Chips
also, love punters. You guys hand me so much $$$ at the poker table. :D

M

matshark

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have this dilemma all of the time, my game suits playing tighter players so i much prefer playing a bit better opponents than donkey fish. But all in all, it has to be better to be playing vs fish than good players even if you can get a lot more bluffs through and read your opponents easier.

R

rugby0

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play with fish. As doyle brunson says in supersystem. Just play tight do not bluff and bet your best hands.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think you will make more money playing a fish, just got to get a hand that will crush them and hope they don't suck out on you

D

DunningKruger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play with fish. As doyle brunson says in supersystem. Just play tight do not bluff and bet your best hands.

I love Doyle and understand how iconic he is, but the worse your competition is in relation to yourself the more hands you can profitably play.

S

stefffan1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like playing against fish at all. They think any hand is good and has to be played and lots of times they are really lucky. But you can earn more money by laying against fish , you just have to play like a pro and you can take all of their money in a second.

D

dble1meup

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
On Bovada there are a lot of fish and from what I've heard that is what makes Bovada good to play on. Yes, a fish can beat you down at times because they will at points go on heaters but that is just variance. People who say they rather play regs over fish just are saying they don't know how to handle variance. I played a fish heads up where I min raised the button every hand. Got called preflop every hand. I always cbet and no matter if the fish hit the flop he would always call because a.) he hit something or b.) he's floating. I just hit the bad side of variance and lost. I played another fish who would bet/raise massive amounts more than 10x almost every hand. I lost the first head to head matchup but then I adjusted and took the next two from him. I just limped the button every hand was my strategy and it worked because when I got a hand he would be pot committed after trying to make me fold with his massive overbet. With fish, its all about adjustments and if you adjust you should be a profitable player. Find them fish and stack'em! Sorry for the long post, but that's my two cents.

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I heard that this is the difference between donks and fish:

Fish won't stop calling.

Donks won't stop betting.

R

RoyWeldon

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i could know how they play ,I d like play more times,anyone.

T

Taszzman41

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Fish

Fish Players are relatively easy money makers ...you may get some bad beat
but in the end you will come out on top....:cool:

T

Taszzman41

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
tight players you can read you just have to grind it out

P

puppy feet

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sure I make way more money playing fish. The variance can be higher, but when you go on a rush you hit the jackpot.

G

GODISTRUTH

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I played a lot of low stakes games and noticed sometimes harder to beat a fish than decent player.At higher stakes get better play and a lot less donk calls.Just my opinion though,Good luck on the felt.

stevenright

stevenright

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as long as you don't tilt, it's better to play fish cause you will eventually get them all in with crap and win all the money they suck out on you. That's why is good to have a good bankroll, keep playing and not tilt