Dobbler1

Dobbler1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've been playing freeroll games on 888 and I'm still trying to figure the balance. You have much less fold equity against really bad fish (they'll call with nonsense), but you also have much better hand equity (because they'll call with nonsense). How do you deal with this? Super tight aggressive? Nit from early position, LAG from late. See lots of flops and outplay them post flop?

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm still trying to figure this out myself so looking forward to hearing what others have to say!

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've been playing freeroll games on 888 and I'm still trying to figure the balance. You have much less fold equity against really bad fish (they'll call with nonsense), but you also have much better hand equity (because they'll call with nonsense). How do you deal with this? Super tight aggressive? Nit from early position, LAG from late. See lots of flops and outplay them post flop?

I've been playing freerolls for a long time and there's no point in trying to invent it, bluffing then even worse, because the vast majority of players in this tournament are recreational, and yes, they'll pay with everything, go all-in with any pair. In the beginning I usually play only with strong hands, trying to double my chips and from the middle to the end, I play a little looser, to get to the money. Good luck to everyone at the tables.:)

sulzerrt

sulzerrt

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Simply exploit them, if you already know that they are fishes, so use it against them))

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think the most important thing is to stay focused and not play with junk. Hyper freerolls are more like a lottery, so luck decides a lot, but I think the main thing is not to play with junk.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
bet big and often for value and keep the bluffs to a minimum. otherwise play your normal game.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always play with chips only with a winning hand with a ready combination, it's useless to bluff because fish will always call with any little thing on his hands.
Calculating some equity or odds against fish is also a useless exercise, because fish does not know how to count it and in general what equity is :D

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The ideal is to stack at the beginning of the mtt, but always respect the range, if they are very loose, be careful and play for value.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker