First Live Game Tonight - Any Tips??

clubsta

clubsta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recommend the introduction of a new rule for all home games - anyone who sucks out on a donk call must drink a large measure of neat vodka. 50-100ml per donk call should do the trick. If they're superdonks they'll be on the floor before the 3rd level :D

Ahahah! Good rule! The question is, who'd be supplying the vodka? ;) Great way to eventually knock out the donks, though, so the stop getting so lucky.

E

Ecomdan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I live in the Philippines and can buy large bottles of horrible cheap vodka for about a dollar so bringing a bottle of booze to a poker game isn't -EV :p

clubsta

clubsta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hahaha. I should run over (or fly, rather) to the Philippines, in that case!

NBA2K10ROCKETS

NBA2K10ROCKETS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wear a hat/cap and sun glasses you need the intimidation factor also try to have fun, talk to others socialize, live poker is boring so spice it up by drinking a few beers and maybe suggest a 3 beer minimum to start playing that will definately make things interesting.

BEERM4N

BEERM4N

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
played in this one again last night and won it again. im begining to like this live play alot more than online.

Panamajoe

Panamajoe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is one bad issuse as the game doesn't start till 7PM and me and a few work mates go to Happy Hour & a Half at 5PM:beer: so by 7PM i might be a bit :drunken_s

Really, According to Doyle, and I agree, play or drink, not both. Depending on your size you should be able to metabolize 1 drink an hour, so just be smart.... if u don't want to look like a wus, start with vodka with a twist and switch to soda with a twist.

GL, I had great fun the last time I got to play "live" and did pretty well.

Ha ha, just noticed your name, vodka with a twist... right...

Last edited:
BEERM4N

BEERM4N

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
vodka with a twist... right...

Yeah not really my drink lol... And if ya didnt notice i've actually won the live game twice since the original post :)

B

ballboy75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you say your playing a live game..... you mean a 18 man tourney???
or what? or is this just a cash game wish a bunch of tables?
anyway..... take no prisoners and make sure noone cheats, otherwise you will be having people breaking beer bottles in order to use them as knives.
i always like those scenec in movies LOL:D
gl 2 u, get rich fast and then leave!

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing in my first live game tonight about 18 people a few beginers... Any got any tips for a live tourney rather than an online one?
Should i be playing in more hands seeing as there wont be as many hands on each blind level as there is online?

There is one bad issuse as the game doesn't start till 7PM and me and a few work mates go to Happy Hour & a Half at 5PM:beer: so by 7PM i might be a bit :drunken_s

My tip: leave out the happy hour next time and stay sober:deal:

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
another piece of advice:

do not sing bawidaba loudly when 2 players are in a hand and one is contemplating an all-in call

Organize a Home Poker Game Top 10 Games Poker Tips