Even the Pros cannot take a beat.

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 minutes is probably extreme but this is hardly a slow roll. it isn't like mercier has the nuts here, and although yes she isn't folding here in a million years that doesn't mean one cannot think about the decision. After all it is a pretty big buy in tournament.

No need for the comments in any case (pot calling the kettle black tho as i let some ppl have it).

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What part of "slowplaying is bad" don't you understand? Does it really appear to you that I am "siding with" a slowplayer? I think you need a dictionary and a reading comprehension course, son.

And you think throwing a fit is OK? Fine, Zachy. You go through life thinking whining like a little baby is the professional way to handle things. You go ahead and think that cussing someone out is the professional way to handle things. You go ahead and go through life not caring about making yourself look bad by throwing a hissy. Just keep thinking that Tiger doesn't look like an ass when he cusses people out.

And while were at it, you just keep crapping on people here on Cardschat and thinking nothing will come of it. You're a real professional. Did you stat this out like you do everything else? Then I think your stats are wrong because I'm not taking your crap anymore.

Put that in your Hold'em Manager!

Honestly, are you like specifically on some vendetta against me? wtf did I ever do to you? First in the joke thread where bw and I jokingly said some words. That one you may have had a point. Maybe it was a bit immature, but I personally thought it was funny, not in that we were cursing each other out but because we knew each other and support thought we were actually talking all that shit in a low-stakes tourney (again, no offense to people who play those buy-ins, but most chops are the high stakes MTTs. Not very many people chop $5 single-table sngs, that's what I mean by low-stakes). I forget exactly what you said but something along the lines of grow up and not funny.

Then the post on The Poker Mindset, where I dare to offer a contrary opinion. You jump on me and say that a review has already been done and link to yours. I knew it was there, I read it before buying it. But that doesn't mean I can't have a differing opinion. There's people on the total opposite of the political spectrum having a pretty constructive debate/discussion in the lounge on the Preisdential race in the US and politics. I have a differing opinion on whether I like a book or not and you throw a hissy fit.

Then this. My point is: would you have a problem if she had said:

hypothetical Annette said:
No need to slowroll just because I'm better than you

or is it the curse words? My point about it being true probably is with no history I'm thinking the only reason she slowrolled was because of who she was playing against. As in that statement is absolutely true. She just wanted to be able to talk about doing it against one of the best up and coming players today.

And if it's the cursing why is it so bad? They're just words. There's a saying back where I come from:

saying back where I come from said:
Sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me

But for trying to say this I'm "crapping on you"?

Your statements about me being a stats-based player (whatever that means) or put that in your holdem manager? Obviously you have some kind of problem with me that goes beyond this.

And please explain to me what this means
And while were at it, you just keep crapping on people here on Cardschat and thinking nothing will come of it. You're a real professional. Did you stat this out like you do everything else? Then I think your stats are wrong because I'm not taking your crap anymore.

I would like you to provide me with proof that I crapped on people here and also for you to clarify wtf you mean by "stat this out like you do everything else".

I don't know what beef you seem to have with me but frankly I'm tired of you slandering me every time I post with my opinion. If you knew me at all you'd know that I don't talk a lot of shit, I prefer to let my game do the talking. And yeah, I use holdem manager and I use stats, like basically the majority of this forum/serious poker players do. It doesn't mean it's the only thing I use, and it has nothing to do with the topic at hand (or the previous one where you mentioned it).

And to have the arrogance to say I'm "crapping on people here" while doing something that could easily be described as crapping on me is pretty gutsy. In my time here at CC I've had an argument with pretty much one other poster, and it was someone trying to claim that it was correct to make an unprofitable play. Other than that no one else has felt I was crapping on them. So please, explain your reasoning on how I'm crapping on "people here at Cardschat".

We have differing opinions, and apparently you hate people who use statistics in a heavily math-based game.

Guess it'd be a bit much to ask for an apology for the here for the unbased slander? Did you think nothing would come of it?

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can see the problem with slow-rolling when you have the nuts, but having seen the HH it is obvious that the winning hand was NOT the nuts.

Do we know when the 5 minutes got used? Was it on the turn or after the flop? Put yourself in the place of the person who has been raised all-in by a top player. If they spent the time on the turn, it is perfectly acceptable to me. If after the river, there is no reason or excuse for it. The chips were already in at that stage.

Two other thoughts - it was a very bad all-in play with a small pair and a str8 draw - that might have contributed to the loser's frustration. She obviously hoped to bully and take it down before the river. When that plan failed, she knew she was cooked - any delay in seeing her fate would also have been very painful, I'm sure.

Finally, in a live game, they call the clock. Why do they allow 5 minutes on-line? It seems like a very long time?

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 minutes is probably extreme but this is hardly a slow roll. it isn't like mercier has the nuts here, and although yes she isn't folding here in a million years that doesn't mean one cannot think about the decision. After all it is a pretty big buy in tournament.

No need for the comments in any case (pot calling the kettle black tho as i let some ppl have it).

Well I don't know for sure but saw on 2+2 about the time. Not sure about how much clock they get just know it goes up in the upper buy-in tourneys. I think the general point though is Annette is pretty aggressive and is pushing a ton of non-set hands and that she would never fold the set in a million years. If the decision's made, why take time to make it?

Also, I'm not saying Annette's chat was acceptable, just that slowrolling is worse imo.

deadhxc

deadhxc

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got one thing to say to both of you drama queens!

:thefinger

:vroam:

:rofl:

cracker

cracker

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Anette could have had a better fullhouse 6's over A's. If that was the case I'm sure she would have given Mercier half an hour to call. Hey you get upset when you lose, just look at some of these proes lately.

G

Gavinski

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They don't normally get five minutes. As far as I know I think it's due to it being a WCOOP event they get longer than usual. In the Sunday Million, you only get a 120 second (2 minute) time bank.

mparker876

mparker876

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've gotta say, I don't really see that as a slowroll. Looking at the HH Mercier has bottom set, there's a possible straight on the board and the turn brought a flush draw, not to mention the possibilities of higher sets. Granted, it's fairly unlikely she was going to fold but you can't fault her for reviewing all the possiblities. I think Anettes comment just showed her immaturity, I see the same crap from idiots that overplay their hands all the time. Plain and simple seems like she was just pissed that Mercier made the correct call and the best hand won. Just my $.02.

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly, are you like specifically on some vendetta against me? wtf did I ever do to you? First in the joke thread where bw and I jokingly said some words. That one you may have had a point. Maybe it was a bit immature, but I personally thought it was funny, not in that we were cursing each other out but because we knew each other and support thought we were actually talking all that shit in a low-stakes tourney (again, no offense to people who play those buy-ins, but most chops are the high stakes MTTs. Not very many people chop $5 single-table sngs, that's what I mean by low-stakes). I forget exactly what you said but something along the lines of grow up and not funny.

Then the post on The Poker Mindset, where I dare to offer a contrary opinion. You jump on me and say that a review has already been done and link to yours. I knew it was there, I read it before buying it. But that doesn't mean I can't have a differing opinion. There's people on the total opposite of the political spectrum having a pretty constructive debate/discussion in the lounge on the Preisdential race in the US and politics. I have a differing opinion on whether I like a book or not and you throw a hissy fit.

Then this. My point is: would you have a problem if she had said:

or is it the curse words? My point about it being true probably is with no history I'm thinking the only reason she slowrolled was because of who she was playing against. As in that statement is absolutely true. She just wanted to be able to talk about doing it against one of the best up and coming players today.

And if it's the cursing why is it so bad? They're just words. There's a saying back where I come from:

But for trying to say this I'm "crapping on you"?

Your statements about me being a stats-based player (whatever that means) or put that in your holdem manager? Obviously you have some kind of problem with me that goes beyond this.

And please explain to me what this means

I would like you to provide me with proof that I crapped on people here and also for you to clarify wtf you mean by "stat this out like you do everything else".

I don't know what beef you seem to have with me but frankly I'm tired of you slandering me every time I post with my opinion. If you knew me at all you'd know that I don't talk a lot of shit, I prefer to let my game do the talking. And yeah, I use holdem manager and I use stats, like basically the majority of this forum/serious poker players do. It doesn't mean it's the only thing I use, and it has nothing to do with the topic at hand (or the previous one where you mentioned it).

And to have the arrogance to say I'm "crapping on people here" while doing something that could easily be described as crapping on me is pretty gutsy. In my time here at CC I've had an argument with pretty much one other poster, and it was someone trying to claim that it was correct to make an unprofitable play. Other than that no one else has felt I was crapping on them. So please, explain your reasoning on how I'm crapping on "people here at Cardschat".

We have differing opinions, and apparently you hate people who use statistics in a heavily math-based game.

Guess it'd be a bit much to ask for an apology for the here for the unbased slander? Did you think nothing would come of it?
Dude, you obviously are clueless to what you've been doing here and the novel you just wrote proves it. You are zeroing in on instances instead of seeing the big picture. And I'm serious about the dictionary. You really need to look up the word "slander". So since you just don't get it, I guess I'll have to spell it out for you:

Crap #1 - That so-called "joke" you pulled on the entire forum was pretty childlike and not funny at all. I'm not the only one who thought so. You offended quite a few of us who believed you. And yes, I told you to grow up in that thread. Consider it a favor.

Crap #2 - I know you read IceMonkey's blog and you even had him sweat you in a video, so you know he could use some confidence boosting. So when he comes out and cheers himself for making progress and says something about the book that helped him, you jump in and say how "redundant" you thought the book was. Gee, thanks for the boost, but that wasn't the point of his thread.

Crap #3 - Singling out and quoting my first post here while putting words in my mouth. You totally twisted what I said and the only reason I can think of that you would do this is to try to make me look bad. Who has the vendetta against whom?

And yes, I DO have a vendetta and it is against anybody who repeatedly craps on this forum's members-in-good-standing. I guess it's because I care a lot about this place. So don't worry. You aren't the first and you probably won't be the last. But be warned that I don't give up easily. Ask the old regulars.

The stats reference is because you don't seem to understand people and have shown that you don't think about how people feel before you act. Everything is black and white to you, just like stats. But the world isn't like that and the sooner you learn that fact, the better for you.

Now if you wanna keep this going, in public or otherwise, I'm as game as you are.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well it won't be public. This thread needs to stay on topic as of now.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh, I was the one that missed something. From the other comments I thought it was on the river. That makes it worse, no way she was folding...
I don't know, it was an important decision.

Last edited:
mparker876

mparker876

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that 5 minutes would be excessive (though I've never seen a 5 min time bank online, of course I've never played a 10K buy-in either :D). I can say in Merciers spot I would have been wondering if Annete called my raise with 57s (which I would say she's just as capable of doing as calling with 56s against an early position raise), in which case Merciers only win would have been the case 3 or a board pair. The all-in when the second club hit the board almost makes it seem like she's trying to protect a straight from the flush draw. On top of that Annete had her covered, so the decision was for her tourney life... I can see why she would use up her time bank thinking about it.

Last edited:
JAMILE1

JAMILE1

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe I'm missin something here, but where does it show she used 5 minutes? just curious.

mparker876

mparker876

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It doesn't say in the HH. Someone said in an earlier post that they read it was 5 min on a 2+2 thread. Personally, I doubt it was 5 min as I've never seen a time bank anywhere near that.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well it won't be public. This thread needs to stay on topic as of now.

Sorry, one quick comment:

slander:
Princeton dictionary said:
[SIZE=-1]words falsely spoken that damage the reputation of another
[/SIZE]

1. Video - some thought it wasn't funny, some thought it was. Got a pm saying they thought it was hilarious. Apparently it wasn't as funny as I thought it was though. Apologize for my sense of humor I guess.

