Family Question

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well thank God I have all the support that I need in my family. At first it took a while for them to get used to it, but when the results appeared they started to find it interesting

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My contacts are not related to poker. Yes, I would not want it to be.

P

psuedosuited

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have - just be honest with them and don’t let it interfere with your relationship

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife and daughter accept my game if I play when they sleep :D

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't get my wife to play any game that requires any form of currency. She tolerates my poker habits because of the amount of freerolls I play.

Pudiel

Pudiel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I almost got kicked out of my house, my mom was mad that i was going to play a 4k live game on my city, but today she is open about the game...

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well my parents are also pretty against me playing poker but my brother who's a banker and deals with numbers/investments and shit is very supportive. He knows it can be a very profitable form of income provided that you have discpline and the desire to learn.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Has anyone here had a family members (specifically spouse) that has been hesitant or flat out unsupportive of your passion for poker? My fiance (and mother of my daughter) had a bad family experience where an uncle lost everything his family owned (money, house, car, etc..) because of gambling. I have been playing poker since I was a child using pennies or candy to play 5 card draw. I am currently trying to refine my skill so that I have the option of a second career, or at least something that can do to score some extra money on the side.

If you have had this complication, what did you do to overcome it, or allay the fears of your SO/FM? Right now, I am trying to build my bankroll from 0 using freerolls, but she still fears that I won't have the discipline to avoid putting our money into play.

HI There
Dont´t worry You´re not alone
Maybe 99% of poker player have some to complain ab you playing poker
And you know what? There is nothing you can do
Or you cahnge your companion for a dog or you find some hours of the day you can play
Thats it
Rgds

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
When people from family see me playing poker, most of them do not care about it, some of them are positive and a few are skeptical. These skeptical ones, they just do not know or they cannot handle these things, so poker wakes up some of their fears! I just try to explain them and guide them about poker.

V

Vasilii813

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Message 7

If Someone is afraid you need to assure that you will not recoup that is to raise the stakes because to play for the last money the biggest mistake can be lost, on this you need to swear to yourself that you will play only on reserve money and on those who do not feel sorry for Spend and if they lose do not regret to forget about them and wait until there will be again money that is not to be conceived. In Any case it is impossible to play for all because there is a proverb when you put on a con all tomeand all andproigit

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the beginning of my poker career, when relatives found out that I was playing poker, they began to discourage me from playing poker. They claimed that I would lose my money and maybe worse. As I did explain to them that I did not play for my own money, they did not believe. At the moment, everyone calmed down because I have profits from poker.

Fishmasterbaiter

Fishmasterbaiter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello!

Yes I have dealt with this from inlaws and peripheral people. No one leaves Baby in the corner!
Has anyone here had a family members (specifically spouse) that has been hesitant or flat out unsupportive of your passion for poker? My fiance (and mother of my daughter) had a bad family experience where an uncle lost everything his family owned (money, house, car, etc..) because of gambling. I have been playing poker since I was a child using pennies or candy to play 5 card draw. I am currently trying to refine my skill so that I have the option of a second career, or at least something that can do to score some extra money on the side.

If you have had this complication, what did you do to overcome it, or allay the fears of your SO/FM? Right now, I am trying to build my bankroll from 0 using freerolls, but she still fears that I won't have the discipline to avoid putting our money into play.

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best thing to do is set limits and rules of what time to play, so that both of you know that it was combined!

prozitu

prozitu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
one thing I would never do and spend all my income on poker. All the money I earned in poker won in freerolls.

onione6ix

onione6ix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker isn't going anywhere . Step away from the game for respect for your family. Peace in the household is priceless.

M

Millie232

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My dad is not very supportive of my poker playing as he is anti-gambling, but he doesn't really mention it. It probably helps that I'm a winning player. My mum is neutral on it but seems to like it because it gets me around and meeting people. My brother just thinks it's cool because he's one of those people who believe that nobody can ever win long term at any kind of gambling - he's very wary of "the rich get richer" and insists that "somebody can just sit down with more money and bully you" and never listens when you tell him about maximum buy-ins or the fact that all poker players in a tournament start with the same amount of chips. My fiance loves that I play poker and finds it really cool - but I think it's just the holidays from all the tournaments I play! So I've never really had any problems from gambling with my family, but honestly I don't see why they would have a problem as long as you aren't losing ridiculous amounts of money: even losing a small amount of money is fine as long as you have fun - poker is entertainment just as much as a movie, going bowling, or playing golf.

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm playing for fun.Don't borrow.If I spend my money.I don't mind if my family plays on the same terms.