DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Are you honest with yourself?

First, you need to know yourself well, or rather, be deep with your self-knowledge, really, not fantasize or mask feelings.

You need to know what your strengths and weaknesses are, be rational.

Being able to answer that, will be your first step to know if it is possible to be profitable and make a living from this game.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
those are very important questions to ask but I don't think that's enough to be profitable
As I said at the end, knowing how to answer these questions will be the 1st step to being profitable.
Of course, knowing this doesn't magically make you profitable, but it shows you the path you need to follow to perfect yourself and follow your journey.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You have to study a lot, improve your game, have a strong mindset and dedicate yourself to be profitable.

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
As I said at the end, knowing how to answer these questions will be the 1st step to being profitable.
Of course, knowing this doesn't magically make you profitable, but it shows you the path you need to follow to perfect yourself and follow your journey.
Deep down, I like it, but being aware of these you can't come to terms with yourself (to come to terms with yourself can mean resigning or capitulating) which would be the spark that gives us momentum to go to perfection?

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

First, you need to know yourself well, or rather, be deep with your self-knowledge, really, not fantasize or mask feelings.

Being able to answer that, will be your first step to know if it is possible to be profitable and make a living from this game.
For me, poker is primarily a hobby. Poker makes me a profit, but it's not enough money to pay the bills. I work at a job to pay the bills. For me, poker is entertainment after work, in the evenings and at the same time it is a small additional income.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
The character of the player really influenced the gameplay .

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Strong agree with you, buddy.

drinker

drinker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I quite adequately assess my skill and my experience. I will not become a professional, but it is not difficult to get pleasure from the game :)

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Deep down, I like it, but being aware of these you can't come to terms with yourself (to come to terms with yourself can mean resigning or capitulating) which would be the spark that gives us momentum to go to perfection?
The word perfection is very literal on any level, as we are human beings, and we have emotions, regardless of the intellectual or emotional level, it will not be possible to achieve.

So the ideal is always to get close or in your A game, but perfect, especially in work or better, in poker, not possible.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me, poker is primarily a hobby. Poker makes me a profit, but it's not enough money to pay the bills. I work at a job to pay the bills. For me, poker is entertainment after work, in the evenings and at the same time it is a small additional income.
Perfect, and that's okay, if you believe you're where you want to be, that's fine. There's no reason to be judged for it!

Fernando_RO

Fernando_RO

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
You just need to learn from your mistakes and successes, and see your goals. If you want to dedicate yourself and live from poker, you must be willing to make the necessary sacrifices, time, studies, investment, etc. Just live life.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Unfortunately, I cannot boast that I earn a living playing poker, but nevertheless, my profit from poker, although not big, is quite stable !!! And yes, I know my weaknesses, but unfortunately I can’t fix them in any way !!! Perhaps this is due to my character or simply unwillingness to correct them))))

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes, knowing one's self is critical to being a winning poker player. Know you intuitions, inclinations, behaviours, and your faults. Then work on fine-tuning them into winning poker.

M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Knowing yourself is the first step, and acknowledging that you don't know everything is the second. After that you just have to study, play and have patience and it will work

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I dont really believe in this,if you focus and dedicate yourself you can really do anything you want so,for me,its all about the will to do something XD
God bless

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Know your Limits!
Don't be in too much of a hurry to become successful in anything in Life, Even roads have Speed limits and there is a solid reason for them.
You don't want to Crash and Burn!

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
If you can live from the game as long as you respect your bank or manage to form a good bank in my case it has been very difficult because of the situation we have in our country since I have not been able to have a decent bank

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
your character should change in poker even if you are a strong person in life here you will need to be patient and adapt your character to yourself and to the game, the main thing is calm in the game and a lot of thinking and getting to know your opponents by studying them throughout the game and you will reach the final table for sure

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, you need to be aware of every action when playing poker...