2. I talk with icemonkey via aim pretty frequently. I said nothing against him, but there were people talking about the book and using it for recommendations, and I mentioned my take on it. Chuck agreed with me. If Icemonkey believed I was insulting him or putting him down in any way I apologize. I don't believe he did.

3. seems it goes beyond this, idk maybe I'm trying to think too much into it instead of just making it black and white, but it seems you're the only one who thinks I'm crapping on anyone, and I'm just tired of the potshots. If you want to take this further, please shoot me a pm, and that goes for anyone who thinks I'm insulting them. I'm here to get better at poker and hopefully help some others in the process. I also feel I've made some friends here. I just don't appreciate the shots at me.

I apologize if I've offended you, it wasn't the intent. I stand by my original point that slowrolling is worse than cursing at a player, but I wasn't trying to offend you at all. I apologize if I've ever offended anyone and again if any of you want to take it up with me feel free to shoot me a pm.

If a mod wants to delete this or something feel free, especially since you kinda told me not to post this, but I just don't appreciate having these false claims against me posted without a response.

JAMILE1

JAMILE1

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It doesn't say in the HH. Someone said in an earlier post that they read it was 5 min on a 2+2 thread. Personally, I doubt it was 5 min as I've never seen a time bank anywhere near that.

Yeah I was like 5 minutes, damn I be flippin' waiting for 5 mins:rolleyes:

Also hows about one big group hug:D

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The timebank increeses with the buy-in.......

H

HustLaGFX

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It takes me awhile to think when I play poker so I'm sure I've been accused of this before also >_>

The problem is even if I have the nuts I still tend to have to make sure it really is. Because I've had times in the past that I thought I wouldn't be beat and got butchered.I guess my brain functions slower than some people. :(

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It takes me awhile to think when I play poker so I'm sure I've been accused of this before also >_>

The problem is even if I have the nuts I still tend to have to make sure it really is. Because I've had times in the past that I thought I wouldn't be beat and got butchered.I guess my brain functions slower than some people. :(

This wouldn't be a problem. But she's a poker pro right? I'm pretty sure she knew what she had, knew she was crushing Annette's range, and knew she was gonna call as soon as Annette pushed.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This wouldn't be a problem. But she's a poker pro right? I'm pretty sure she knew what she had, knew she was crushing Annette's range, and knew she was gonna call as soon as Annette pushed.
not necessarily, annettes range was indeed wide but there were a few hands that beat her there and i dont think u can fault her for trying to analyse the situation in depth
when faced with such aggression it is easy to think that ur beat, she was far from the nutz, if she had nutz u can count on her insta-calling. mercier is a classy woman and a pro for many years i doubt she would just do this cause it was annette obrestad
annette got angry because annette is , the typical HS young poker player, a sour loser

ADDITION: when u reach that level, u dont automatically stack off with any set

Last edited:
fcumred

fcumred

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in on a pair of sixes and they are not even a pocket pair.

Christ if thats how the professionals play then I am not as far behind as I thought...

She had been called all the way so what did she think her opponent had ? 7 4 off suit ?

Her opponet could have had any number of hands at that time, so to throw everything in on a mediocre top pair seems suicide to me..

If I did that on a CC freeroll people would say I was crazy...

fcumred

fcumred

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
annette got angry because annette is , the typical HS young poker player, a sour loser

Or more to the point she made a monumental mistake and was fuming at herself but decided to take it out on her opponent instead.

Thats what I do..

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in on a pair of sixes and they are not even a pocket pair.

Christ if thats how the professionals play then I am not as far behind as I thought...

She had been called all the way so what did she think her opponent had ? 7 4 off suit ?

Her opponet could have had any number of hands at that time, so to throw everything in on a mediocre top pair seems suicide to me..

If I did that on a CC freeroll people would say I was crazy...
her play isnt that bad tbh, mercier will fold a lot of her range, the A was the perfect card to bluff as well, mercier willl fold 77-KK and 55, its an advanced play that wouldnt work in a freeroll because freerollers are calling stations, as they say u can only bluff a good player