Failure to Repay Stake - Pokernuts01

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I agree, the number of loyalers has risen quite a bit and it's getting harder to know whether all are trustworthy or not, especially if they don't regularly communicate in the other place.

:(

We don't know if anyone is not trustworthy till something occurs to think otherwise. This can apply to 'real life', too.

(I am hoping you don't consider loyalers who do not communicate regularly 'in the other place' untrustworthy... given I do not communicate there often.)

Pokernuts and I had a clean money exchange not long ago, so honestly this surprises me that he has not paid any monies back to others. With any luck he will do 'the right thing' and hope he will wipe the slate clean while paying back everything owed.

Hope he takes care of this, Jeremy.

cr0thund3r

cr0thund3r

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pming you Dakota altough one of the mods or maybe even more have read what I am about to send you

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Definitely not you, what I mean is that it is easier to make a judgement if regular communication is made and getting to know them, the first communication I had with Pokernuts was the above PM's iirc.

I am still owed some by 2 members and 1 keeps telling me they will send on the 10th of the month, ten months has passed since the first mention of the tenth of the month, I now get a chuckle when I read the promises of next month.

I have made many good exchanges with both loyalers and non loyalers, working out who to trust comes from interacting with them.

[emoji41]

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Definitely not you, what I mean is that it is easier to make a judgement if regular communication is made and getting to know them, the first communication I had with Pokernuts was the above PM's iirc.

I am still owed some by 2 members and 1 keeps telling me they will send on the 10th of the month, ten months has passed since the first mention of the tenth of the month, I now get a chuckle when I read the promises of next month.

I have made many good exchanges with both loyalers and non loyalers, working out who to trust comes from interacting with them.

[emoji41]

"The cheque is in the mail." ? :)

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
300 here, 800 there, that's how you pay public holiday for all family in serbia.SHAME on YOU!

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just want to be clear on 1 point here though, the mods have done nothing wrong with this at all and the staking forum as designed works as well as you can expect. There is no situation where this is 100% safe but CC does a damn good job in getting it close.

The debate about creating a staking forum existed for years, I remember seeing it being proposed back in 2006 (kinda like having a chat room) and the admin and ownership were always hesitant because of things like this but they listened to their members and created something that works very well and is very secure.

I do not think it's on the mods to do any investigation into these matters but rather us as players and forum members to monitor ourselves and the community and only when something has gone wrong should we need to bring the moderators and admins into it, not to get back what we lost but to protect the rest of the community from it happening to them. And with that in mind I do believe everything has worked out fine.

In reference to the post above which shows that PokerNuts01 cashed for $300 in a league, I like to point out that I never questioned if he was a winning player or not and I think his inability to pay is less a result of him making money in the game but more so him being a degenerate and untrustworthy person (someone sent me an image showing he played a 215$ tournament on sunday for example). If he wins money elsewhere we cannot do anything about it, it is just the nature of the game.

My intentions of posting this were really just to enlightened the public more than anything else, I know how these things work and when I made it public i know there is virtually no chance of him making payment but again, I think its my responsibility to post to make sure the community is protect and I think that responsibility lies with everyone on the forum and for what its worth, the moderators have said he will be banned shortly after giving him time to respond, he has already had his privileges revoked and more stories are coming out. As bad as it may seem now, it is a good thing to happen for everyone around here.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We know that Jeremy - thanks for supporting us. We do our best to make good judgements and won't always get it right.

And yep remember those discussions well - this is what we feared, but after looking at staking in other forums I think we get off very light on the scammers so we must be doing pretty good with it.

I think everyone of us can think of a friend or family member whom we thought we could trust - and then found out we couldn't. Much less members in a forum.

It always hurts a bit more when it is a loyaler. :(

Won't be the first or last though.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sad to see all of this coming out now. Addressing some of the posts. If you are swapping funds with someone, make sure it is done publicly, you have done your research, and is posted in a transfer thread.

Loaning money to someone you only know online is a bad idea, period. In addition, it’s also against forum rules to do so via PM. If someone PMs you asking to loan them money, report it to one of the Mods ASAP as they are breaking the rules and likely to PM someone else asking for a loan. I’ve only seen damaged reputations, stress, and lost funds come out of loaning money online.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm impressed at how this is handled, congrats!
I do realize it takes a guru and a significant amount to get this rolling.

Despite the password revocations, AAcoskeAA manafed to participate in tonights 25+ freeroll.

BlackMamba

BlackMamba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wonder why the silent culprit "celebrations"? He has nothing to say even a few words in his defense? This is weird. Or he realizes his guilt and is now afraid to talk to the forum?

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did message him saying he should probably speak before he is banned but no response to that so far

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
If he is playing in high buy in games he will never respond or repay, It shows his character, if he had intentions to pay he would not be entering tournaments with these high buy ins.

[emoji52]

miamia

miamia

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
E moj coske.Cant believe it .Read all thread and think for what amount some people sold dignity and be shamed from all community-

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sorry for your loss Marginal. I just hope the few instances of "scams" doesn't put a black eye on the staking forum.

I have lost $ staking people also. It isn't a great feeling as I don't have a tremendous bankroll to risk in this manner.

I would agree with you in as much as, it isn't about the money. I enjoy staking people as well. It lets me live vicariously through someone else. We try to check into those requesting our staking and still run the risk of being ripped off.

I hope you are not dissuaded from staking others here on our forum, I know I haven't been.

We can only hope he may eventually come to his senses and pay up.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I speak for the entire community when I say this PokerNuts Serb is a grade-A scumbag. Cheat a fellow member like that was generous enough to risk and stake you.

Sounds like he tried to scam anyone he could get his hands on. Ugh.

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the people reading my post will not like what I have to say, but someone needs to say it: if you stake someone to play poker using your money, you are a degenerate gambler. If you do it online, and transfer money to someone else, knowing just his nickname on cardschat and on some online poker sites, you are a complete idiot, and you deserve this kind of things to happen to you. This guy pokernuts01 can setup other accounts on all the poker sites, cardschat, paypal and in a few months do the very same thing to you again, and you will never know it. And the most hilarious quote: "I trusted him with my money because he was a loyaler" :)

Last edited:
M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the people reading my post will not like what I have to say, but someone needs to say it: if you stake someone to play poker using your money, you are a degenerate gambler. If you do it online, and transfer money to someone else, knowing just his nickname on cardschat and on some online poker sites, you are a complete idiot, and you deserve this kind of things to happen to you. This guy pokernuts01 can setup other accounts on all the poker sites, cardschat, paypal and in a few months do the very same thing to you again, and you will never know it. And the most hilarious quote: "I trusted him with my money because he was a loyaler" :)
Yea I mean i disagree fully with what you say because its very naive and shows you really don't understand how poker and in the industry works. I'll try to explain to you.

1) To your point about it being degenerate gamblers by staking. I do not play much poker anymore as I just do not really like to play as often unless the stakes are extremely high or worth my time however as someone who has played poker for a very long time and has been active within various poker communities, I have realised that there are a lot of profitable players out there who can make a lot of money when given the right opportunity. In my time doing this I've come to realise that someone not having the money to play games that they can beat isn't always because they are bad at the game but in most cases because they are risk adverse or have other life commitments that do not allow them to risk their own money. Hence people like myself come in and provide them with that financial backing. In most cases they make money, in some cases they don't and in few cases they scam. Overall if you look at choosing the most profitable players available to you, you will find a way to make money out of this and it is enjoyable to share in other people's success. It is no different than making alternative investment choices.

2) Trusting someone without knowing their name or not meeting them makes someone an idiot. I knew this guys real name and I knew what he looked like but guess what regardless of if I knew him in person or not, knowing a name vs a screenname does not make much of a difference. A name does not mean anything. You invest in people based on their reputation and actions and whether you think they are profitable or not. Pokernuts01, for better of worst, was a long standing member here, had other stakes go through which ended reasonably well (in hindsight this isnt correct but hindsight is 20/20) and more importantly to me, he showed some very profitable results.

3) The comment about being a loyaler. At any given time there are only 100 loyalers on the site. In terms of this forum, it means something and while you might not know the person directly, the fact they made it that far into the community means that the long standing members here actually do know them. Random people do not just make it into that place, it takes time and being a part of the forum. Sure we get bad ones from time to time but the bunch is a very good core and even if I didnt know the person I would feel a lot safer transacting with a loyaler than I would other random people.

4) Yes he can go about creating new screennames etc but regardless of that (which by the way gets difficult on poker sites, you go ahead and log in from the same IP address on pokerstars and create an account with your name or your spouses name and see what they tell you when you try to withdraw) it is important to get the current ones named and out there for being scams. In addition to this post on CC, I will make a cross post on other forums so that they can recognise his screennames and what he has done as well. If he goes through the trouble to recreate himself sure let him do it but all the accounts he used on poker sites and all the graphs he shared were graphs and accounts that existed for 5-10 years. It is very hard to show up as a new account and get staked off the back of a 6 month graph. Just because he can change it doesnt mean we just let him go unchecked.

