🍰. Weeeeeeeeee

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never thought about giving up the game of poker, because I play for free and low stakes, I still hope to win something big out of nothing, so I have nothing to lose if I play like before. some money for a short trip.:)

W

WellAA

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yep, certainly if you persevere enough you`ll get there.
For sure poker is much more difficult than Chess, specially when you need to call the shots and You haven`t the nuts.
See you there in the FT.

L

louis627

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only a slow down or taking a break when my play becomes stupid and I start losing or trying to bluff my way to a win to much.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never thought about quitting poker only poker rooms because of the frequency of bad beats just seem way too excessive not to be rigged.

P

pete_ferret

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm being messed about with local games at the moment but when you can play online for free why would you stop. One day you could inch your way to a major tournament.

C

casique31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know whether to quit poker, but to take a vacation until I reach platinum status again. For now I am taking a break, taking care of everything that we leave pending to play poker. Things happen for a reason

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have had a few moments over the years, but I've lowered my sites, and am doing somewhat well.

I try to keep it real.

Liedust

Liedust

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
55655 times.....but i'm still here....

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Every time when a fool playes with a joke hand and win against my strong cards and I loose the whole tourney... Every Single Time.

chippawa1234

chippawa1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah when I keep get coolered but that's poker all for fun

aleomar86

aleomar86

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I have thought about it, but I prefer when I am very worn out and I feel that I am not going to win, if I take time, as pokerstars allows self-exclusion, sometimes I use that to slow down a bit.