Good cards will sometimes kill your momentum!😢

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
High pair with an overboard is one of the most annoying situations. I have had several times when I have kings and there is an ace on the board. And in most of those cases, unfortunately, I lost because I couldn't fold such a high pair.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never fold a big pair before the flop. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. If luck doesn't help, it's difficult. But I like to take risks. Most of the time I come out victorious in the hand.

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Me have a problem folding big pocket pair especially like pocket Queen before flop ! Got caught by pocket As or King a few times ! How you guys play that hand?🤔🇨🇦
Watch the other players and get a feel for them. I never like calling the big bets, unless with AA or KK. I prefer to make the big bets. Even then I still get caught with an inferior hand before the flop once in a while.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
just variance, part of the game take them out next time

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
You have to play QQ and JJ carefully, but you have to 3-bet with these hands pre-flop to get some informations:
For example if UTG, UTG+1 open the pot and you 3-bet, if he got AA or KK he will 4-bet, unless he is a tricky player and decides to cold call.
On a low board if you are facing a bet, try to raise to get some informations, if he 3-bet, you are in a bad spot and consider folding. If he just call, try to check behind on the turn and take your hand to show down.
In general these are classic cooler situation and you can't avoid them especially in mtts, unless you are ITM near the bubble.

Savantino

Savantino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my experience best thing you can hope withh QQ that your tight opponent has AK if he 4 bets and you both play with big stack.. best play that i figure out for my self is to call 4 bet and at least 1 street, hoping that he has exatly AKand miss the bord, sometimes you get lucky with set, but dont loose the whole stack preflop even versus AK coinfliping.. my view

Last edited: