Getting careless

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that a lot of beginner-level poker players don't know how to play with a big stack, and this leads to a quick loss! I think that you need to play the same way as you played with a regular stack, and everything will be fine, then with the gained experience you will understand how to play well with a big stack! The main thing is self-control and discipline! Good luck to everyone at the tables!

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The worst thing that i do when playing poker is becoming careless. This only happens when im winning and have made a lot of extra profit. Its terrible. A lot of times i could have won more than i did had i not started playing carelessly. When i have chips to lose i start calling with any 2 cards, i attempt to bluff more and i just lose control. I have become better with this. I just get extra money and start throwing chips around foolishly. Before i get to a good amount of profit i am focused and im making rational decisions and playing optimal poker.

Don't care much the profit anymore, out of my hands. Don't care much being careless.

When i am in a situation like this, i often try permanently playing on 50+ buyin tourneys, or start to chase some cg rakerace, both cases i always fail, even i got the cg - i am simply not good in that, disturbing when have to make decisions even for few 100 bucks. in tourneys cases, i can't explain, can't even tell why i fail - except the fact, i never have the 200-400 BI bankroll for that...

Otherwise, if you care the profit. Make more withdrawals/deposits. I did it like that in the past, so you re-think a bit before you go full tilt mode. I could reduce the loss in losing periods, when nothing works.

GL!

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The worst thing that can happen to me while playing is loss of patience.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The worst thing that i do when playing poker is becoming careless. This only happens when im winning and have made a lot of extra profit. Its terrible. A lot of times i could have won more than i did had i not started playing carelessly. When i have chips to lose i start calling with any 2 cards, i attempt to bluff more and i just lose control. I have become better with this. I just get extra money and start throwing chips around foolishly. Before i get to a good amount of profit i am focused and im making rational decisions and playing optimal poker.

This is normal, it is called the tilt of the winner) Naturally, you need to stay with a cool head.

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
exactly

Exactly I also make some oversights and end up compromising the profit of a tournament but it's part of the game we make a little mistake at the time we get angry but it's part and we get used to losing

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I am a careful player and always look forward to strong cards. I never play with junk and therefore never feel disappointed with the wrong game. I play for fun and my tightly aggressive game allows me to enjoy the process.
Good luck.

C

Criminal Bizzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a form of winner's tilt which is not uncommon for new players or inexperienced players. I have seen many players at the table that double or triple up their starting stack just to lose it all. The only thing you can do to try and prevent this from happening is taking a breather moment to think about what you are about to do.

When it is your turn to act preflop take a moment to ask yourself if you would play this hand if you were not winning in the session. If the answer is no then you need to tell yourself that you should fold.

When playing post flop and facing a big bet or in a tough spot with a mediocre hand, you should take a moment to think about what happened. Think about the action and ask yourself why is villain making this play? Then ask yourself, if I was not winning in the session would I fold this hand? If the answer to the first question are hands that you lose to and the answer to the second question is yes then you need to tell yourself to fold.

There is skill in poker to be a winner but another important attributes of a winner is discipline. The discipline to think through the situation and realize where they are in the hand.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing poker get return from patience.

But after long time of playing most of players will lose patience.

Keep calm is another skill of poker.

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's easy to get away with bluffing when you're the chip leader so long as you don't become reckless. And there's a fine line between aggressive play and reckless play. I try to stay on the aggressive side of the line, but there are times when reckless play is necessary. Having an abundance of chips is not one of those times.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think many amateurs have such a bad habit and they often lose when playing like you

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The secret is this, keep the phaco.

Working on it, you'll soon be able to keep up.

But of course, changing habits is very difficult, so be strong.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
At such moments, you need to remind yourself more often that there were negative moments in the past when you played carelessly. Think about how you wasted your money.
Although I myself often find myself in such situations and then regret:cool:

N

NotADonk

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to suffer from playing looser when I had a big stack, but that is an error that I have now mostly eliminated.