Good bye and good luck all...

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A final goodbye to you all.

I`ve withdrawn my money out of my poker accounts and I`m going to utilize it in other ways.

I`m afraid I`ve come to the conclusion that poker is not the game for me - I`ve read the books on Poker zen, etc, strategy books, etc, but I still can`t get to grips with the fact you can make the correct decision most of the time but still lose!!!

I don`t want this to sound like a bad beat story, it`s not, I just aint got the patience any more to sit hour after hour making the correct calls then being sucked out - simple :) I also want to finish when I`m ahead I`m showing a profit of $244 over the year (about $0.05/ hour lol)

This is more to say thanks to you all for your help and advice - some good people on this site (even the nasty ones are really trying to help :D )

I`m sure I`ll visit this site from time to time to see how you are all getting on and I`m also sure I`ll be back for a game of poker now and again - but not in the foreseeable future.

Good luck all :smile:

Last edited:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good luck - and you will be welcome back anytime!

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks buddy, sorry to see ya go, but it was nice chattin'/playing with ya & GL to you too.

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best of luck to you; hope you dewcide tro come on back someday.

aloevera

aloevera

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry to see you go, but it is more than understandable. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours, and please, yes drop by and let us know how your doing, you will be missed!!

aloe

RammerJammer

RammerJammer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Been there, done that, big guy. I salute your resolve. I have attempted a clean break from poker in the past myself, and successfully maintained it for months at a time. Inevitably, I'm drawn back to the game like a moth to a flame. God help me, I just freakin' love it! If your hiatus is indeed a permanent one, good luck and God speed. If you decide at some point to return, you may find yourself well-refreshed, hungry, and ready to roll. We'll be here.

I will offer this final thought...if your departure is due to an over-zealous involvement with poker which is creating problems for you in other areas of your life, I strongly encourage you to seek out a local chapter of G.A. Not saying that's the case, but if it is, and you are serious about putting our little hobby permanently behind you, there really is no substitute. :icon_thum

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
See you in two weeks (tops).

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for your comments guys...

One or 2 points...
  • No probs at home, my decision Rammer.
  • Definatly not in two weeks DM!!!
I said a while ago that I`m doing an Elvis tribute act. I`m also adding to the `package` a disco service and Karaoke.

I have my first gig next Saturday as Elvis then the following week I`m Elvis on the Thursday, DJ Friday and DJ/ Karaoke on the Saturday!!! On top of all this, I have a wife and 3 kids and I run a £5m turn over recruitment business - so time will not alow for poker.

I`ve been in the recruitment industry for over 20 years and I`m looking to do something different - the withdrawal is funding my kit (PA set up, etc)

I`m sure I`ll be back in future, but as a casual player - the odd game now and again.

To tell the truth, I`ll miss the banter on this site more than the poker!!!

Again, thanks guys :)

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rock on, Ron! Doing Elvis sounds like fun! They have a convention for Elvises every year in Las Vegas, you know. Then your poker skill could come in handy against the other Elvis fish. ;)

RammerJammer

RammerJammer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No probs at home, my decision Rammer.
No assumptions made to the contrary, my friend. Just throwing it on the wall to see what sticks.

Elvis, huh? Now we're talkin'! There's at least three tributes here in my town, including two Elvis theaters and an Elvis museum. If you ever consider an American holiday, this is a beautiful spot here in the Smoky Mountains, and one of the most popular tourist spots in the Eastern US. And you could check out all the hot "TCB" action. First pint's on me. :beerglass

P.S.: Saw The King twice...Memphis '73 and Huntsville, AL '76. Wish I could have been around for the Sun Records tours around the South back in the mid-Fifties. Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash, and young Elvis on the same stage? Wow.

Last edited:
Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Best wishes to you. You've been a good contributor to the forums, and helped spark many interesting discussions. :) I admire you for being able to sit back and say enough's enough.

Now, about these Elvis gigs...are we talking young, hot Elvis or flamboyant 70's Elvis? :p Either way, I'm sure it will be a blast! Any chance of getting some videos of your performances posted?

Take care of yourself, and drop in now and again to let us know how you're getting on.

Wonka22

Wonka22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey man, what a way to go....You're ahead, you're on tilt and shutting down.....wish i could get all my accounts up to 50 bucks i might do it too...LOL

Remember not long ago I won 500 bucks in 6 days...haha I should have left then....Good luck to you.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ron your better then me, I have quit poker like ummmmm ummmmm 3, carry the 1 divide then subtract, wait that time didnt count I had no internet ummm hell I have quit multiple times.

ok stopped playing to finish writing this up, all kidding aside I love the game. I love the thinking aspect of the game. Sure we all get bad beats, today in tourney I was a big stack and had my AA cracked by someone that hit a set on the flop. He shoved and with the dry board I made the call. Yes I was upset more then anything because I could of coasted to the money but I want to go deep not just cash so I make that call everyday with that board. Am I addicted? yea most likely I'am but its ok I dont mind as long as it dont affect my life in a negative way im fine with being addicted.

It sucks to see you go seriously I hate losing players on this site because this site is here to make you a more solid and strong player. When someone quits its like we are not doing our job here at cardschat. I hope you come back because you seem like a solid player but I understand that you have to put priorities 1st. Best of luck.

B

broncos53

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At least you havent lost over all like me :p good luck in w/e you decide to do

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Again, thanks for the comments

Yes I will let u see some of my videos - I`ve got a site but its not up and running yet ukelvis.co.uk - Domain Name Holding Page - Telivo.com

I`ll definatly take u up on the holiday offer if I get the chance Rammer :D

Storm, I will still remain a regular visitor to the site, as I said, I love the crack!!! Its just the poker tables won`t be seeing me much - especially over the near future, and even when I do return it will be very much a now and again visit, not every day for hours at a time !!!

Juicee, it will be a mix. I`m 45 and although I look a bit younger (not me, othersay so !!!) I`ll be offering a mix. It will be either `68 comeback special leather of Vegas Jumpsuits.

Wonka, I`m not on tilt as such!!! I looked at the game, thought that bad beats are unavoidable. My demina means I like more control than poker can offer. Also, the money is better and guarenteed!!! Next Week I will be paid £250 ($500) for being Elvis for an hour at a Company function, £150 ($300) for doing Karaoke/ DJ (4 hours) and £400 ($800) for the Wedding on the Saturday (I am there all day and I have just been asked today if it can be a Karaoke/ DJ set up, sing `Can`t help falling in love` at the wedding and dress up as Elvis for the night time - WOW!!!)
Grand total for the weekend = £800 ($1,600)

It is hard work, not just a question of turning up, I visit a vocal coach once a week, go through my set 3 times a week, etc. Although I have been in a band before its like a new start and I`m really excited!!!

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
good luck to you whatever you decide to do in the future,,, see ya in 1 1/2 months,lol, ;) buck:)

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very best wishes and best of luck to you for the future Mr Ron and hope to see you drop by once in a while.

Good luck to you :)

P

patssoxfan42

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry to hear that

A final goodbye to you all.

I`ve withdrawn my money out of my poker accounts and I`m going to utilize it in other ways.

I`m afraid I`ve come to the conclusion that poker is not the game for me - I`ve read the books on Poker zen, etc, strategy books, etc, but I still can`t get to grips with the fact you can make the correct decision most of the time but still lose!!!

I don`t want this to sound like a bad beat story, it`s not, I just aint got the patience any more to sit hour after hour making the correct calls then being sucked out - simple :) I also want to finish when I`m ahead I`m showing a profit of $244 over the year (about $0.05/ hour lol)

This is more to say thanks to you all for your help and advice - some good people on this site (even the nasty ones are really trying to help :D )

I`m sure I`ll visit this site from time to time to see how you are all getting on and I`m also sure I`ll be back for a game of poker now and again - but not in the foreseeable future.

Good luck all :smile:

I'm a new member here and I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune.Maybe time away will do you some good. I remember when I was playing pool a lot and stopped for a while because I didn't seem to be getting any better that I ended up getting back into it and within a few weeks I was better than ever. Maybe the time off will do the same for you. Good luck in whatever you do. Hope to see you back sometime.:)

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck Ron, it was a pleasure playing with you at that final table the other week and for what it's worth my notes about you peg you as a strong player. That said variance is a bitch and there's no guarentees over anything less than the very long run.

Money from poker is nice, but unless you are enjoying it then of course you are making the right move. Elvis is definately +EV for you.

Of course none of this stops you coming to talk with us when the mood strikes or you have a change of heart.

All the best,

Rex

J

jeffred1111

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck with the Elvis gig Ron. I know how you're feeling: musical stuff is always a blast and takes up so much time leaving little place for a HUGE hobby like poker (I have two jobs, a GF and a band and I just can't seem to find time either)... Better off to quit now and use the money than leave it in your account and lose it little by little by playing when tired or rushed.

Do you have a band to back you up or is it you singing to some taped music (or just you plus guitar) ?

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you have a band to back you up or is it you singing to some taped music (or just you plus guitar) ?

I`m building towards a band. Problem you have when doing Elvis is that the band have to be excellent musicians. So, for now, its backing tracks with my son and his friends, all over 17, helping with the equipment and playing the backing tracks on time.

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a new member here and I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune.Maybe time away will do you some good.

Ty, but there was no misfortune. And the time away is not the issue, its my decision to use the cash for other ventures.

If your new I think u will love the game. The guys on this site are excellent to, so u will have fun here!!!

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck Ron, it was a pleasure playing with you at that final table the other week and for what it's worth my notes about you peg you as a strong player.

Thanks Rex.

You never know, but when I get up and running fully I might be able to work out my time so I can play poker now and again.

GL m8 !!!

ziggymom

ziggymom

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sorry to see you go...come back anytime...;) your always welcome....