Future of poker

LadderingUp

LadderingUp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the formats are what is gonna evolve in the future. Less unlimited reentries, more capped reentries. (I really like the idea of 3 max bullets.) Of course RNG's will improve.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Without a doubt, online games, and poker in particular have great prospects. But I think that artificial intelligence does not threaten us, because obviously software will be developed that will control the activities of such algorithms.

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i thibk this is truly possible, there are some tests already by using those virtual gogles, so you thought is not far from it :)

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Well I think that just as technology is advancing and improving day by day ... in the same way, online poker will also do it ... what is clear is that it cannot be left behind and stagnant ... because if It will not be replaced by something else that meets the expectations of future generations ...!

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The future of poker is very uncertain, there are no new good poker rooms yet.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I'm happy with what the game looks like now and I don't think it should come up with anything new.

ferocious

ferocious

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont think bots can win nlh but thet can win fix limit.Look at the challenge doug polk did with other pros against bots and won them.Bots can win fix limit

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Vpip averaging 80%. Af at 99%, CBET at. At 6x.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
AI is already being used in security politics, in poker rooms, and there are bots that beat professional players. In general, the software meets all the requirements, so I don't think there will be any global changes.

L

lolshovaments

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Future of poker is a challenge to bring new players and at the same time make the game fun to watch. At this point poker is a very boring game for people who don't play it. And it makes all the difference, because no one is really searching for poker to watch but recreational poker player and, maybe, a few professionals.

If the resources from poker still coming from other players and not sponsors, television, streaming, players will be closer and closer in technical terms and ROI and winrates will decrease year by year.

So players will have to bring some new players, entrepreneurs to have fun in the tables. But you can do the math, a rich recreational player don't last too long playing poker without a good reason. And professionals staring them for hours until make a move is not the best option for people to have fun.

In the future we need sponsors from all sources and a game with different mechanics.

Global Poker League tryed to do it, but didn't happen.

No Limit Hold'em is not the best game for a total noob to understand.

So people prefer to watch basketball or something.

The only power of attraction in poker at this point are the prizes. People don't remember the moves, or the boring players playing but the millions of dollars of prizes coming and going. They don't want to know if Negreanu have a negative ROI in the last 4 or 5 years, they just know he did have a few 6 or 7 digits results and is okay.

And most of people live the illusion of hit a big hit in a great tournament. It last just few years, until people realize poker is all about number of hands played, beat the variance and play your best in regular basis, which most of people won't do.

We need new ideas.

And right now we have very conservative "personalities" in the poker business doing challenges and some other stuff involving their giant egos, and just a few really working to improve the game.

Future of poker is pretty close to the future of chess.

A game built only for players and enthusiasts.

Last edited:
A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the classical game, I hope it doesn’t change. As for technology and room development I wouldn’t mind!

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Current computers would take years to "solve" poker. No human will ever be able to implement the strategy, there are simply too many mathematical combinations and the human elements.

Quantum computing is in development, some company will break through soon. It will be interesting if the quantum computer powers will be able to solve poker as they WILL be able to process information in ways and speeds that were previously impossible in computing.

The future is unknown, but will be fun to experience! :)

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is not quite a solvable game. Definition of solved game usually applied to games with full information and no element of luck.
Such as chess or checkers. Those are combinatorial games.

AI though could adapt to human strategies, self learn and beat humans.
And they already are as some folks have noted before.
Humans are weak. Humans have emotions. Compuers fearless.

On the other hand humans can adapt too. When AI would get widespread and humans learn how they play the game, who knows. Maybe then we would come on top.

Current computers would take years to "solve" poker. No human will ever be able to implement the strategy, there are simply too many mathematical combinations and the human elements.

Quantum computing is in development, some company will break through soon. It will be interesting if the quantum computer powers will be able to solve poker as they WILL be able to process information in ways and speeds that were previously impossible in computing.

The future is unknown, but will be fun to experience! :)

Last edited:
abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know. I thought poker got more and more popular during all this pandemic business.
Just like chess.
Well yeah some of the events on youtube i watched and they are prety boring.
Like the other day i came across that vid of the final table of some wsop or somthing, guy raised some 3 bb with some 66, other guy shoved like 30bb with AJ on him, he called, and thats it.
Maybe its just poker changes and it becomes less interesting to watch sometimes.
But im sure after all this covid stuff would be in the past we would have alot of interesting stuff going in poker, a lot of ideas and great personalities and stuff. Its just the hard times that humans are going through.
But anyway. Poker is alot of fun to play. I think its beter then watching poker.
Future of poker is a challenge to bring new players and at the same time make the game fun to watch...

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
usually when poker rooms makes changes are for worse.

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that poker will soon be on a high level, just like at the Olympics !!!

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

It would be interesting ... let's wait for the future to see what poker holds for us!

Ellvira

Ellvira

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What you think a future of poker could look like?
I think it would be cool if there be some virtual rooms with holograms of people, so everyone would have scanners of some sort so it would be really like a live poker.
Or maybe Artificial Intelligence (Advanced Bots) could kill the game?
Hello friend, you need to be an innovator of this idea
with virtual rooms, this would be great, but bots will really kill all poker, in the future I think they will cancel all auxiliary programs