Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I was the same as this.. but then one site I was playing on I found the graphics on tables to be distracting so I then opted in for the 4-colour deck & actually got used to it... then swtiched over on all sites. I didn't like it for awhile at first tho

pretty sure it's ostrich

Ostrich is correct if your discussing an ostrich, but he was talkin about JQ's avatar, which is clearly an osterridge. Your welcome, common mistake. :)

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I mean, cmon, who is gonna trust an osterridge...............?????????

how do you spell that?????????
Ostrich. ;) And what do you mean? Just LOOK at that face. Is that a face that would lie to you? :p ;)

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Two color all the way.

Four color decks confuse me. I'm much more likely to misread a four color deck.

Just ain't natural.

-

A

AAChipMagnet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never saw the 4 color til I started playing online. I think if it works for ya use it. I don't usually but I do like to use it multi-tabling at times.

marvingubba

marvingubba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
four colour is better for me online, but doubt I'd buy them for home games

Samango

Samango

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
...but the emu and the ostrich are different animals...

Yes they are, that's why I was (rather too) obliquely making the point that we should probably call that emu, an emu instead of calling it an ostrich lol

Last edited:
KingwithAxe1

KingwithAxe1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4 color deck are very distracting. Tthe bigger thing is to have vegas type cards so that the symbols are bigger. That will solve everything with dudes with bad eyes.

X

X__Gandalf__X

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online I always switch to a 4 colour deck. It's just one less thing that can go wrong.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah thats the first thing i do when i join a new site.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
four colour with big cards makes playing multiple tables so much easier

P

PotluckXXI

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah 4 color all the way online, with MT'ing and speed of game it's a lot easier to see those pesky flush draws nailing your set or straights. Live games are much slower so don't need to make quick decisions that lead to mistaking club for spade.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
4 color decks are a must in multi tabling.
Less mistakes and faster reaction times when making quick decisions.
Adapt or pay the price with missed flushes or misread hands or missed opportunities.

J

jsaw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Until the four color deck is used in live games I will continue to use a blend of the two type online. My criteria is not the number of tables been played, but the quality of the graphics on a given site. If I have four or more tables open and I find it hard to distinguish between clubs and spades I will shift to the four color deck simply to avoid mistakes.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Two color all the way.

Four color decks confuse me. I'm much more likely to misread a four color deck.

-
I've been accustomed to using a 2-colour deck for over 40yrs. & yah 'at first' the 4-colour deck seems odd (& for my first couple yrs. online I refused to use it), but in a very short time I found I never wanted to use a 2-colour deck online again. (short time = couple/few days)

4 color deck are very distracting. Tthe bigger thing is to have vegas type cards so that the symbols are bigger. That will solve everything with dudes with bad eyes.
It's not about 'bad eyes' for myself (20-20 vision here). I'm used to running 9-tables tiled on a 17" laptop with 2-colour deck (&/or 12-16tiled on 22" monitor) & have never had a problem 'seeing' the cards. For myself it's about using the most efficient method & that is 4-colour by a longshot (I'd never go back to 2 ).
four colour with big cards makes playing multiple tables so much easier
yuuuuuuppppp!!
4 color decks are a must in multi tabling.
Less mistakes and faster reaction times when making quick decisions.
Adapt or pay the price with missed flushes or misread hands or missed opportunities.
this ^ (yuuuuuuuppppp!)

PurgatoryD

PurgatoryD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Am I an odd one out or something?

I don't think so. When playing for money, I don't think I've ever misread a suit. It's not that I can't imagine such a thing happening to someone. It's just that I always look very closely at the suit.

What I'm curious about is ranking suits with 4 color decks. Does it mess people up who rank by alternating color? :)

Which makes me wonder... I seem to recall seeing clubs ranked lowest. Is that always the case in poker? Or does it vary by country? Anyone know the answer to that?

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think so. When playing for money, I don't think I've ever misread a suit. It's not that I can't imagine such a thing happening to someone. It's just that I always look very closely at the suit.

What I'm curious about is ranking suits with 4 color decks. Does it mess people up who rank by alternating color? :)

Which makes me wonder... I seem to recall seeing clubs ranked lowest. Is that always the case in poker? Or does it vary by country? Anyone know the answer to that?
ranks Ive always played are hearts/diamonds/spades/clubs in that order.

PurgatoryD

PurgatoryD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
spades > hearts > diamonds > clubs

Yeah, this is the ranking I've typically seen. I think this is used by the game of bridge. But is it "official" for poker? Poker in the US? Poker at the wsop? I've never seen it described as "official" but I've seen it used this way. Here in the US, at least. I've never played poker while out of the country.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, this is the ranking I've typically seen. I think this is used by the game of bridge. But is it "official" for poker? Poker in the US? Poker at the WSOP? I've never seen it described as "official" but I've seen it used this way. Here in the US, at least. I've never played poker while out of the country.

in the uk when I was a kid, it was always 'red over black, hearts over spades', guess it might have changed now.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker orifice is right imo, when drawing the button the best card you can get is ace of spades - if first guy is dealt it, he is dealt button without anyone else seeing card