Have you considered not playing poker?

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not intend to quit playing poker soon. In fact i have the opposite problem sometimes - i want to play but i have other things to do. Too much things to do and too little free time. :)

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing in 2003 and had stopped playing in 2007. I was taking vicious stretches of variance. Little did I know a lot of that could've been avoided. I played like if I was ahead in the hand but behind on the odds I'd just jam every time. So I stopped. Occasionally I'd play but nothing to serious. I resurfaced in October and I'm researching as much as possible and playing a often as I can to become the player I felt I could always become. Youth and arrogance kept me from educating myself now I don't plan on ever walking away

S

shurikataman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I take a week off when there are terrible moves.And then come back.

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everyone has this moment, I had yesterday when I lost 3 tournaments in which I was in a good position with KK, but it passes, I play because I like but I have a feeling that losing with the best card is part of the game. Business and move on and open another tournament

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never thought about stopping just wish it had been about when I was younger.

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always think about taking a break from the game or even quit the game but still play.

J

Jenya Zemlyanukhin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker brings me pleasure. So I did not think about quitting the game. But if something bothers you, it's better to quit for a while. A little time will pass and perhaps the desire to play will return. There is my opinion

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I interrupted the game ... I did not play for two years ...))
Now I'm playing for fun ...)))

:burnout:

otzme

otzme

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I as a recreational player have no problem in stopping, I have not played for a long time, but I know that there are people who are addicted and probably should have many problems in stopping, I believe that if you get to that point, it is better to seek help, because tendency is just having problems with the game

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have no reason to quit playing poker i like it and i earn some money. i´m actually playing less hour and shorter games, i have a life... i know that spending more hours playing slow tournaments can be profitable but im not going to kill the rest of my interest just to earn more money. i don't sell my freedom.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of times when I'm playing and I get my stack chopped or I get knocked out of a tournament on the river, I think to myself "what a bunch of crock!", "I should stop playing this s@$t!" But then the next hand or game starts and it's "shuffle up and deal"

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I already thought but as i do not give up easy i will continue playing until i win several tournament.

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have considered not playing online poker after one or two online poker rooms literally stole my money,but there are still safe and trustworthy online poker rooms,so I'm still playing.

copycutpaste

copycutpaste

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would die without poker...period

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QUIT POKER

I have no desire to stop playing because even have besides I make income targets very happy to play poker tournaments of large fields is very engaging new opponents and you adapt to new gamblers always very dynamic both online and in live poker is fun and very ludico
What we need is to have discipline to play well and evolve in the game

:jd4:mateuspoker

Yonip17

Yonip17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah... in times I always loss I always say I stop playing poker. But I dont know why its to hard to get away from this game. Maybe because it was to much fun and exciting...

Slav4obaby

Slav4obaby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I considered many times to quit poker but just i can't stop play poker all day all night :D

mariuspoker1

mariuspoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How often would you like to quit playing poker, but could not?
I ussualy thought to quit playing poker after i lost quite a lot money😝 or when i'm pissed off because i lost with good cards against shity cards 😝😂 but are only temporary thoughts 😂😂😂.I believe poker has the same effect as a drug has on people so it's pretty hard to quit playing 😜.

Clowntown

Clowntown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As mainly a tournament player I often run really deep in a tournament just to take a bad beat and get knocked out right before the final table. It feels horrible and almost like a complete waste of time, but something keeps me coming back to poker. I guess it's because when I do get a final table and get a nice payout the feeling is just great.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No

No, I haven't wanted or considered ever giving up poker.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes i quit a few weeks, then i come back,