The Funny Things Bad Players Say

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"But I was suited" seems to be the most common.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I saw this twice earlier in the month at Mandalay and Excalibur.. After the turn, 3 cards to a Flush draw and a straight draw showing. Big all-in bet from first to act and call. Pots were both over 600 on a 1-2 table. Caller had pocket aces both times and an Ace on the board. Both callers said they couldn't fold a set of aces... even though they had no draw over than a full boat...both lost.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This from last night: this is a live $200 tourney with about 150 players and we are still like 30 players from the money....or in other words we're not even close to the money.

Short stack goes all in for like 7bb a big stack calling station calls and another guy goes all in for like 30bb. calling station folds the short stack had like Q9 and the pusher had JJ.

Short stack ends up doubling up becuse he hits a queen. the calling station bitches and moans for like 5 minutes about how the JJ shouldn't have raised because he got calling station to fold, and calling station would have made a pair of kings by the river and they could have knocked a player out.

This guy was absolutely convinced that the JJ made a horrible play and wouldn't shut up about it. Kept on going on and on how "I could have raised with my K but I didn't. I just called because we need to knock players out!" and the JJ says "why didn't you raise? that would have been fine and I wouldn't have been mad"

"you don't get it! If I raise it makes it harder to knock people out. That's why it's always better to just call. Everybody should just call"

B

BEAST MODE

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I open raised JJ at 1/2 playing live. A guy with about $140 stack says "Alright, take my money I need to get out of here. It folds back to me and i'm sitting there thinking he's angling me so I'm debating a fold. I'm too much of a donk so i end up calling and he flips over 74o and i hold. He then says gg and casually gets up from the table and leaves. I was dumbfounded as to why he didn't just cash out his chips.

A guy did this to me when I had KK and he had garbage. I flopped top set and everything, but the flop came 3 spades and river was a 4th spade. He was holding the 4 of spades for the win. But he said the same thing before he 3bet to all in. I was dumb founded because we both had a stack of around $600 ....it was 1-3 blinds.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
most funny thing bad players say is to complain about `donkeys` or `idiots`,,,ummm do you hear yourself? who do you want to play? a smart player instead? isn`t that you? lmao,,,,,i guess it isn`t,,,,,you see,good players don`t complain about donkeys or chasers,,,,,,we take their chips away from them,,,,,easily. :joyman:peace. :cool:

ger008t

ger008t

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This from last night: this is a live $200 tourney with about 150 players and we are still like 30 players from the money....or in other words we're not even close to the money.

Short stack goes all in for like 7bb a big stack calling station calls and another guy goes all in for like 30bb. calling station folds the short stack had like Q9 and the pusher had JJ.

Short stack ends up doubling up becuse he hits a queen. the calling station bitches and moans for like 5 minutes about how the JJ shouldn't have raised because he got calling station to fold, and calling station would have made a pair of kings by the river and they could have knocked a player out.

This guy was absolutely convinced that the JJ made a horrible play and wouldn't shut up about it. Kept on going on and on how "I could have raised with my K but I didn't. I just called because we need to knock players out!" and the JJ says "why didn't you raise? that would have been fine and I wouldn't have been mad"

"you don't get it! If I raise it makes it harder to knock people out. That's why it's always better to just call. Everybody should just call"

Totally agree ..people will always be people in the moment.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Foxwoods $1/$2 nlh. UTG limps and there are 5 followers including the blinds. Flop comes 68Qr. The blinds check and UTG bets $10. It folds to older man in CO who calls. The SB folds and the BB calls. The Turn is a blank and all check. The River is a Jack and once again it checks around. The dealer says "Show me a winner!". The BB mucks, UTG shows a weak suited Queen and the old man in the CO tables 66 for a flopped set and proudly scoops a $40 pot. Asked why he never bet or raised a single time he says, "Are you kidding me? A set of sixes isn't nearly strong enough to raise. Do you have any idea how many straights are coming off the deck these days?"
I couldn't help but think that he probably sees more than his fair share.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this one I hear all the time

"I lose like 90% of my flips"

i'm thinking "No you don't. are you suggeting math doesn't work in the delusional world you have created?"

edit: I do get it. there was one world series summer where I only won 1 out of 16 or 17 flips. THAT really sucked, and made for a lot of free time. But then a year later I swear I won the nearly all of my flips. I didn't keep count because you don't "dwell" on the flips you win but I know out of the 6 or 7 big flips that mattered where thousands of dollars of equity was on the line I won them all. I eventually lost the last one and of course it was disappointing since I was out....but I couldn't even be upset because I recognized how good I had been running.

Last edited:
G

Gangsta1394

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
players who complain are the worst. They act like they are unlucky or that they are owed something. I was at a home game where a guy busted with about 80bb and had his aces cracked and threw his chips at the winner and said IF YOU WANT THEM SO BAD TAKE THEM and stormed out. some people can't handle the swings

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this one I hear all the time

"I lose like 90% of my flips"

i'm thinking "No you don't. are you suggeting math doesn't work in the delusional world you have created?"

edit: I do get it. there was one world series summer where I only won 1 out of 16 or 17 flips. THAT really sucked, and made for a lot of free time. But then a year later I swear I won the nearly all of my flips. I didn't keep count because you don't "dwell" on the flips you win but I know out of the 6 or 7 big flips that mattered where thousands of dollars of equity was on the line I won them all. I eventually lost the last one and of course it was disappointing since I was out....but I couldn't even be upset because I recognized how good I had been running.

Best addition to this thread ever. :angel:

Doblador bus

Doblador bus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I DO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THE CHAT IN THE ONLINE POKER, IF ON A TABLE IN LIVE THE FRIENDS AND GRACIOUS COMMENTS CAN ALWAYS TOLERATE RESPECTING THE OPPONENT AND WITH RESTRICT

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These players were from english speaking countries? Because if not, I do not find here anything excessivly laughable. They simply do not know poker jargon in english but want to sound cool. Its very much like when someone is trying to act cool in foreign language but does not know what he is actually doing. Sounds and looks stupid, but it happens from time to time.

D

Dajamo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have laughed.
I have never played lives so I dunno if that's rude or not allowed or something, but I would have laughed so hard.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"There are only two reasons to bluff in poker, to get better hands to fold (which will never happen) and to get worse hands to call."

F

favorable flop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
after showdown: "I KNEW you didn't have an ace". Yeap, you have x-ray vision.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
One of my favs is from The Poker Tournament Formula.

Everyone folds to the button, button raises. Small blind folds, big blind goes all in. Button snap calls and turns over 88. Big blind turns over KK, to which the button responds "I put you on kings."

Don't ask me why but I laughed out loud at this for a good 15 seconds. thanks

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not what people say exactly but when I see people lose their mind in anger during a free roll saying "how could you do this and how could you do that?" I always tell them, you paid ZERO dollars to be in this, what are you complaining about?

cwatt3131

cwatt3131

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hahaha these posts are hilarious.

I had a guy shove all in w 10 2 off suit against my AA. After I took his stack, he said "mane I been hittin 10s all day NH" ... I had to get up bc I was crying

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hahaha these posts are hilarious.

I had a guy shove all in w 10 2 off suit against my AA. After I took his stack, he said "mane I been hittin 10s all day NH" ... I had to get up bc I was crying

had a guy 5 bet on me with T3s. I 6bet jammed for about the size of the pot he says "Oh man. I priced myself in"

he calls and I have AA. I won't share how it ended because only bad players complain about bad beats. :)

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From a local card room playing $1/$2nl. It's HU on the flop in a $50 Pot. A very short stack shoves All-in for maybe $25. The other player, a middle aged lady, thinks for a real long time and finally folds. As she mucks she says. "I had to fold. I had too many outs. That's when they don't come."

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SO THIS THREADS JUST TALK ABOUT WHAT I SAY TO OTHER PLAYER????? sad mannn... this is too damn sad..