Is gambling a sin?

M

mico595

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
gambling in the Bible: Although the Bible does not explicitly mention gambling, she mentions games of luck chance. Poker is not just luck chance, so there is no sin

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think its a strange question.:confused:

A

ass707

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker it is a sin we are all sinners of saints no play and be crazy

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Gambling itself is not a sin.

But some of the side effects and behaviours normally associted with gambling are sins.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most religions were documented long ago and tend to polarize into good and bad.
The entertainment industry 'money in exchange for fun' typically falls in the 'bad' box.
Gambling in general and poker as part of it can have bad aspects; addiction, losing money that should have been used for food or education.
I've seen friendships break when the friends started to play a card game for money.

If playing poker is for fun, without busting any budget, it's the same as paying for a music streaming service and shouldn't be considered as a sin.

F

FreeDom1998

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe in nature, gambling is not a sin to me

nopainnogain

nopainnogain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not a sin.I think that it's an action.the first one to act or gamble is the favorite to win the hand.

kara260588

kara260588

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A very strange question. If you think that you are playing poker, you will commit a sin, then what are you doing here?:stupido2: Then it turns out that the whole forum is packed with sinners.:deal:

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am a christian and often think about this when I sit back and play a few games. Moderation is key?

As far as I know, this is not a sin, but the church does not welcome gambling, in view of the fact that participation in such games is very likely to sin, namely slander, deception, and much more.

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that as long as it is recreational and you are not hurting yourself or the other person there is no problem in playing. Moderation as you yourself said and fundamental.

Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling