Have you ever had a panic attack in the middle of a poker session?

G

GORA1979

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
panic attacks during session

Yes, of course, especially when moving after moving and everything is from below !!!

L

LOKIE77

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No just an adrenaline rush and lots of highs and lows.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to have a nervous condition a long time ago. At this moment, I could accidentally increase the bet, and I have 2 and 7. The opponent accepts, I still increase, but I have nothing. He's taking me yet even though I don't have anything. And he resets and this is the best moment to calm down. There has never been such a strong panic attack that my hands cramped. I don't like when nerves appear. Therefore, I am ready for defeat and I am not particularly upset. Recently, this has not happened anymore and I treat what is happening at the table calmly and in a cold-blooded way. And I recommend it to you, because poker is just a game...

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

Huh? No, I've never had a panic attack. My wife has them. I must be a calm person. I've gotten a little anxious during a big hand before. Brought the heart rate a little.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker gives me only pleasure. I never felt panic or fear, just a pleasant euphoria. I follow bankroll management and therefore I have nothing to panic or fear.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No but sometimes my blood pressure gets high

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never had panic attacks, but I fell asleep at the computer several times)

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I cn't say that I have had a panic attack during my games. I really enjoy playing my games so no panic attack for me.

Beatlebug

A

Acadien07

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only when I'm registering!

Sometime when I'm trying to register for tournaments and only a few minutes left before it starts and can't find the password or how to get a thicket I will kind a panic a little bit or frustrate !But never panic in a game!:cool:

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've already lost some tournaments that I left to register at the last minute. something always goes wrong. It really is frustrating.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not a panic attack as such but i had a major disconnection at the worst time on a big final table online a few years back costing me about 27k in blinds - managed to get it resolved and then took down the tourney for a cool 12k!

Was i stressing? Hell yes...

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I don't worry about down streaks. I understand that they happen to everyone and happen from time to time. I don't tear shirts while playing

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
There is treatment for panic attacks. Do you only have them during play sessions or in everyday life? Good health!

AlexsandrM36

AlexsandrM36

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello !
To be honest, I don't remember ever having symptoms of panic attacks. This is already too much for ordinary poker games, even for money.
If someone is experiencing these symptoms, then it is probably necessary to stop playing poker and learn less gambling :D. For example, solve crossword puzzles and puzzles :D:D:D.
Good luck to everyone in the game!!!

001Jaguar

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I never experienced this but I have friends that has panic attack it’s dangerous if that’s happen to you often on the poker table maybe you will
Need to go check with doctor it might be dangerous

bertaS1234

bertaS1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn’t have fear when I lost a lot of money, and it was far from my salary, but I managed and won back a little

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I do have panic/anxiety issues in every day life but I find playing poker is a good distraction that helps me have a different focus away from my panic. I do find playing is mentally exhausting which has helped me sleep better after a really good game. Generally, for panic attacks, I belly breathe where I fill my stomach good and full with slow inhales and exhales. Often during stress I notice I'm breathing too shallow so some belly breaths help me breath deeper.

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I just play drunk poker. no panic, sometimes I just fall asleep at the game.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I first started playing, this happened due to the fact that I could not win, but it's good that I managed to get rid of this thanks to work on myself.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I get angry when bad cards are dealt, but I don't allow tilt

jrgum25

jrgum25

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone, this time I would like to know what you think about panic attacks in poker.
Personally I have never had that experience. But they have said that when a person has this disorder, he feels a numbness of the muscles at the time of the attack. And there comes a point where it is difficult to move the arms normally, since they are super contracted.
Imagine that you are playing for real money and suddenly you can't press the buttons correctly! I suppose that part of the click errors that occur, could be due to these alterations.
I have also read that anxiety could turn into panic, so a correct way to avoid panic is by reducing the level of anxiety.
Regarding this topic, feel free to comment what you want. Thank you!

I get nervous when playing but I don't suffer from panic attacks. Usually the nervousness hits when I'm involved in a hand and it could mean my tournament life or losing a big pot in a cash game.

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh, yeah, but I'm diagnosed with GAD & PAs .. so it's not because of poker, lol.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
No. I was excited, but not a PANIC.