Ever regretted folding hands before flop?

K

kahuamp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Someting in poker which applies for real life as well: no regrets for the past. Move on

LadderingUp

LadderingUp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I regret timing out KK lol... Iggy needs auto bank!!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Only once to be honest. I had some trash hand Q2o UNG i believe and the flop was QQQ and 3 players just jammed the flop. OHHH that would have been pretty. Strangely enough this was in a home game. We were introducing my new daughter when the hand happened and my wife took a picture just after the flop of me and Stephanie. I did not have a good poker face in the picture but the picture of us is on my desk at work. :)

To be honest I dont ever really worry about it. If I made the correct play I should not worry about what could have been. Making a mistake and getting paid for it is not goo poker playing.

Sirkiba

Sirkiba

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I remember a hand where I did the normal thing of folding 27offsuit and then seeing the flop was 277, but it's not like that's a hand you can just casually call a 10BB raise with.

Only way I play crap hands is if I'm the big blind vs very passive players that don't raise.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, I have regretted this many times. In addition, I had moments when I folded the pairs that I had on the turn, since the flop showed all the cards more than mine, and then my four of a kind or a full house came.

scottychase

scottychase

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes and most of end up being strights

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens all the time.
I'll have trash hole cards, i'll fold it preflop and then hit my trash cards on the flop.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not pre-flop, reason why you folded. If there is going to be second guessing, it will be post-flop and that doesn't happen often. Move on to the next hand regardless.

K

Kehzi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course. It always hurts to fold a weak or marginal hand only to catch something strong on the flop or by the river.

This is the reality of poker though, you can not focus on the result, you have to focus on how you played the situation. And if folding was the right decision statistcally speaking, you can't be mad and you should still come out on top long term.

srurrr

srurrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes.But It's no use regretting about it.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every poker player has probably experienced this before and mostly not just once. But if I fold Q2 preflop and the flop brings QQA then I don't regret the fold preflop. If I played Q2 all the time, I would almost certainly make a long-term loss because I get a kicker problem too often. That's why it's okay

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nope,,,once i make a decision,i lock into it. ;) no regrets.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow, yes several times and then it gets really angry:mad:

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

if it has happened to me many times unfortunately !!! one for protection or to take care not to lose chips makes that more mistakes when it is not so much to pay !!!

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
No not really. If I folded a scrap hand preflop then it doesn't matter if the hand would have won. You have the choice either to play the hand or to fold and if you fold then the story is over. I regret it much more if I played and knew I was going to lose

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you ever regretted folding hands before seeing the flop?
Of course it happens to me very often, I always think that I do not have such a strong hand, but when I drop and a flop appeared I regret very much! But I really like it when then you walk the tern and river and my hand would be really weak, that's when I am very happy and praise myself for throwing this hand, emotions are indescribable, I think everyone came across this!

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, it probably happens to everyone. But it still doesn't make sense to call with a small hand. I don’t do this if this is not the beginning of the tournament and the blinds are small.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Never.

Each one knows with what cards or with what type of opponent to make that move, and if the Flop, Turn or River cards do not support, that is something else.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker