Foreign language in the chat

Samango

Samango

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pokerstars moderators didn't intervene or do anything about it......so I really don't see the point of these rules and its not like we can alert them or anything.....even so, if alerting them were possible, it would just distract from the game...

That's the second time that someone's mentioned this itt specifically talking about pokerstars
PokerStars is the one place where it is very easy
— at the table click 'OPTIONS', the dialog that comes up has a button 'Call Moderator'
It will probably be less distracting than continued bad chat

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
К черту их, если они не могут понять шутку

R

rugby0

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We are playing poker. not solving the world problems.

B

Bowman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't understand why language has to be in English only.

A person could try to maneuver their way into getting moneys they lost paid back to them with some sort of false claim.

other than that no reason why. although, I am sure there are poker clients who ask you for your language when installing the program, then after so you can put that language into chat.

Any idea?

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The reason for a set language is to keep people from colluding in chat, or to stop an exchange of information that will only be available to people who understand the language. AFAIK anyway.

That they chose English as that language, well, .....lol

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I should get the translater working. But would spend more time doing that than playing the game.

I just Ignore them. Better still Block Their Chat.

B

Bowman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand why it is implemented and see no issue with it personally. I know others sometimes do probably because they speak a different language than that being the main chat language.

Got to say, can't believe there is a button for a mod. Only on pokerstars. World leaders everywhere but in the USA.

I

itrade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i do wonder about that all the time the only english thing in all the chat rooms

gattusoleon

gattusoleon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the lenguage in the tournament esp for the latin people is better

G

guutox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chat only make me feel bad, people calling me fish haha, but who speaks another languagues should be mute, only english must be allowed because it's a universal languague

Z

Zero2Hero

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never understood the point of chatting/ raging at anyone in any language. Most of the time I just turn chat off.