Face to Face Games

AmatuerISwear

AmatuerISwear

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, last week I was playing a game at someone's house and and I hit a really great hand and made a pretty substantial bet. Only one person called, and do you know why? My hands gave me away...I was literally shaking. Maybe its because its the first time I had a playable hand all night and was excited/nervous. I think I will stick with playing online.

mregister2

mregister2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is actually a tell from Mike Caro's book. Most people will mistake a person's shaking hands as a sign that they are nervous about getting caught bluffing. In actuality, it is usually because their adrenaline is pumping because they have a monster.

Of course, I have a friend who is old and his hands shake all the time. He uses it to his advantage and actually gets a lot of calls with his big hands.

babyreid

babyreid

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i wish i could play more live games because i am very good at keepin cool under pressure. it is hard but you have to be very careful. sometimes you can even fake a tell, confuse 'em!!

AmatuerISwear

AmatuerISwear

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's what I said after that hand was over..... "So, if I want to make everyone believe that I have a great hand, all I have to do is make my hands shake...." You just never know!

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh heck put on a hoodie, hood up, sunglasses, gloves etc... You'll be fine.

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Weird, my hands dont shake at all when im in the hand, mainly because im thinking about how much I can extract from my opponent and what hands he could be holding etc.

My hands do shake a bit though when im collecting my chips when the pot is pushed my way, I dunno its just excitement I suppose.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually think online poker's helped me with tells, but mainly just the getting better part. Instead of going into the "OMG I'M GONNA BLUFFF" mode I think "standard cbet with dry board and overs". I'm pretty good at concealing what I'm thinking but whenever I'm facing an all-in decision I'll think aloud, some people thought it was funny when normally I'm just sitting there making all my moves pretty quietly and calculated, and all of a sudden all-in and I'll be like "****, you kidding me? What the hell does that here?".

But yeah, I started out playing live with friends, and online has definitely gotten me better in terms of tells, simply because I've played so many hands and basically am pretty good with what the default play is and what kinds of ranges to put opponents on so I make sure every action I make is deliberate. Only tough thing has been putting in chips, I've had to work on making sure I put them in the same way because even if I don't think the actions are based on hand strength, it's just generally too tough to keep a tab on it.

C

ceejae77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I just hope you used that some how atleast once later on in the night to help to win a decent pot from a bluff! Atleast you caught it when it happened and wasn't just told about it later on?!

Top 10 Games