Gus Hansen Down 10.4 Million On FTP!

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I doubt he grinded his way up from the micros.
$10 Mio tourney winnings ? So he lost all of his tourney winnings, grats !

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love Gus, he loves me, we are going to start a family :D

On a more serious note, I love Gus, don't diss my gus :D

Dan and Gus are my faves, they are the first two poker players I ever watched on sky. One day I plan to play on the same table as them. Obviously no-one knows what his bankroll is, but I assume if he loses that much and not be bothered about it, then its obvious to say that is like small change to him.

:) those are the two most commercialized persons in poker, i think most people like both of them, they truly know how to sell themselves and survive as a pro poker player, big props to them for that

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
:) those are the two most commercialized persons in poker, i think most people like both of them, they truly know how to sell themselves and survive as a pro poker player, big props to them for that

Very true :)

scorpion1367

scorpion1367

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that is the world of high stakes poker,they win and lose mind boggling amounts of money from day to day and week to week ...etc. I once heard Daniel Negraneau in an interview say the most he lost in one day was 400 thousand and won it all back the next day......scorp

scorpion1367

scorpion1367

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I totally agree bankroll management is key to not going broke.The pros just have massive bankrolls and sponsorship.....scorp

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10 million I think is nothing for Gus although invested properly that's amount put in the bank will receive a nice ROI I've watched Gus on T.V. and he's good at what does

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10 million I think is nothing for Gus although invested properly that's amount put in the bank will receive a nice ROI I've watched Gus on T.V. and he's good at what does

I think its a lot even to him but the thing is he is a long term loser of 10.4 million, it's not like he has lost it in one day, if he did i think for sure that would be a huge blow, with all the highs and lows, he probably hasn't lost that much money, since he had to have won some over that time, still though he is a marketing machine, i don't respect his skills but his ability to be a bad poker player and surivive out there, its possible folks :) maybe thats why full tilt sponsors him to give people hope that even if you are a bad player you can be like gus lol

L

Loki

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dude, what are you talking about? Do you know what kind of stakes gus hansen plays in? I don´t remember right now what the highest for holdem or omaha is over on full tilt, but if it were 500/1000, thats a 1m buyin right there. Have you ever had a 2 week bad streak? Well that happens to everyone. And in those big stacks your hardley ever gonna find a donk, so luck turns out to be a bigger factor then you think. How did he lose 10m? By going on a bad streak and losing, but look at how much he won, how much he lost, subtract one from the other and youll see what makes him a different player than you. ... I dislike these type of questions because there is no real answer to them. They are just exclamations of someone who doesñ´t understand the game and wants to sture the crowd.

F

FinalsTv

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow... he musta have gotten very rich from FTP # 1.

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dude, what are you talking about? Do you know what kind of stakes gus hansen plays in? I don´t remember right now what the highest for holdem or omaha is over on full tilt, but if it were 500/1000, thats a 1m buyin right there. Have you ever had a 2 week bad streak? Well that happens to everyone. And in those big stacks your hardley ever gonna find a donk, so luck turns out to be a bigger factor then you think. How did he lose 10m? By going on a bad streak and losing, but look at how much he won, how much he lost, subtract one from the other and youll see what makes him a different player than you. ... I dislike these type of questions because there is no real answer to them. They are just exclamations of someone who doesñ´t understand the game and wants to sture the crowd.

good grammar you should get an award, nice excuse you give to gus that since he plays good players that having a 2 week losing streak and losing 10+ million and being a long term loser is just eh whatever, im not talking about his live game he has won tournaments and his results there are better than online, and what makes him different from me is i do not have full tilt money to go blow at the high stakes and if i did who knows how i would do, certaintly there are long term winners even at those stakes, so why isn't gus, i will tell you why because he is not as good as the other high stakes online pros, look at dan cates results on full tilt, he plays high stakes yet somehow his results are much better than gus's :) and how do i not understand the game? i simply dislike gus and that is my opinion not yours, i don't look up to players like him

D

don1980

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gus Hansen

How did you find out about Gus Hansen being down over 10 million on FTP.

J

jimmylytle2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would be nice to receive the rake he generates.

U

UKGreyhound

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember reading some time ago that Gus had gone broke around 6 times and each time had been back in business within a few days, having been backed by someone mega rich and often by other players. The reason they back him is they know they have a chance to make a quick buck or 1m and are prepared to take that chance.

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember reading some time ago that Gus had gone broke around 6 times and each time had been back in business within a few days, having been backed by someone mega rich and often by other players. The reason they back him is they know they have a chance to make a quick buck or 1m and are prepared to take that chance.

I would never stake that donkey

donkey-gus.jpg

J

jach24

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in the poker somethimes win and sometimes losses so is poker but the problem when you loose all you money is the big ambition sometimes and think than you can recover you money when you loose pass with the mormal players and the pro the poker is a mental game so play it when you think than all its good in you mind if not you go to loose too much money,be careful and you go win,be a dangerous player and you go to loose all you money so is poker..

P

PlayedYou73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He sounds like he's another Erick Lindgren. When these guys lost their ridiculously high paying monthly cheques from FTP, their ability to recover from downswings like this certainly evaporated. I doubt he's getting the rich deal from the 'new' FTP that he had before.

P

pokerfreak56

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you study the graph on show isee he somehow clawed back 6 mill just before was closed down,then as soon as it starts up again he loses it again.helluva variance especially for a pro.

P

PlayedYou73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's lost big money and he's won big money, all by playing big money cash and tournament games. He's been very popular because of his wins, his losses, and let's face it...his sex appeal. I don't think that someone is a 'poker pro' just because they win and lose at big money games. If he wasn't bankrolled by the big poker sites for so many years, he wouldn't be that different from any other player.

Dank Hugh

Dank Hugh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How much of the downswing is Gus' own money,
and how much of it was staked by FTP ??

Just something to think about

stevenright

stevenright

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm sure he has a lot of incomes afar from online poker,... i don't think he cares about that number. He probably don't summon his money this way, he gets his money every month apart from losing in fulltilt