Have You Ever Thought About Quitting Poker?

endfrom

endfrom

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There was such a thought when I lost. But it was a bad state without a long sleep. And I again remembered my goal

J

Jeffrey Uitbeijerse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In today's session i have been rivered 3 times in important spots.
And also against donks who open shove 97o and still get there, very frustrating. Almost broke the keyboard once :)

SlimHeperpokerstars

SlimHeperpokerstars

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you thought about quitting poker? How was this moment?

Leave your account of negative moments that left you on the path to giving up poker.

There are such thoughts (But thoughts are one thing and actions are quite different! I'll poke a little and re-aspire to the game, in my failures I myself am guilty, it needs to be clearly aware

macthemax

macthemax

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BE
Chips
once in a while I take a brake, but quitting no.

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two years ago, I began to lose in cash games, I thought that at the table bots, a year did not play. Spent time on video lessons, watched the video, how others play poker. I think not for nothing !!! Now I'm playing quite differently, it's much better and it's become more interesting to play. I play more tournaments, but the cash games are rare.

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It has not turned around in my head.It would be a reason

R

rushdaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never thought about quitting my cherished game of poker, I could never quit playing even at micro low stakes. I was taught how to play poker at a very early age and it played a big part of my life growing up so the thought has never entered my mind. I have thought about taking a break though, usually when i am losing hand over fist i will take a few days to a few weeks off and i come back fresher than ever.

J

Jeremy Laninger

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have quit playing online poker for a few years. Now I'm back at it, but I will never quit playing live poker.

steve101651

steve101651

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No doubt. I agree with that. Do you ever think online poker cheats, or favors certain players?

B

bumerangue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have stopped playing about 3 times, I kept playing a lot on these periods and studying a lot, but with not much return. But some of my friends just kept playing and one of then just won a sunday million (not ITM, 1st place and some 150-200k at the bankroll). I was working a lot and winning to little. So i decided to play and study again and I realized that problably it wasnt being lucrative because, even though I played and studied a lot, I was somehow playing wrong, and I realized that it was the main factor that made me quit, but now Im back!

Kruel7y

Kruel7y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Leave your account of negative moments that left you on the path to giving up poker.

I thought it wasn't my call when I lost my bankroll, after few days deposited again :p

Gphillips15

Gphillips15

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This thread makes me sick you disgust me

Thania Vento

Thania Vento

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes sometimes I wonder what would happens if I quit poker but I will never do it because I love to play poker

M

mex4el

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no
Poker is needed as a job)
The main thing is to win at least a little ...

Evgenyi Shepelev

Evgenyi Shepelev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it happens. Several times I left poker. It has been connected with my failures. But I always came back through some time..
And once I has left poker because of work. There was a lot of work, and I strongly was tired. Therefore it was necessary to give up poker.
All this was because I have no money from poker, it is more than from work. Of course if I earned with poker big money, then I wouldn't stop playing.
Though it seems to me even if you are successful in poker, it is necessary to do breaks. That the head has had a rest that you could look in a different way at your actions.

This my opinion, can someone will tell that it is wrong. But nevertheless I so think:):):)

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without cards, I can not last more than a month

B

BigD23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think about this everytime I made a coulpe hundred bucks playing live, and then getting a bad beat and going broke. Made me hate how unfair and stupid the game is sometimes when donkeys suck out on you. But then it also gave me incentive to play differently (i.e. not getting the stack in until you have the nuts) to keep losses minimal.

A

alextepi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every day, after almost every tournament, but change my mind. Promotions are keeping me in the poker online game.

Svyat66556

Svyat66556

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm most likely in the toilet will not visit, than quit playing poker

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Nop, it's my favorite game and it distracts me a lot

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes,I have,but that was because of some online poker rooms that closed and then literally stole all the money I had there.

nitulbhatia

nitulbhatia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ive quit online poker. Not an easy way to make money. Theres rigging in stocks, commodities, foreign exchange. Some people dont have jobs. In desperation some people gamble and even play above their limits. Many people dont have an easy life. I feel sorry, thats the way the world is. Microsoft fired 18000 (which is not a small number of people) of its own employees. A powerful company with limitless resources could have helped them to work on new projects, lives get destroyed. I understand sometimes loss making companies are compelled to cut jobs because they dont have a monopoly, they have to compete with many competitors. Thats capitalism for you.

M

milagua

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Too early for me to quit the poker. ;)

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I have quit poker a few times. I try to see it as a hobby now. Sometimes coming back with a fresh mind is good.

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i left poker a few years ago because i was becoming too agressive and emotional. I found i was letting my losses affect my life. This year i returned to poker very rusty but I think i'm back to the level i was when i left. This time I know not to let poker rule my life or ruin my life.