folding AA preflop

chipeverett

chipeverett

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's a tough decision. What if the other hands were KK, JJ, and 10 10? Of course rockets are the best hand, but at the same time if a 10, J, or K, hits the board you're climbing uphill big time. I don't know if I could have made that fold, but I do see the logic behind it.

JustRaiseTheBlinds

JustRaiseTheBlinds

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre-flop you never lay down a AA.
You can't have a better hand.
You will be always the favorive to win the pot.
The more opponents the better imo.
But I can understand why he folded. To be sure of the 2nd place in a SNG is a good think.
But it's better to win it. ;)

earache

earache

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The fold served a purpose, and that purpose was to get in the money. You would have been ticked to loose and in this situation it was the right time to fold. But this has to be one of the few instances a monster could be folded preflop. Good self control and realizing you needed money more then you needed chips.

H

hastetheday

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO never lay down the AA pre-flop you cant argue with the odds, sure there will be some beats, but in the long run its the best decision.

A

ammo12180

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This really is the only hand that I'll follow a lot of all-ins into a pot. Your chances of making an insane amount of money are too great to pass up. I'm also curious how that hand turned out. Did he really make the right call? Would've he been beat?

K

KingPietro

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i think that was a bad fold because he had 100% the best hand and he must play to win so i think it was a bad fold

Folding in Poker