Ever regretted folding hands before flop?

Z

zyntsz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you ever regretted folding hands before seeing the flop?

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
yes, happens in every tournament, because of the my lack of confidence in that hand

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips

Yes, many times. Also regretted not folding before seeing the flop, many times as well. It's just part of the game.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
An argument can be made that this is the biggest waste of time in most inexperienced players game. Everything that happens after you fold is total speculation on your part, although most players only watch how the hand ends without any regard for the play between the flop & river. Meanwhile there is an actual hand being played that gives one a chance to watch your opponents & maybe learn some of his/her tendencies.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yep - multi-tabling and laggy computer cause it every time.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi zyntsz. I can't even start to count the times I've folded small pairs pre-flop, which would have been the winning hand. Like making a set. However, what's past is past, and there is nothing you can do about it. Fold them, or call with them is up to you. But one thing you should consider is the bet size, in order to make your decision to call or not. Like is it worth taking the chance, when it's going to cost you a big part of your chips. GL

P

Poeffy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course. Even with bad hands you can get a nice full house. saw it often :(

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes yes when i see the nuts flop :)

shim36

shim36

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens all the time. But it's hard to say, because the situation can get worse after the flop.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. It usually happens everytime I play. My range and the sixth sense go to war with each other sometimes.

R

Royal9012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I don't had regrettes if I fold before the flop because is my choice.Many times happens to entry full or straight ,but this is the raise effect.

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I get beaten by a bad hand, I tend to regret it because at the end of the hand I just think that I could have predicted it when I thought about it but I made a very bad decision.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you open a poker client and pay a buy-in, it's bound to happen... It's impossible to get away from it.. It doesn't matter how you play or against whom... :) This happens all the time, so don't think about it ;) Your nerves are very important )))

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips

This happens all the time but I try not to regret so much and see more the positive side of a folded hand, which had me brought into trouble with the flop. But it's not an easy psychological process.
This is an advantage of Zoom or Snap Poker, you don't see the flop after folding and you have not to think about it.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A good fold before the flop is also part of the game. And one day it will save your life.
For example, the opponent makes a standard bet with a pocket pair of 77. Your hand is 75 and you want to see the flop. 755 drops on the board and you will not be able to turn off the path. You'll have to blame the poker gods instead of just folding on the preflop.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I regretted it more times than I can remember, but a careful play is usually a better strategy than a careless one, especially in the long run.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when i see my opponents go flop check check ....turn..check check
I wish I was in that hand sooo badd

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yes. I'll get a feeling about a hand and then folx start raising and re-raising and my cards shrink up so I fold. The flop will then tease me w/a woulda-been set or open-ender and then fill up on a later street. It's just part of poker.

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Biggest reget at poker

One day i folded a pocket ACES pre flop because i was afraid he might have other pockets the he might get trips at the flop or turn or river... It was a High roller tournament and didn't want to leave before reaching payable places... So yeah i regret it until now...

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes happened often . thats why i play less tight nowdays especially in late position

Mityamoriss

Mityamoriss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah it happens to me all the time

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't say it's regret but if your fold is based on numbers and range you shouldn't feel anything even if you hit the nuts. It's about decisions more than everything else

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. My decision has been made. If the flop favors to me nothing I cam do.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker