The game

GengysKan

GengysKan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
At first glance, poker seems like a very simple game and it actually is, that is, if you just want to play by the rules, learning the game shouldn't take more than one day, but learning how to win is a story. Different all together, according to me, 2 main ingredients are needed to be a successful poker player. Planning and Discipline.
In the old days, planning and learning was quite an expensive matter, since to play with people you had to physically enter a game and shell out a lot of money while learning the finer points of the game. Books and websites that give you good tips and you can also play online with fictitious money and your improved skills before deciding to dive in and shell out your hard earned money.
However, you can have all the planning and practice in the world, but if you don't apply what you learned during a live game, you'll have big problems and that's where the discipline comes in. It's very difficult to be consistent wins, regardless of the fact that they have a firm grasp of the strategy. If a player doesn't have the discipline to play away from ruined starting hands waiting for their strategies to help them, then all the knowledge and strategies won't be able to help them be a consistent winner.
We will look into this further as we progress.

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I completely agree, discipline is the most important thing in poker.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, to be successful in poker you need two elements, patience and discipline. And only then, your patience and your discipline will allow you to plan your actions, and work hard to stick to your plan :)

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
I try to be disciplined in the game, but at low levels it's very difficult because I quickly lose patience against recreational players. It's true I'm also recreational but I play decent hands and not any kind of garbage, but they still beat me, I think I should learn to control my anger in the game

Top 10 Games