Have you ever had a panic attack in the middle of a poker session?

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone, this time I would like to know what you think about panic attacks in poker.
Personally I have never had that experience. But they have said that when a person has this disorder, he feels a numbness of the muscles at the time of the attack. And there comes a point where it is difficult to move the arms normally, since they are super contracted.
Imagine that you are playing for real money and suddenly you can't press the buttons correctly! I suppose that part of the click errors that occur, could be due to these alterations.
I have also read that anxiety could turn into panic, so a correct way to avoid panic is by reducing the level of anxiety.
Regarding this topic, feel free to comment what you want. Thank you!

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never had panic attacks, while playing poker. If I did, I would quit.

I have had anticipation attacks, when I have the nuts, and a whole bunch of people stay in.

I do have minor anxiety attacks, once in a while, and always in the middle of the night.
I can recognise them when they are coming on, so I get up, and watch tv, so and then the distraction takes it away.

kisjanik24

kisjanik24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello

I have never had a panic attack, thank God, but on the other hand, when I get excited so that I pass out: D not to mention nervousness (river)

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never had a symptom like that, but it must be awful, especially if the player is doing well in the tournament.

G

glebchekotin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never had a panic attack, but if it happens you need to stop playing and chill

sara maria

sara maria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I have never had that fear, but what I just saw is that you have a serious health problem, that same problem had a 54-year-old acquaintance, and he was seen by a neurologist, and what they told him is that he had An old scare, since the man when he was young operated a backhoe and had had an accident where he almost lost his life and due to that bad experience in his youth, at the age of 54 he had these attacks and he had difficulty walking, dragging the feet, they gave him some pills for 3 days and the man was completely cured, maybe you friend a medical check-up with a neurologist, your problem may be mild. greetings and good luck :)

manuela2910

manuela2910

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone, this time I would like to know what you think about panic attacks in poker.
Personally I have never had that experience. But they have said that when a person has this disorder, he feels a numbness of the muscles at the time of the attack. And there comes a point where it is difficult to move the arms normally, since they are super contracted.
Imagine that you are playing for real money and suddenly you can't press the buttons correctly! I suppose that part of the click errors that occur, could be due to these alterations.
I have also read that anxiety could turn into panic, so a correct way to avoid panic is by reducing the level of anxiety.

No, I have never had that fear... stop playing and chill...

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I already had a couple of anxiety crisis. I didn’t had any of the symptoms you mentioned, I had tachycardia and shortness of breath, but any of my crisis was related to poker.

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:cool: no, never thanks to GOD, not for now despite the fact that sometimes they attack the nerves a little, hehehehehe sometimes happens, but not to those extremes.

If you lose, don't bother, understand that you gave your best ...

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
To be honest, I've never heard of any kind of panic fear while playing poker. But all people are different and in life everything happens !!!

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello, I have never felt any of the symptoms you described, if so I think I would leave poker ;), what I have come to feel is nerves, sweating or tachycardia when I am close to winning a tournament or a cash hand that involves more money than what I am used to playing :D

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not suffer from this and I strongly advise those who sometimes experience this state in stressful situations, and even just for no reason, to seek help from a doctor, because this is a really dangerous thing that needs to be worked out and it is very difficult to cope with it yourself. This has never happened to me in poker.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I have never experienced such panic attacks. Usually poker brings me only positive emotions. I think that such attacks can be inherent in people who do not follow the system of bankroll management and play for money that they can not afford to spend.
Good luck.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had the same condition, but not for long. Increased anxiety, unlike panic attacks, is associated with various events and activities: business, school, health, and so on. At the same time, the feeling of fear, muscle tension, sweating, tremors, abdominal discomfort, fear of an accident or illness is disturbing. Experiences of emotions are unpleasant, but they do not reach the point of panic.
Panic attacks are characterized by the fact that they occur for no apparent reason. Sometimes even in a dream. Moreover, it is interesting that at night panic attacks, according to observations, occur in strong-willed people, because during the day a person keeps within himself all the stresses and emotions, controlling his autonomic reactions, and at night, when he stops. controlling consciousness, he suddenly develops panic attacks.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Panic attack ?!? Probably not although there have been moments where you wish you'd turn into Rage Monster lol ...

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I have panic attacks when the application lags or the Internet is cut off. There are difficult decisions to take the optimal action, but the panic attacks that you described do not happen, in this case: either stop playing the game, or make more attempts to overcome this ailment.

B

bioman420

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Throughout my journey, I have always tried to maintain my posture and swallow crying, and do my best not to be psychologically shaken.

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had one at a final table playing for hundreds of pounds, kept it together but was hard.

B

bobor19871987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bobor19871987

I've never had panic attacks while playing poker. I almost get nervous:):):)

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Panic attack??? In poker??? I do not think someone who has panic attacks time by time will play poker...

You should ask about anger attacks, much more common, just search for videos what nuts the online poker players can go... if you did not watch those kind of videos before, make me laugh, and prove it, I do not handle it the worst...

M

maroca06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hahahaha. The only thing that annoys me is when I am playing I have a great game and my internet goes down. It gives me an attack. Hahahahaha