Have poker taught you any lesson for life?

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dealing with and recovering from failure.

A bad beat or whatever...

Chin up - focus on next hand - where do I need to be and how do I get there?

Good luck !

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker teaches you about patience, discipline and to analyze situations before taking decisions. It also helps you to better control your emotions and cope with loosing streaks. All of this is in fact very useful in real life also.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker has helped me learn patience. It also teaches me to expect the unexpected. Also that everything has odds of happening or not happening.

P

Pwohar43

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t think table chat is as much threatening as it is harassing, the river is very frustrating

rafikjan

rafikjan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the first thing that taught and taught me poker is to think with your head. be patient. constantly learn to achieve the goal

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
After several years playing poker, I became more patient both in the game and in my personal life.
Good luck.

A

Abubakarovich

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker taught me not to risk it in vain, or lose everything.

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have learned a lot of things in poker I can apply in the general life. About patience, about everything being better making best choices... what about you?

He taught me to understand my son. In Poker began to play because of his son, who is a real gamer! To understand why he is so busy with the game, I decided to try it myself! So he taught me poker. Now you can talk with your son - about poker! However, I realized that you must be a very strong person, so that your whole life does not turn into a solid POKER!
Suggest a Corrigendum:icon_flow:tomato:

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker allows you to quickly learn and develop your personal qualities. Everyone who studies poker theory, at the same time, goes through mathematics, psychology and logic.

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker allows you to quickly learn and develop your personal qualities. Everyone who studies poker theory, at the same time, goes through mathematics, psychology and logic.

I agree with you. I'm a mathematics teacher, so psychology and probability theory are very familiar. Maybe that's why I'm so interested in poker. We can not ignore luck - she does not always smile in the game ... But even the loss has its positive sides.:star:

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to have patience more control and understand the behaviors sometimes we lose our hand for variance and lose control and sign a player and we want to go to all to recover what we took off and we ended up losing more
:elefant:

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yes, learning how to wait for things. Like waiting for a good staring hand.

Pocketks21

Pocketks21

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, be humble. Patience is key. Mental focus on what's going on around you. It's not gambling if your making smart calculated moves and know when to hold and fold.

B

Barbarik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am! I'm a calm person myself, but poker has made me even more diligent. We can sit for hours with friends at the game and I'm not a bit tired, although before it was a torment for me - I was quickly bored that everything is repeated, distribution after distribution. But then I realized that I had to play with my head and completely immerse myself in the process, now I think over more moves to pick up more pot:icon_tong

Yes, be humble. Patience is key. Mental focus on what's going on around you. It's not gambling if your making smart calculated moves and know when to hold and fold.
Right words. I'm talking about the same thing, perseverance decides a lot in poker.:icon_rabb

Last edited by a moderator: