Getting careless

T

Tiltmode1987

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The worst thing that i do when playing poker is becoming careless. This only happens when im winning and have made a lot of extra profit. Its terrible. A lot of times i could have won more than i did had i not started playing carelessly. When i have chips to lose i start calling with any 2 cards, i attempt to bluff more and i just lose control. I have become better with this. I just get extra money and start throwing chips around foolishly. Before i get to a good amount of profit i am focused and im making rational decisions and playing optimal poker.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Well, I think you just gave yourself the answer, stop paying in vain :), don't change your game because that's how you ended up winning:)

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi.
Self-control is one of the important qualities in making the right decisions in poker, I myself work on myself in this direction, when it turns out I am positive, not negative.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It is how you decide, one is careless and even more so when he has many chips at his command. To this you have to stop paying in vain, self-control is everything!

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You must be careful not to be careless when you have a lot of chips to play. You can't keep playing thinking that luck will come all the time. Even if luck does come, you need to have good technique because sometimes luck tends to take a while to come.

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The worst thing that i do when playing poker is becoming careless. This only happens when im winning and have made a lot of extra profit. Its terrible. A lot of times i could have won more than i did had i not started playing carelessly. When i have chips to lose i start calling with any 2 cards, i attempt to bluff more and i just lose control. I have become better with this. I just get extra money and start throwing chips around foolishly. Before i get to a good amount of profit i am focused and im making rational decisions and playing optimal poker.
I read the posts above where everyone advises you to exercise self-control in yourself. But ... Let's be honest, this is not easy. Sometimes it's not even about the size of your stack, but about the fact that you get bored and you start looking for a game where there is none. At such moments, in order to prevent a decrease in the level of your game, try to open a couple more tables or tournaments and this should help.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've already done that a couple of times. I think that I'm already on profit that day and why not try to play more aggresively to raise the profit. I know it's not easy to stop to play, but when I'm in a good session on a table I set an amount that I can lose (but still be on profit) and if I lose that amount I quit the table.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It's good that the money is spinning!

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I agree with you, when we win a few chips we get overconfident, yes it is the feeling of arrogance and greed that makes us more greedy and wanting to dominate the table, and it often leads us to losing streak or being eliminated from the tournament.

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing careless

I suffer from the same thing. I start losing my big stake with terrible hands... I sometimes don't know why i did an action that i would never do when I'm low or medium stake.... It's not cool.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Big stack poker playing takes some skill! I’ve seen a lot of big stacks go broke a lot! I play the same no matter the stack size.

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i'm happy with my game, I have been making some hero folds that I would never have imagined doing before...

V

vladikov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't pay every 2 cards as you have chips to lose, just stick to your range. Play only the hands you would play normally

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You can still sit out until the final table if you won a very large stack in the tournament. By that time, the stack will have shrunk to its normal size, with which you will again want to play tight and carefully :D

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
And you can also read or count something in parallel with the game.
This is how i played one freeroll on Sunday with $ 250 in prize money and managed to get to the final table and take 5th place among more than 1000 participants. It took about almost 7 hours, but due to the fact that i was busy with other things in parallel, there was no time for all kinds of moves, although the stack was constantly very large. When you are busy doing something else during the game, it turns out to be a rather tight game ))

D

DaHawk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I use to do the same and found out that it was generally from boredom and the grind. Now, if I start playing like that I walk away. I take an extended break. Or I just may stop playing for a few days. It's all determined on me being honest with myself and how much of a break I need to take. Not always so easy. But when you come back to the game, you be ready to sit and grind that profit out again. Just practice discipline.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Apparently this means that you do not value the money you win. I think that in such a situation a clear plan will help you. If you have a dream and you want to realize it, write a clear plan to achieve your goal, and strictly adhere to it. Remember, the journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step. So, step by step to the goal. Good luck.

M

Milan Godhania

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does sound like me! Very smart decision would be to play freeroll game, 20/50 cent game & from the winning, move to $1 games (tournament).

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Self-control is one of the most important aspects in poker. It is for sure something you can learn, especially after a few instances where playing overconfidently led to bad losses. But it is very important in poker to learn from mistakes and not to repeat them.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Scrambled eggs taste good, but you have to have some salt.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In poker, there is even such a thing as chip leader tilt, which is exactly what you described.

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wao, I just saw myself reflected in this post.
It happened to me as you have described your experience

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is also such a problem :(

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

Typical when I'm tilt.

Piligrin66

Piligrin66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I do not play carefully, I seem to play correctly, I endure, but a moment comes when my opponent raises with a big pot and I cannot fold AK or AQ, I answer and leave the tournament, I do not have enough patience.