Have You Ever Busted Your Life Roll at Poker?

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
have it a lot when im the most tired i run the best...

and then after the tourney is done im not that tired anymore!

i try to not reg after like 9/10pm into a new tourney unless its turbo/hyper or not many players in the game

dont want to play a long tourney and be there till 8am unless

its a decent tournament worth playing for the money!

so 1.10 for 10$ and being there for 10+ hours and with a 11$ special tournament getting 200$ is something way better!

time is money! but without decent sleep money cant be made ;)

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually start to play at about 11:00 AM and I stop at the end of the afternoon, except when CC freerolls are scheduled in the evening.
Normally my evening is reserved for my family life.
And on saturdays and sundays I don't play except some rare freerolls

L

louis627

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play after being up for a couple of hours and only 1 tournament.
This gives me the time to wake up properly and get poker out of my mine before I go to bed.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Those are very good suggestions for keeping your mind and body in a regular routine. The difficulty getting to sleep after hours of playing poker is that it is mainly "mental" work as opposed to "physical" work. With the former you need to relax your mind before you can get to sleep, while with the latter your body is exhausted from the work and demands sleep. :)

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If I could I would play 24/7. Some adiction...

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sleeping tips for poker players

I know that poker players often complain about having trouble sleeping. I can't sleep after a long day of tournaments. Most people don't get enough sleep, but poker players in particular struggle to get the 7-9 hours a day they need. So today I wanted to share what I think are some of the 7 most practical tips.

1. Go to sleep and get up at the same time every day.

2. Have a relaxation routine.

3. Make your room cooler than the other rooms.

4. If you can't sleep, get up and do something. for example, clean your room.

5. Don't drink alcohol, don't drink coffee, don't drink drugs. They will make you dependent and will not help you at all.

6. Set your limits, how many hours you play a day.

7. Enjoy sleeping, that is, love the world of your dreams as a second life.

I made this publication because yesterday I woke up playing poker, I played for about 14 hours, and I felt very bad when I went to sleep, it cost me a lot to get back to sleep and it was not profitable at all, I wonder if the same thing happens to you?

I've spent 18 hours playing.
And I never had any problems with sleep.

Nowadays I feel uncomfortable keeping pace, as I don't try to minimize sleep and stay awake.

And with that my income drops a lot, making me choose to play games during the day.

But if you need it, it's nothing more than a quick meditation exercise to "calm" your mind before going to sleep.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I did not this morning, but thought about it. Yard work first.

B

BOMDEBLEF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play 7 hours a day, when I feel tired, it's time to hang up

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happened that I spent the whole morning playing poker, but this happened quite rarely and only when I had a weekend and had no other business. Thank you for such advice, I have known sleep problems since childhood and before I started playing poker, now everything is working out.

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it was, the tournament went on for a sufficient time about 12 hours, that's how it happened) ahahah he just did not go alone, but a couple of tournaments ...

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Я ніколи не граю в покер, якщо відчуваю втому. Я граю лише тоді, коли маю вільний час і гарний настрій, і завдяки цьому гра завжди приносить мені задоволення.

You are doing everything right, I hope you have good results. And I also know all this, but I do not always restrain myself and sometimes I can sit down to play tired or in a bad mood and then ..... everything ends very sadly.