Have you ever lost your heart for the game?

PeLLeTTi

PeLLeTTi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all, this is not a mimimi post, I just wanted the opinion of the people, and if anyone has ever thought about it, if they feel this way, or if they felt this way and why they changed their opinion.
Well guys, today's Sunday, where I was beaten like a convict, at least that's what stayed in my head, maybe I ran ok, but I really didn't pay much attention, I was thinking about stopping the game. Not that I'm not profitable, I am, but I do take poker for fun. But lately I've been more stressed than having fun playing, being playing 4, 6 or 12 screens, the horny is no longer the same. I start grinding at a thousand, after about 40 minutes I get discouraged and open something to do on another screen, usually a series, or youtube. Today, with 20 minutes of grinding, I got discouraged and I stopped for four months and started playing again on Thursday, on Friday I played and it was not the same, today was like four months ago, with the difference of the Olympics, I paid more attention in the Olympics than in poker itself. Here comes the question, has anyone gone through this and still playing? If yes, what made you come back? And these things. Just for the record, it's not defeat that's doing this, it's simply the loss of lust for the game.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
First of all, this is not a mimimi post
Are you German? Because this is such a typically German thing to say, ha ha! :D

But to address your question: When I had lost my entire bankroll for the umpteenth time, I felt it was time to abandon Poker. I viewed it as a stupid and costly waste of time. I still do, kind of, but nowadays I exclusively play with play money, and I never enjoyed this game more. I also realized that I wasn't ready to play for cash, and maybe never will (skill-wise, not because I lack the funds to do so).

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
First of all, this is not a mimimi post, I just wanted the opinion of the people, and if anyone has ever thought about it, if they feel this way, or if they felt this way and why they changed their opinion.
Well guys, today's Sunday, where I was beaten like a convict, at least that's what stayed in my head, maybe I ran ok, but I really didn't pay much attention, I was thinking about stopping the game. Not that I'm not profitable, I am, but I do take poker for fun. But lately I've been more stressed than having fun playing, being playing 4, 6 or 12 screens, the horny is no longer the same. I start grinding at a thousand, after about 40 minutes I get discouraged and open something to do on another screen, usually a series, or youtube. Today, with 20 minutes of grinding, I got discouraged and I stopped for four months and started playing again on Thursday, on Friday I played and it was not the same, today was like four months ago, with the difference of the Olympics, I paid more attention in the Olympics than in poker itself. Here comes the question, has anyone gone through this and still playing? If yes, what made you come back? And these things. Just for the record, it's not defeat that's doing this, it's simply the loss of lust for the game.

I think your case is pretty simple.

It's a disentanglement situation.

As you play just for fun, maybe poker has lost its interest for you, in other words, you are bored or frustrated.

I think you should look for other variants or even games.

Or realize and act on the cause of the problem that has been frustrating you.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This happened to me too, and then I decided to just work on the game and the desire to play returned to me.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
i played so much lately and had so many bad beat that i fell it's time for me to rest a little bit from poker
love that game but it's becoming a moral thing for me to do after work.
i have to give more quality time for my family and regulate my time of play

J

jumboscampi

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NO

I may have been sidelined here and there with the 5 spinal fusions i've had, 2 just last year, but i always come back just as passionate about playing as ever.

Been playing so long because it's part of me i guess!

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I was a very regular player back in the early 2000's. Though to 2010. Although I never saw it as an income, i most certainly had dreams of giving up my job and playing full time. I was like 99% of poker players deluded, i had a few nice wins over those years, mostly withdrew, but as time went on, the swings finically were too hard to deal with. Losing, bad beats, just not getting the run of the cards can take its toll mentally, it can also affect your life outside of poker. For me, poker is gambling and it's addictive. I just one day completely stopped playing, online/live. This past year, I have started getting back into it, but I treat the game as a hobby and hobby only, it is much more soothing mentally, when I don't put pressure on myself on trying to make profit, it's not my goal, if i win then great, if i lose then great. My deposits are disposable income and these days if i lose my $50, it's no different heading to the bar and spending my $50 as long as i'm having fun.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happened few times before and i'm sure it will happen few time more in the future.

001Jaguar

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s exactly what is my mood is these days I do the same I think online poker is getting boring and the same things always happens make us feel not interested anymore it’s a good result for us what is online poker full of bad beats and make us buy in again and again but ones you go watch you tube do it man don’t play you lucky to feel this way better not playing every day it’s frustrating your life then full of sadnesses you got a good point I have the same feeling and acting when I play poker because we get bored 😐

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
if you get too much involved in this game, you will end up suffering ... of course :), all you have to do is simply treat it as such, so as a game ... what it is is :)just trying to enjoy the game of poker, if you can't enjoy it .... stop playing:)

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
this has happened to me many times, I think the app even wants us to lose everything, I myself last week lost 50$ in less than 40 minutes playing tournaments and falling with good hands, and that made me frustrated with the poker I said that I would never play on this site again and that's what I'm doing to this day!

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes a break from poker is needed and good for us I take regular breaks question myself even is it worth all the time and effort up and down like a yoyo.
What your describing here playing with 12 screens open when your not focusing properly sounds like a chore really and can lead to being stressed out and making a lot more mistakes than just having one to 4 screens open and concentrating,
Maybe burn out even if do not relax and take proper breaks and pursue other interests too.
Think most players go through phases of getting fed up with poker it is natural especially when you have been playing for years and years it gets repetitive maybe play different formats or mix in some Omaha or something to keep it interesting good luck.

Izzeee

Izzeee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, that's when it's time to take a break and do other enjoyable things in life.

F

FlushKings311

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

Not yet. Playing the tables is how I end my day. Period

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
then poker is not for you, you are right just enjoy poker for entertainment and play freerolls, don't play your own money or else you are just wasting it because you don't have deep passion

personally, i kept trying to improve my skill and trying to achieve my only dream in poker to win the Sunday Million and to advertise please check out my staking thread

Selling 10% of $109 Sunday Million $1M GTD for fun rail

K

KITAYAWA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, of course, I also experienced similar feelings - annoyance, disappointment and fatigue after a series of failures. You start to think about whether I should play? but these conditions usually go away after a week:rolleyes:

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

I'm a bit tired and the stress puts me in automatic mode sometimes, but I keep playing, I really want to grow in this and not lose heart.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There have been times i just took a break since it was just bad run after bad beat etc etc, took a time off cameback started winning then same thing happend, so it's good if you see that you dont have a passion for it to take a break and comeback to it in a few months, helps you a lot and playing while you don't enjoy it isn't gonna work out

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My friend, it's happened and sometimes it happens to me, especially when I'm playing Freeroll with many players, sometimes I lose my patience and soon after my concentration, and I end up doing something stupid, going to the fatal move Allin, and I'm going to watch a series or movie . sometimes I return for another game, the love of poker is impressive

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
You cant lose something you never had therefore ...

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well, like everything in life if you lost your interest in the game do other things, our mental health is more important than anything else, if it is sucking your joy of life, just quit it.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many break ups and patch ups..
Break ups when on prolonged downswing..

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In my case, I look at poker through the prism of opportunity, poker is a hobby for me, I play when I have a desire, so it is important to define clear goals for myself.

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, in the eighties after my brother scammed my stake from me and my son committed suicide. Pretty much lost my heart in everything for a good many years.

Top 10 Games