staytrue001

staytrue001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
How much money do you need to be happy? Is it possible to earn this amount playing poker?

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
How much money do you need to be happy? Is it possible to earn this amount playing poker?
money doesn't make you happy , just able to live care free from a financial point of view.
these pros seem rarely happy despite the millions they've earned :)

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Lol ! If certain amount of money can make someone happy, than a greater amount would make him happier and so on. In most cases, it'll keep going endlessly.
As a matter of fact, happiness is actually free. It has nothing to do with money.
As to your second question, you know that a lot of people made, and still making a lot of money playing poker. So of course it is possible to make a decent amount to be "happy" with for a certain "amount" of time...
How much do you have in mind ? 😅😅

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It depends on several things, such as: your technical level, the abi you play, how many games you play per month. A person has to love poker a lot and be very hungry for success in order to achieve success in poker, because the path there is very difficult, you have to give up many things, and have a lot of discipline and focus, your psychological part too it has to be very strong because sometimes poker is very painful because of the downswing. Here is a bit of my experience as a player, I hope it helped.;)

valen.bs.95

valen.bs.95

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
There is an element of luck in poker, so you might just get lucky) But without the right skills, this is a very low chance

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You don't need money to be happy. And yes, you could make money in poker to be financially stable.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, there is never a lot of money, the more of it, the greater the needs. In my opinion, it is possible to live modestly alone in Belarus with a salary of $ 400-700, depending on the region and the availability of your own housing. I can't make that kind of money in poker.😭

78mariusz

78mariusz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I were to expect that winning in poker would give me happiness then I guess I would have to walk around sad for the rest of my life :D
Money is an acquired thing and happiness cannot be measured by this.

staytrue001

staytrue001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Money does not make you happy, only the opportunity to live carefree from a financial point of view.
these professionals rarely seem happy despite the millions they have earned:)
Usually, people who have earned money for dozens of generations ahead say so, but do not forget about people who balance on the verge of survival, so I had this question

staytrue001

staytrue001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Lol! If a certain amount of money can make someone happy, then a larger amount will make him happier and so on. In most cases, this will last indefinitely.
Strictly speaking, happiness is actually free. It has nothing to do with money.
As for your second question, you know that a lot of people have earned and are still making a lot of money playing poker. So, of course, you can earn a decent amount to be “satisfied” for a certain “amount” of time...
How much do you mean? 😅😅
It is impossible to be happy when you are concerned about financial problems. I understand that you need to appreciate what you have, but it is impossible to be happy when there is no financial stability, let alone prosperity. At this point, I would be happy with an additional poker income of even $200-$300 per month

staytrue001

staytrue001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You are right, money can make a person happy, especially big money
So I did this survey, because the concept of “big money” is different for each person, for someone 2500 dollars a month is the minimum wage, and for some it is a dream salary, and someone even survives for 200 dollars.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How much money need for happiness?!. Happiness is exactly not in money, but money is necessary... And here is all individually!
And second, in Poker possibly to earn money, in this case is all individually too!

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So I did this survey, because the concept of “big money” is different for each person, for someone 2500 dollars a month is the minimum wage, and for some it is a dream salary, and someone even survives for 200 dollars.
it depends on the place of residence, to a greater extent, I meant the very fact that money can make a person happy

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In truth only few poker players will change their lifes playing. Thats what i think. You need to trully analyze yourself asking if you are good enough, profitable enough, if you are evolving on poker, learning new stuffs, playing good tournaments, if you have time to do it, if you are ready for losses, etc.

Highfish

Highfish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
On a very hot day, it makes me happy to drink a nice cold beer. So every time I win a big pot at NL 2 I´m a happy customer. :cool:

W

wpawelwster

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no matter how much it is still not enough. if I landed in first place in the cardschat freeroll, I would definitely be happy
.Good luck everyone

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think money doesn't make you happy money it's just financial stability I just need to win a couple of tournaments and earn some money to be glad I made some money

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hi
Happiness has no price or alternative. I believe that money is only one of several means that may or may not achieve happiness, but happiness is what gives money a beautiful meaning that helps complete the circumstances to make us happy.
If you take seriously that poker can help you win more money, that is only possible if you will approach the game with discipline and seriousness.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not associate my happiness with money, I would never leave my happiness in the hands of something external, winning money in poker can help you meet certain goals or expectations that you have, being able to give certain pleasures, among other things, will depend on the level of each player and also how much you invest in how much time, money, study, etc. It is very difficult to label or define it in general since each player has different patterns that he follows

Artemloshara

Artemloshara

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
$200 a month from making extra money in poker is enough for me

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Money helps a lot of course, but it does not guarantee happiness. But I think a good amount is a value that ensures your financial independence. For me this value is very difficult to achieve only playing poker (at least in my actual limits). Maybe if one day I can play on higher limits or win a couple of big tournaments.

ODRAGD3

ODRAGD3

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hahaha! If a certain amount of money can make someone happy, then a larger amount would make them happier and so on. In most cases, it will continue unabated.
In fact, happiness really is free. It has nothing to do with money.
As for your second question, you know that a lot of people won and continue to win a lot of money playing poker. So, of course, it's possible to do a decent amount to be “happy” for a certain “amount” of time...
How much do you have in mind? 😅😅
You're absolutely right happiness depends on how satisfied you feel with yourself! If your goal for the day is to win a tournament and you win it, you have that feeling of happiness. If you met a friend and they like each other, it brings you happiness.

JeLeuMic

JeLeuMic

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hmm, it's a complicated question but I think at least 1 million $ will make you pretty happy.