Have You Ever Busted Your Life Roll at Poker?

gatobalza15

gatobalza15

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sleeping tips for poker players

I know that poker players often complain about having trouble sleeping. I can't sleep after a long day of tournaments. Most people don't get enough sleep, but poker players in particular struggle to get the 7-9 hours a day they need. So today I wanted to share what I think are some of the 7 most practical tips.

1. Go to sleep and get up at the same time every day.

2. Have a relaxation routine.

3. Make your room cooler than the other rooms.

4. If you can't sleep, get up and do something. for example, clean your room.

5. Don't drink alcohol, don't drink coffee, don't drink drugs. They will make you dependent and will not help you at all.

6. Set your limits, how many hours you play a day.

7. Enjoy sleeping, that is, love the world of your dreams as a second life.

I made this publication because yesterday I woke up playing poker, I played for about 14 hours, and I felt very bad when I went to sleep, it cost me a lot to get back to sleep and it was not profitable at all, I wonder if the same thing happens to you?

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
To answer your question directly I don't play poker in the morning. I always start playing after lunch. I don't register for any new mtt's after 9pm it will be 8pm when the clock goes back for dst.

Some good tips you have posted. Sleep is vital for staying healthy and being able to give it your all not only at the poker table but in life in general. For me falling asleep is all about having a routine.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I know that poker players often complain about having trouble sleeping. I can't sleep after a long day of tournaments. Most people don't get enough sleep, but poker players in particular struggle to get the 7-9 hours a day they need. So today I wanted to share what I think are some of the 7 most practical tips.

5. Don't drink alcohol, don't drink coffee, don't drink drugs. They will make you dependent and will not help you at all.

I made this publication because yesterday I woke up playing poker, I played for about 14 hours, and I felt very bad when I went to sleep, it cost me a lot to get back to sleep and it was not profitable at all, I wonder if the same thing happens to you?

Reading through this I fell asleep. Making an addition to this list.

8. Print this out and keep on the night stand. Read as though you were counting sheep. For those times you can't fall back to sleep.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I pretty well have a daily routine that I adhere to. At around 11:00am, I set out a schedule for myself, and play most of the afternoon.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never play poker if I feel tired. I play only when I have free time and a good mood, and thanks to this the game always brings me pleasure.

davidkimtai89

davidkimtai89

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is also like a job , we play many hours a day , but how to play effectively ? can it be wasted us time ? i do not have experience yet , but i think we should play 1 tuornament per day , play a lot of tournament per day will be not good , unless that men is a passion people .

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I play in the evening and for this reason I get tired and sleep soundly

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!I can't sleep for a long time if I lost a lot of hands and made a lot of mistakes.I blame myself and I can't sleep because of it.And if I went the way of the winner, then if I touch the pillow, I immediately fall asleep snoring with pleasure).

R

Ramdes010

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play evening and night. In the morning i sleep very well.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This already happened with me too, I notice that when I’m tired I just want to finish the hands fast and ended up making bad plays. I also have problems to sleep after many hours playing poker, that’s why I try to stop to play poker at least 1 hour before my sleep time.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good list, but I usually don't have trouble sleeping. Funny was the thread title: "did you spend all morning playing poker?" to which my answer is probably:

"no."

"Did you sleep in all morning because you were up all night playing poker?"

[sheepishly] "yes."

M

Madragalahad

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I guess it depends on a few factors. Available time and personality type being the most important. Most people need routines: without concrete structures they make obvious mistakes, like playing when they're tired, or starting a new MTT immediately after finishing well in another without thinking about whether they're likely to continue to play well for another four to six hours.

Most of us get a buzz from a decent win; and sometimes you're just playing well and you want to keep going. Occasionally I can't sleep after a late finishing tourney anyway - when that happens, if I still want to play, I'll play S&Gs or 3-handed twisters/spins for a while. If I don't want to play but I can't sleep there are plenty of other things to do. Some days your luck seems all bad: that's when I've learned to stop - at least for the rest of that day, unless there are games in my calendar that I wouldn't want to miss (e.g. league games).

If it helps you to make rules for yourself, then most of yours seem reasonable. Except for coffee, especially in the second and third hours of big games. And, for me, alcohol (in moderation), particularly at key stages of long tourneys, such as approaching the bubble or the final table. Coffee helps me to keep concentrating - but it doesn't help me wind down after the game's finished. Alcohol is a narcotic, which is partly why I like to drink at the late stages of games, especially if I want to sleep soon afterwards. Dependency usually only happens if you make these things part of your daily routine and consume excessive amounts.

But whatever works for you is fine. If it isn't working, try something else. Fourteen hours straight playing poker is probably too much anyway. I used to do that (and more!) when I first started playing online. But back then I was playing to learn as much as playing to win. A question to ask yourself might be, "Am I intending to make a living from poker, and if so, how many hours a week do I want to work?" If you decide instead that poker is just a hobby, then devote enough time to it to keep it fun without letting it become an obsession - or a chore. There's more to life than poker - we're all playing more at the moment because of covid lockdown restrictions. I'm definitely taking a break once they're over. Almost definitely....

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
All morning eh? Nah in the morning there aint even enough (decent) tournaments to play lol ... Although i do "play" some 888 early freerolls if they have them ofcourse and there is this one freeroll in unibet which starts like 09:00 for me every day which i also try to play whenever i manage to wake up prior to the game lol ...

B

bobor19871987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bobor19871987

I play poker all day:):):)

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have no problems sleeping. I like to play poker in the evenings, sometimes at night. My main job allows me to determine for myself when to work and so I always find time to get a good night's sleep.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello community I usually play late part of the night ,,, in the morning I do not play ...:D

JOSEALBERTV

JOSEALBERTV

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't really like playing poker in the morning, and I generally don't try to sign up for a tournament after 8pm either, since that would throw my sleep out of control, I usually try to get at least 7 hours of sleep.

HeshamTwix

HeshamTwix

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
EG
Chips
In the morning i spend my time by learning programming languages, at the night time i play some poker tournaments, you must have a bit time management. so you can do whatever you want without pressure.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Thanks to daily meditation, I always feel great and have never had trouble sleeping. I meditate twice a day for 15-20 minutes and thanks to this, I enjoy a wonderful and balanced life for many years.

Frenzeco

Frenzeco

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not really. i first do all my cleaning. but to start my day I must play at least one tournament