Now with the rational explanations done. I am going to say something else. Do not come into my thread, telling me that I am a idiot when this is what I do. Ive made a ton of money through stakes and in a lot of cases I didnt know much about the people at all and yea sometimes it doesnt work out and they are cheats but it happens. So don't judge me and make a post like that, you can go take your 5 dollar ass to somewhere else but i wont tolerate that shit here. Go play a freeroll somewhere and complain about getting some bad beat for 10cents instead of taking this line with me. You arent being provocative with your opinion, just plain stupid.

Last edited:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Yep most won't cause you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Robochick

Robochick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you are about to learn the definition of the term "pile on".

Last edited:
naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the people reading my post will not like what I have to say, but someone needs to say it: if you stake someone to play poker using your money, you are a degenerate gambler.

If you do it online, and transfer money to someone else, knowing just his nickname on cardschat and on some online poker sites, you are a complete idiot, and you deserve this kind of things to happen to you.

This guy pokernuts01 can setup other accounts on all the poker sites, cardschat, paypal and in a few months do the very same thing to you again, and you will never know it. And the most hilarious quote: "I trusted him with my money because he was a loyaler" :)

1) You're so wrong In that regard, for you to actually believe a "Degenerate gambler and a backer are the same-thing Is laughable". I've been backed on several occasions @ this site, and It really Is an experience on It's own. From the horses perspective and the backers perspective. It's also another way for members to learn "From the more knowledgeable players @ the forum (During the rail)+Learn ways to better help In succeeding. I for one myself (Use to be prone to get agitated) really fkn quick (after losing several small pots to the same players (during my stake threads). Than several of my backers, kept saying "I did the right play, and that luck wasn't on my side and/or to shake It of and/etc", this "re-affirmative/positive "Feed back", reassured me+them (The backers), that "It wasn't my fault and most of my (all but 1) of stakes were In the positives". So for you to call "Them (Backers) degenerate gamblers Is an Insult (without knowing them yourself)".

So on behalf of all those who did back me, and Marginal (The man with $600K+Go fk yourself), with a smiley face too boot:).

2) Nobody "Deserves to get scammed period", and also, calling people "Idiots without knowing them Is Just that Idiotic", you don't know the reason as to why, they did that which they did, nor do you know the reason. that they "Chose to pass some stakes by and were Interested In this certain stake and chose to take a chance on It", But In general (Backers) back certain horses over others because they think "That said horse, stands a better chance for them to make money and/or they wish to grant this member a chance to play In games that he/she normally wouldn't and/or their country In question can't and/or Isn't allowed to play on certain sites and they wish to Join In on the action". So again for you to Just "Assume, that all those reasons are Idiotic Is absurd" and It's not like these (Backers) don't "Research the said (Horse) prior to them committing to send them funds". Sometimes shit happens but rarely does shit happen and only when shit happens does It seem like, this shit happens "All the time" when In reality It's not "All the time" but does happen from "time to time". Still sucks that It happens all-together as that makes It more like It happens "More often than It really happens" and It gives those that "Wish to get backing" (That much more less likely and/or even harder), chance to get that Backing.

3) If you think "You can setup another poker account" and that It's easy to do the same-thing, over and over. Than by all means, prove me wrong and setup "different SN's on Poker-Stars and/or party poker" from the same house hold In the same name and see what happens when It comes time to with-drawl. More than likely, You're not getting your funds (Right away) without answering X/Y/Z.

4) You wont know, how long It takes for a member to become a "Loyaler" with an attitude like that, but understand this "The Loyaler's aren't a huge group" (The doors do open) but they don't open "All the time". It's supposed to be a "Tight knit group" which takes time to get Into, and all It's members "Worked hard to get Into said group (Unless you're Zorba or PO or that dumb truck WildYetty:p), but most worked hard and spent time @ CC to get Into said group, so It's for that reason, that Marginal did trust this piece of manure+Scammer and give him the benefit of the doubt+give him all these months+X amount of chances to come correct.

To Marginal, I'm sorry this crap happened to you @ the hands of a Loyaler (Too boot).

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you stake someone to play poker using your money, you are a degenerate gambler. If you do it online, and transfer money to someone else, knowing just his nickname on cardschat and on some online poker sites, you are a complete idiot, and you deserve this kind of things to happen to you.
Smh. The bolded part is a really bold statement (pun intended). To say anyone deserves to get scammed is terrible, especially with this being a very friendly forum.

By your logic, stables like BitBStaking and Pocarr who are worth millions of dollars, the former run by elite MTT regs who's horses netted $4M+ combined in 2017, are ****ing idiots.