GTO vs Exploitative play

duri32

duri32

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys ;)

I wonder what you guys think about GTO. Is it better than exploitative play? Whats are the differences?

I heard that GTO is more for advanced players not for fresh beginners(something like new players should at first learn to play exploitative), Is that true?:confused::confused::confused:

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, GTO and Exploitative play are an integral part of poker. That is, one without the other is not possible. After all, you always need to play close to the GTO.

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whatever style works for you. You can win and lose with both of those strategies.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is always mix. The whole theory behind GTO is to find optimal play against an opponent who also plays GTO. In reality nobody plays pure GTO simply because poker game is still not solved (except for heads up poker). Even the so called GTO bot type of players mix GTO with exploitative play trying to maximize their winnings.

P

plan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys ;)

I wonder what you guys think about GTO. Is it better than exploitative play? Whats are the differences?

I heard that GTO is more for advanced players not for fresh beginners(something like new players should at first learn to play exploitative), Is that true?:confused::confused::confused:
It seems to me that the opposite is true. The GTO is some basic strategies, some kind of templates. And the exploitation of an opponent is a game against his templates, a game on his weaknesses (I think everyone has them). This requires non-standard solutions, an understanding of his game. Maybe I I’m wrong, I’m not strong in theory. I just play. I don’t want to study, I want to get married (joke):D I just finished second at the PARTY, but I should have been first. Teaching is light ..:deal:

C

cowboybebop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel like theres no strategy in poker if you get trash hands. If you are getting premium hands, thats called luck, not strategy.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is important to learn GTO to understand balance, Minimum Defence frequency, card removal and many other things.
Exploitative play is more about finding leaks/imbalances in your opponents game and using it to our advantage.

In the end, the goal is to maximize EV. It doesn't matter if it's done using GTO or Exploitative.

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like theres no strategy in poker if you get trash hands. If you are getting premium hands, thats called luck, not strategy.
So the good strategy is to wait patiently for good luck, as there is no way to avoid luck in poker.

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is like life, knowing the right does not mean the others will allow you to make the right things.

I study both exploitative and GTO, but I play what the field and the cards allows me to play aiming winning what in the major part of the time does not happens.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't hear the same thing as you. But I don't have the answer either, I think someone with more experience on the subject should give an opinion.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I always do the math and relate to GTO as best I can, most of the time. But position, stack size and feel does influence many decision where I think it's exploitive. I do enjoy my game more when I'm feeling it more than calculating it.