Good cards will sometimes kill your momentum!😢

A

Acadien07

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Me have a problem folding big pocket pair especially like pocket Queen before flop ! Got caught by pocket As or King a few times ! How you guys play that hand?🤔🇨🇦

M

mikeajax15

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its a standard cooler for like 40bbs.

Most of your tournaments will end like this.
Ak vs qq or aa vs ak etc. It is part of the game. Open an new tournament and start over.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

Even KK becomes a bad hand when A appears on the board, that's why I play depends on how it arrives, of course if A or K appears on the flop, you have to calm down a bit, although you can try to bluff, but that depends on each one.

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Having a made hand like AA or KK against you preflop is not a common situation. The probability that one opponent will have a pair older than 0.98%, and 8 opponents 7.66%. we can conclude that QQ should be played carefully from early positions. As a result, all-in against 1 opponent is a good chance to win. Against 2-3 is already worse. A lot depends on the opponent and his style of play, watch the players and draw conclusions that will help in the game.

044hero

044hero

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any cards can be the end of the tournament journey, but all-in train hardly depends on depth of stacks, if you going all-in with QQ 50-60bb+ and wonder why your tournament life is so short, then you need to educate) Slow-motion journey in MTT's are way better than fast-forward journeys, just because last are often have same fast end) Think about it)

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
an important moment for me is when I receive AA in the tournament, most of the time it is the end of the road for me, unfortunately:)

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's very difficult to give advice, I already went to allinn before the flop, I already paid 60% of my cash, I already won as I lost, but it's more of the day and my intuition, which can be good or bad, make an analysis of your position at the table, whether it's early in the tournament, near the bubble or the final table, and check the risks

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm a little scared to play AA and KK.... I just want to go all-in preflop)

weralomos

weralomos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Me have a problem folding big pocket pair especially like pocket Queen before flop ! Got caught by pocket As or King a few times ! How you guys play that hand?🤔🇨🇦
4-bet:icon_sant

S

scuxbr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when I pick up pocket QQ , JJ , I almost always call the pot to see the flop,
Of course it depends on how many chips I have

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I will never fold pocket kings. I can fold pocket queens if two or more people in front of me went all-in with 100BB+ stacks. In short stacks, this is a common cooler.

testing826

testing826

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes sir big pockets tend to suck out to st8it or flush not fun:mad:

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually, the deeper you come in a tournament, these are the only hands you will see. So I don't understand your question. Worse is if you have the KK or AA hand and a queen or 9TJ show up on the flop.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends of the moment of the tournament, but usually I avoid going all in pre flop with QQ, specially against more than one player in the hand.

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
happens all the time... tilt would be the word, but it is hard folding quality hands like pocket QQ especially when theres an all in preflop ....so theres not much you can do here but to go for a gamble (flip)

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me stage of the tournament is important for hand AK and medium pair. In big tourney with good cash on bubble they easy can be fold if I have medium stack that can pass this bubble, if I have short stack and risk to loose by blinds medium pair will always play. Different story in satellite on bubble, even aces can be folded.

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try not to pay attention to prejudice. AA - premium hand preflop. With kings or queens, seeing an ace on the board is, of course, very disappointing, but in fact it just gives a reason to better analyze the situation. On the tournament bubble, you can fold any hand at all if the stack is big enough.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
they can kill a nice stack fast if you get coolered preflop vs AA or KK ect.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

If you refer to a mtt in which you don't have information about the opponent, don't blame yourself, just a game situation.

Now if you have information that leaves you in doubt about which premium hand he has, you are just overvalued.

Just see what your situation is and work around it.

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I won't hide it, but I'm willing to go all-in with QQ pre-flop at every stage of the tournament. Only AA and KK can win against QQ. I'm just betting none of my opponents have AA or KK. What if someone has them? Nothing happened, it's just a variation and sometimes it will. For example, such AK suited is weaker than QQ.

equity:
QQ - 53,95%
AKs - 46,05%

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
It was supposed to be:

*Only AA and KK are stronger than QQ.

sulzerrt

sulzerrt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be brave and play these hands no matter what will be in result, you cannot going against game

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In a similar situation, I ask my dog - how much is two times two? If the dog wags his tail, I fold the cards. If the dog lies down on the floor and freezes, I raise the bid. If the dog barks, I go all-in. Statistics show that the success rate of solving the problem is within 50%. It seems to me that the percentage of hits is quite good. It's a pity that my wife is against having a cat in the house. And so the percentage of hits would have improved.

M

mikeajax15

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a similar situation, I ask my dog - how much is two times two? If the dog wags his tail, I fold the cards. If the dog lies down on the floor and freezes, I raise the bid. If the dog barks, I go all-in. Statistics show that the success rate of solving the problem is within 50%. It seems to me that the percentage of hits is quite good. It's a pity that my wife is against having a cat in the house. And so the percentage of hits would have improved.
This seems like a solid strategy to me!

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play cautiously , its hard to get away from, but if you study the players and how they play you should get a good read on when they have strong hands and when they are most likely weak