Fear of Playing Badly

T

TheFaissal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just play with the rules, if you lose, lose properly, but playing hands that you shouldn't play or making decisions based on feeling fear, is not good for the long terms.

Peace!

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never felt fear about a bad game, because I played only at micro limits. If fear arises, you need to calm down and start playing your usual game.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Fear is an instinct that allows you to save your bankroll. Worse, when players play poker and feel no fear.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You’re almost guaranteed to play poorly at some time. Never stop studying and keep track of the mistakes you make and find the proper ways to adjust. There’s no dealing with it. You just need to keep gaining knowledge and limit your mistakes to the best of your capabilities.

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Fear appears when you spend a lot of money.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Weird question , I think you are questioning your own game?!?! , if you take the correct decisions then you have nothing to fear. Knowing every time the dynamics , open ranges , push/fold etc then you will auto pilot in many spots.

If you made an unsuccessful bluff but with the correct blockers etc or you have reads on your opponents and you adjust your plays then in the long run you will be winning.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't be afraid of getting eliminated or lose chips. You cannot just sit at the table waiting for aces, kings etc. And the other players are not gods as well.
It may sounds stupid but try to play poker with friends or in not real money, where you can regain the level of your confidence, and makes yourself remember why you have this hobby.

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm very sensitive person and I do feel fear and stressed sometimes while I'm playing poker especially after many loses, but I start to play in low stacks, drink some calming tea and listen to relax music which calms me down

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lots of people play bad and even good players can have bad days and can make mistakes. People are diffrerent and you just need to find what will be good for you. I usually play bad, when i have a pause in the game. But if you can have some warm-up tournaments, i think everything must be good.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never had this fear. I play for fun, so I always feel comfortable. I think that poker is a game that can bring both pleasure and stress, so I choose pleasure.

jesuisjesus

jesuisjesus

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When i started playing poker i felt a lot of fears. Over time, having gained exspirience, the jitzy disappears and the game becomes something everyday.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You always need a break when you play many days. Will help you make good decisions and avoid falling into repeated errors. Fear is complex, sometimes, you know you're up in the hand, but still, you are afraid to play poorly.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everybody makes mistakes. It is completely normal when you are in the initial learning stages your performance to fluctuate and depend heavily on your current mental and physical state while you play. If you continue to learn some aspects of your game will become unconscious and will not depend on that. So keep learning, have strict bankroll management, try to play only when you are focused and fresh and situation will improve.

Sokolik

Sokolik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be afraid of wolves do not go to the forest. If there is a fear of something then you should not take a step in that direction.