Which hand do you prefer to go all in pre flop with AK or JJ?

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I’m all in against just one player I like JJ more, but if there are three or more of us, then I like AK more.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

I prefer AK oll in the JJ they are to play them passively since it is a medium pair ... greetings

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
JJ

Given my recent experience, I would prefer JJ as I don't do very well with AK.

Schokk

Schokk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you prefer an AK or JJ ? To go all-in preflop!!!
JJ is already 1 pair, while with AK we still need to catch the required card on the table. But if AK is suited then we still have a chance to get a flash combination.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tend to have more luck with AK, but I usually don't go all in preflop with either of those hands.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ

but it depends . if you face a reraise from a nit then your JJ are probably not good

but i dont have much luck with AK . so i take JJ either way

Z

zayzay1984

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Jiggadys

Give me the AK especially since 1 or more players might call Jacks cant beat all tjose hands but AK is live

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think in my experience, both are good hands but you have to be very careful with them, they are really deceptive hands, sometimes you are advanced in a tournament and you get carried away by this beautiful pair and it can be your last play, which one I prefer, AK , JJ in fact sometimes I vote of punishment in certain tournaments and every time I fold, unless no one is clear about this, I make a 3 bet there, but on very rare occasions. Regards.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Jacks are a made hand and Ak is drawing to any pair. I will take jacks every time if we are all in over AK

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If the situation is good for an all-in, fore example in a turbo mtt late stages, where the blinds are high, and bluffing a lot, then it also depends from the opponents. If they are tight or passive I would play all in with the JJ, but if they are aggresive I would prefer the AK.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always would rather have the best hand but I haven't had much luck with JJ. It would be nice to always have whichever one wins.

D

David Gibson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the look of A K, but it tends to turn out to be a false sense of security and I lose my butt most times. Great potential for a strong push. The J J is a made hand and feels safe. But again it can be a false sense of security if you are out of position when playing it.
I really think it would depend on your table. Is it a high stakes table? Is it a loose or tight table? How many fish or maniacs are at the table? Is this a cash or tournament game? If it is a tournament, is this early or late in the game?
In the end it would just depend on the environment at the time. Neither one is better than the other for all situations.

L

Lewis2k9

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you prefer an AK or JJ ? To go all-in preflop!!!

Always has to be JJ just because you already have the pair and hoping for an AK to come up is just a 50/50

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands