Gambling

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys,

Is gambling a skill or just a luck matter?

I want to improve my self on the subject.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well you came to the right place.
In the grand scheme of things there is no such thing as luck. In the long run everyone get the very same cards. The very same set ups. Everybody win and everybody lose. Question is how good you maximize your winnings when you are winning, and minimize your losses, well, when you are losing.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

both ... more skill than luck !!! regards

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys,

Is gambling a skill or just a luck matter?

I want to improve my self on the subject.

Thank you for posting.

If you wager in a game in which your payouts over time =49.9% you are gambling hoping to be lucky.

If you correctly use math when you wager your long term payouts should = 50.1% or greater then luck plays no part.

The key here is to understand the odds that each of your wagers are offering you in order to remove luck from the equation.

Hope this helps
:):)

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many people, so many opinions! Positive players are a few percent, negative players are a few tens of percent)) So this is skill or luck?

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think gambling when you know you have a high chance to win is a skill otherwise it is luck.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It depends on what games we are talking about. Speaking of poker, I think the skill-to-luck ratio is about 80/20%. If we talk about roulette or slots, then in my opinion the ratio of skill to luck is only 20/80%.

J

jeffman123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In the long term, Poker is 100% skill. In the short term it's mostly luck. So if you wanna be winning over 5 million hands there's gonna be almost no variance. If you wanna win over 10000 hands variance is gonna be huge, as in winning players can actually lose and losing players can actually win all the time.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, with the time I have been playing, I have come to the conclusion that poker is 75% skill and only 25% luck, that means that if you study and practice the game and strive to improve, you will be a winning player in the long term. .

poker is a game of skill but it also has the psychological part of the game that is very important to make good decisions in your game and try not to make emotional decisions at the gaming tables.

The part of mentality and bankroll management are the most important and the ones with which we poker players deal the most, developing discipline in the game and in managing your bankroll is the most difficult but over time it can be controlled.

D

DonkArmyFish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on what you play, if you have a certain skill level and have sensible bankroll management you will no doubt in the long see a fortuitous outcome from poker, however if you rush in unprepared and do not adhere to the variant side of "gambling" it will humble you fast.

Stay safe risk what you can afford and never let your day be ruined by your results, I read a great quote recently simply put "others in your household should not know the result of your sessions based on your mood"

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gambling and fishing are two things that the majority of the public think are mostly luck but they are actually mostly skill

blackknives

blackknives

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on the game you're playing, who you are playing against (other players or the house) the choices you have or don't have (poker, blackjack, baccarat), can range very different in terms of skill or luck (mix of both)

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

all types of gambling need luck, but you can be skilled and better at it than most. For instance blackjack and Craps, also baccarat can be mastered and money management is key. In poker, skill triumphs over luck in the long run. so if you are going to gamble, never gamble more than you can afford. Invest in good runs, scale back on bad ones. if its poker play whatever your stake is fearlessly, but study so you have an edge.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a skill game, always changing and every hand has a different skill level needed.

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you talk about gambling like slots or roulette, you will win sometimes, but lose in the end. Poker is not gambling, at least for most of us ;)
Sure, luck is involved, but you can influence it. So skill game...

Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling