Friendships at the Poker Tables

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have table frends you will probabli not reach full potential at some hands that will cost you allot later in tournament.

Anatoliy73

Anatoliy73

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If a friend is real, then ninacaca money can't buy, and for the table to play fair.

James_Moria

James_Moria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As for me, I also have few "poker friends" we just comunicate with each other, but not play together , we can discuss some interesting situations which we had previously, we do sharing our experience in poker playing!

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a subtle difference between friendship and being sociable at the table. You don't necessarily need to be friends with anyone, but being sociable makes it a more enjoyable experience.

godblessiraq

godblessiraq

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No friends at the table, I am there to collect as many chips as possible from everyone at the table. Ok to joke around and of course etiquette is a must, but friendship is out the door when sitting at a table.

R

raymondzav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Friendly at the tables, talk a little bit not much and listen to all conversations. Players some times want to know how you are.

shikah

shikah

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have friends at poker tables, people i've never met, having a laugh one second then knocking them out the tournament or vice versa the next.
doesn't change how i play against them, and i think that's important to remember..

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I prefer money. I don't play poker with friends.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While growing up we had always played cards of some sort. Poker was no different, we would get together play cards while having a few adult drinks. lol It never affected our friendships.
Best thing about these forums is that you can talk not only poker. And once people start seeing you playing at the tables more and not being a jerk you can make some good friends.
Poker reminds me of other "contact" sports, in the respect that you can try to take their chips on the felt. You try to either knock out or submit your opponent on the mat or cage. Afterwards everyone can get together and have a drink or something.
I have played sports all of my life, not the best and not the worst.

S

shair

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is probability, as a poker game). You can find a friend, but the percentage is low. But if you interested to find a friend firstly (rather than the game itself), it is necessary to strive: to try to communicate, try to find a common interest. Then the chance will increase. (all of in your hand)

Thanks to poker, I have two new friends.But we never play together)

:)

i have friends at poker tables, people i've never met, having a laugh one second then knocking them out the tournament or vice versa the next.
doesn't change how i play against them, and i think that's important to remember..
nothing personal - just business

Flgturco

Flgturco

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Friendship can be anywhere on the table to win chips.
People confuse friendship with respect.
respect your opponent that will make you his friend.
Respect is exchange currency.​

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
friendship at the poker table is, and money is not an obstacle

H

Hondo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the 8 1/2 months I have been playing online poker I have had exchanges with exactly two people.
Playing MTTs people rarely even wish one and other good luck or give them a gg when they are busted out. The most chatter I have seen comes from players trash talking one another. And with the constant table changes it is pretty much impossible to get to know individuals. It might be easier in cash games but it has been awhile since I have played any cash tables. But when i did it was the same. Conversation was basically non-existent.

I am not saying it is impossible to make friendships only that it is difficult.
:jd4:

Helloween

Helloween

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My friends and I often play poker live. So friendship and poker are quite compatible.

T

triplstacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually became friends with a poker table that I play live with. I happen to see them more regularly than my other friends.

H

Hansadsa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Russians have a saying, friendship is friendship, but money apart.

fabiancampos

fabiancampos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice question. I think poker makes friends, but when it comes to the game and real money each one takes his interests.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play some tournaments with friends and then to see how each one of us would have played our hands and be able to help us improve our game

R

raymondzav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see players not much friendship they act or show friendship but want they really want is your money and information to have a better knowledge of how you play.

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The poker table isn't the place where I am looking to find a friend.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No chips are sweeter than my buddy's !!

Home game is more about bragging rights than the money !

Other than that I play like there are no friends at the table.

Willroquefan

Willroquefan

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Well this happens if there are friends playing at the same table, I perceived one time in a table with 2 players from the same country they were friends and were commanding the table deviding the blinds.

Slider23

Slider23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My best friend and I would travel together to play poker at different card rooms, and sometimes we would end up in the same games. My friend and I had played so much together that we stayed out of each others way. I had a tight image, played on the loose side. He had a loose image, but played tight. I could read him like a book, but he was never sure of my hands.

Never made a true friend at a card room. There were some card players that we gambled at the golf course, but I always kept my distance because I wanted to win their money.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker

Friendship and kindness go hand in hand, but friendship and gambling money no