Even the Pros cannot take a beat.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
again from the 2+2 thread:

"I asked Isabelle about this and she said Annette had said something extremely rude to her earlier and this was why she slowrolled. She wouldn't tell me what." - Kurosh

I recognize the name (Kurosh), assuming it's a high-stakes player who actually knows her and this isn't a total fake.

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are on the FT of the 10k event now......crazy, so much money....over 600k to the winner

A

Adventurebound2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sticker and Zach

I do hope you guys settle your differences very soon and get back to being good freinds in the CC comunity. I've learned a lot from each of you since becoming a member here and highly value my freindship to both of you guys. It is a very sad day to see you two arguing imho.

For what it's worth, some of my very best freinds in life have been people I fought harshly with (both verbaly or physically) at a fairly early stage of knowing each other. I do hope the outcome of your diferences brings you both to a life long freindship. (Ya, I know neither one of you care for my coments atm and would rather fight, trust me...it ain't worth it. Make a truce and soon you'll see the wisdom of this advice with the great rewards of the freindships you'll share)

Back to the OP, taking full time to decide about the possiblity of losing your ten thousand dollar buy in seems very reasonable since that player did not have the "nuts". Foul coments about one doing so is certainly not professional.

JAMILE1

JAMILE1

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow the time clock goes to 260 LMFAO

Damn did you see that last hand? unreal

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_01 Sep. 07 20.45.jpg
    ScreenHunter_01 Sep. 07 20.45.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 7
momoney2

momoney2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That was a nice flop for dorinvandy. But I can't believe Jonathan Little called with just a pair of 5's. 2nd in chips and now he's out.

JAMILE1

JAMILE1

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That was a nice flop for dorinvandy. But I can't believe Jonathan Little called with just a pair of 5's. 2nd in chips and now he's out.

I agree! did you observe the chat LOL

KMC1828

KMC1828

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pretty trashy way to go out on the FT of this tournament imo. =/

JAMILE1

JAMILE1

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heres the chat after the big hand. LOL also @ Host

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_02 Sep. 07 20.49.jpg
    ScreenHunter_02 Sep. 07 20.49.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 6
  • ScreenHunter_03 Sep. 07 20.49.jpg
    ScreenHunter_03 Sep. 07 20.49.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 6
  • ScreenHunter_04 Sep. 07 20.49.jpg
    ScreenHunter_04 Sep. 07 20.49.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 6
fcumred

fcumred

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
her play isnt that bad tbh, mercier will fold a lot of her range, the A was the perfect card to bluff as well, mercier willl fold 77-KK and 55, its an advanced play that wouldnt work in a freeroll because freerollers are calling stations, as they say u can only bluff a good player

If I had a set then I'd be calling her with or without that Ace.

:D

annettes pre flop play clearly suggests she didnt have AA so what else could she possibly have to scare her away ?

KK - Ace is no good whatsoever..

AK - Even if she had her on this then shes still ahead.

44 - possible but surely she would have been more aggressive after the flop

66 - Again possible but you would think having hit a top set that she would be looking to maximise the hand so would be betting higher to get real value out of the hand

If I were in that situation my initial thought would be maybe QQ, JJ, AK or AQ. Either way theres nothing there thats going to scare me off the pot if I've hit a set. Not even with the Ace. That Ace was only a danger if she had two of them in her pocket and her pre and post flop play suggests she quite clearly doesnt have them..

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I had a set then I'd be calling her with or without that Ace.

:D

annettes pre flop play clearly suggests she didnt have AA so what else could she possibly have to scare her away ?

KK - Ace is no good whatsoever..

AK - Even if she had her on this then shes still ahead.

44 - possible but surely she would have been more aggressive after the flop

66 - Again possible but you would think having hit a top set that she would be looking to maximise the hand so would be betting higher to get real value out of the hand

If I were in that situation my initial thought would be maybe QQ, JJ, AK or AQ. Either way theres nothing there thats going to scare me off the pot if I've hit a set. Not even with the Ace. That Ace was only a danger if she had two of them in her pocket and her pre and post flop play suggests she quite clearly doesnt have them..
did u really read my post? did i say she was going to fold a set? lets not talk about her having a set but any other hand and she would most likely have to fold to annette's shove

P.S annette is capable of taking a funky line with AA or other hands like that so it is never clear that she doesnt have AA, it is always possible

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This.

If Annette pushes all-in and she takes like 3 minutes and finally calls with the full house, that is a slowroll, and it's one of the most dick things you can do when not actually cheating/stealing.

Ah now Im with you I thought she meant slowplayed, as I said I never saw the hand just the very end when the cards where shown. Although afterward Dario Minerei was defending Isabelle Mercer to Anette saying tha Isabelle really respects you.

Not a few hands later Isabelle raised Anette said "Go on finish the job" and went all in "Isabelle folded, Dario went all in with AQos to Anette_15s QQ and he knocked her out, from top ten to out in 5 hands yuk.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hell yes at Chris Moneymaker reaching the final table, Havn't seen the actual results yet, but him reaching final table is awsome and once again proves that he is much more of a worthy pokerstars 'pro' than Dario Minieri

JAMILE1

JAMILE1

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah was cool to see moneymaker at the FT, though right after I posted the screenie Choron busted him.

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ouch, slowrolling is so brutal. Even at that tier of thought by Mercy, there is no thought EVER of folding, there is basically no thought period as the chips are going in.

Annette must have killed merciers new puppy or something to deserve a slowroll like that. hahahaha :D :D :D :D

Wonka22

Wonka22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't played any of these events, but, I did play a test version of the stakes of this event.

The blind escalations are pretty long, and the time bank is 240 seconds...4 minutes. Personally i think they should give maybe 360 seconds, but allow only 90 seconds at a time.

I know it's your tourney life in some of these situations...but to wait 4 minutes for someone to act ONLINE is a bit of a stretch.

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe the fact that it is a $10,000 buy-in and a decent prize pool the person wanted to take their time to ensure they were making the correct desicion? Anybody take the time to think about this?

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
again from the 2+2 thread:

"I asked Isabelle about this and she said Annette had said something extremely rude to her earlier and this was why she slowrolled. She wouldn't tell me what." - Kurosh

I recognize the name (Kurosh), assuming it's a high-stakes player who actually knows her and this isn't a total fake.

Sounds like she got what she deserved, trash talk is one thing, toilet talk is another. I wouldn't expect IM to respond in a similar fashion, she has too much class. Poor little AO, bet she wouldn't have said it face to face?. Another online "tough guy" who uses foul language when they get their arse whipped.

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Annette is a very tough dude imo. :D

A

always2away

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am honestly confused about how you slowroll online. I understand she took 5 minutes to complete her decision but did she keep pushing for more time or was she having connection problems.

I have had many, many times when I could have been accused of slowrolling (not slowplaying) because of a connection issue. I will always apologize to the table and explain about the isp problem, but I have had other players go off on me over this even though it was completely out of my control.

G

Gavinski

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On Pokerstars, when you have ISP problems (thus disconnect from stars' server), it says it says "Disconnected" as it times you down.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On Pokerstars, when you have ISP problems (thus disconnect from stars' server), it says it says "Disconnected" as it times you down.

This, but also something else. These people playing 10k online tournaments are not playing on a crappy connection. If I were playing in an event like that I'd make sure to have at least a good back-up connection on top of the reliable connection. I'm sure she's not just sitting in a cafe somewhere and using their free wireless access, I'm pretty sure they've all got a damn good connection and have made damn sure beforehand that they will not disconnect for longer than a minute or two.