When one go all in I fold AA too.

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, it's understandable when life changing money is at stake, I would've done the same.

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there must have been some invisible additional reasons for this preflop fold, like shamanic predictions:evil: on the eve of the game. There are no other excuses for it.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

IOAUHeoaUIEh oaUeh oaIeh OAIUHE oauIHE oauIhe oaIUhe aoiueh aOIua
I saw your expression in that because !!! LOL !!!
ouIAHE ouAEH ouaIeh oAIUeh aOIUeh aOeh AOeh OAIeh aOuea
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is something very difficult to do, to mold AA preflop, I understand that in that game he retires because more than one player enters to play it which makes his chances lower, maybe if it is one against one he did not mold it, of course the flop did not It helped him and it seems that it was the best decision, without a doubt, it was.
On the other hand, I already saw several times some pro who anchor AA in bubble, it would have to be seen in what state of the tournament they were.

spoke and said .... I also believe that depending on the time of the tournament .... such a decision is good!:D:D:D:D:D:D

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this business of intuition, a feeling of play .... I also believe that some may have developed it to the level of doing that ....

looking for reasons for this act ... iouaHE oiauEH oaiUeh oaehaoIehaOUea

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That was David Fishman playing on TV against stars (such as Phil Helmuth) on a show called the Big Game as the Loose Cannon.

Loose Cannons (amateurs) had to play strategically. They were given $100,000 to play against the pros for 150 hands and could keep their winnings. I do not recall the aces fold but David Fishman won enough during his game to lead the amateurs for much of the series. In fact he only 'lost' on the final show of the series when Bob Ferdinand won two huge hands to beat Fishman's total.

In this case, it is possible, perhaps even reasonable. Also do not know anything else from the table, how they played, how was the flops before this hand.

I've seen one like this from a live event long time ago, that was FT bubble, and the short-stack had the AA, he was the BB or SB, before him it was raise and re-raise allin with KK and QQ, I do not remember the full board but Q and K was there A not. When they asked the guy about it in the interview after the tourney, he said, he folded, because the A was on the board in the last 4-5 seen board + he won too many hands against one of the alliner, did not even mentioned, he wanted to reach FT, pay jump whatever else reason most of us would have...

That was strange, this one, too. But I don't think folding pre-flop AA reasonable for any of us in any situation, except if it is about significant pay jump, FT bubble with 3-4 allin before us (what almost never happens)

I am curious what the guy said, why did he fold it??? Really, because he's already won enough?

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Successful fold with AA, very rare to happen! How many times could that happen again? Almost all the times all the players would play it. Except if some information lead us to a fold, like if I had a few times AA at the previous hands and they were not winning.

Bobbybones1950

Bobbybones1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't speak Spanish. Did he have a reason for folding.

I'll wager he was thrilled he did!

:confused:

Riccoboni

Riccoboni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he must be a seer and read the letters and saw his defeat in the future ...

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
In this case, it is possible, perhaps even reasonable. Also do not know anything else from the table, how they played, how was the flops before this hand.

I've seen one like this from a live event long time ago, that was FT bubble, and the short-stack had the AA, he was the BB or SB, before him it was raise and re-raise allin with KK and QQ, I do not remember the full board but Q and K was there A not. When they asked the guy about it in the interview after the tourney, he said, he folded, because the A was on the board in the last 4-5 seen board + he won too many hands against one of the alliner, did not even mentioned, he wanted to reach FT, pay jump whatever else reason most of us would have...

That was strange, this one, too. But I don't think folding pre-flop AA reasonable for any of us in any situation, except if it is about significant pay jump, FT bubble with 3-4 allin before us (what almost never happens)

I am curious what the guy said, why did he fold it??? Really, because he's already won enough?

No I do not believe it was because he had won enough already - it could have been the opposite, that he knew he had not won enough to lead the amateurs.

Remember, all the amateurs faced a table of pros such as Negreanu who would constantly pick on them and try to bully them off pots. The pros played with their own money and thought the $100,000 provided to the amateurs was an easy score- so they were hyper aggressive.

The amateurs all had experience and knew better so they nitted it up and stuck with premium hands.

With Fishman I think it was simply the case of weighing the odds of AA getting busted and thinking 'this is not yet the time to risk it all' and he was right as the trip 6s hit the board. The other thing to bear in mind is they played 150 hands. So going all-in on the 20th hand (for example) does not make the best sense.

Here's the opposite end of that scale. Final table of a European WPT event in Venice (link attached below).

One player Rocco Palumbo has aces with three in the pot and he is last to act. The flop is dealt and the first player makes a large raise (bluff) the second player then re-raises (top pair) Rocco reviews the situation (you can literally watch him quickly think it through) then folds. The commentators (Helmuth and Van Patton) are stunned but then they are watching cards up. Then one comments well, he must have thought two pairs or trips. In the next clip the final table has shrunk to two and Palumbo now has the chip lead. He misreads a hand...but...he won the title which the clip does not reveal.

The play starts at minute 9.11

Last edited:
M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like when people judge without knowing the background. Let me fill you in.
In the show loose cannon was staked at 100k bucks to play against pros 150 hands with 200/400blinds, pot limited pre-flop and no limit after, he was allowed to keep all the profit above initial 100k and the winning cannon would get NAPT passport worthy 50k. So in this game David Fishman was 10s loose cannon with 2 only behind him, previous leader for NAPT passport had 60k-ish profit. After around 90th hand he managed to get huge double up at had by the end of it 140k in profit (basically his own money from now).
So tell me, guys, how many of you would be stupid enough to play any hand at this situation instead of folding your way out for 10k maybe and guaranteeing yourself profit of 120+50k ?

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
did he win at the end?

etouu79

etouu79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I think that after looking at the cards on the flop and the villain forming poker, that pair of AA is well folded but it is rare to fold preflop with that big win, it still seems strange to me, I just think he simply did not have faith intuition, or I don't know, because before the flop and beyond the type of bets that others make, you know that you are winning, but hey, with the Monday newspaper we say that it was a good fold

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Fishman was playing the long-game, not the hand. He was waiting out the number of hands specified for the game and decided he was not going to risk his stack, regardless of his hole cards. Not sure I could be that disciplined.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I folded two aces preflop in the Hot 1.10 tournament, but in front of me three players went all-in (I would have lost) and after me there were two more players and I really didn't want to leave the tournament !!!

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
fold AA, pre flop. YES! exists ! - video

Given the context, I think it is a good decision to let AA go, as this is how the award was secured.
The coldness with which he retires with that tremendous bomb is also impressive:deal:

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, folding AA preflop is very rare. because AA up there is the best play even with a high percentage of winning the hand, after the other players improve the hand on the flop one can fold.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's a move that 1% of poker players understand I guess haha. )

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
insane to fold, even at least see a flop

Folding in Poker